Subrace
    Other
    Spenglarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Gods Are IE And Not Semitic

This has bothered me greatly. Why do people show disregard to the usage of gods and imply the middle eastern yhwh or el every time they use the word.

This will be the last straw if they are able to snatch it again. The root of the word is German and had an entirely different context.

This, thus, is the greatest jewish deception. As an Aryan,I protest against the use of god to refer to the middle eastern "phenomena".

Let us end this hijacking of another Aryan essence.

With my bloodbrothers at side, All sons of father with one eye, We were all born in the land of the blood on ice.
    Last Online
    Monday, April 14th, 2008 @ 06:09 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thumbs Down

Heil to That.

Last Online
    Tuesday, September 4th, 2007 @ 10:37 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think that when God is referred it is believed that it is a reference to the Christian God, because most Aryans have had a Christian upbringing. Since being raised a Catholic, that is what I understand when I see the word God. Obviously I agree with what you propose because I believe that the ancient Aryan Religions (or whatever they can be called) should be respected and the knowledge of these Religions should be encouraged as part of re-discovering our forefathers heritage and culture.

What is IE?
    I think I understand what IE stands for, its Indo-European, or not?

Last Online
    Saturday, December 11th, 2004 @ 10:23 AM
    Right side up
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

(Not all the special characters show up here.)

GOD [Middle English, from Old English. See gheu()- in Indo-European Roots.]

To call, invoke. Oldest form *heu()-, becoming *gheu()- in centum languages. Suffixed zero-grade form *ghu-to-, “the invoked,” god. a. god, from Old English god, god; b. giddy, from Old English gydig, gidig, possessed, insane, from Germanic *gud-iga-, possessed by a god; c. götterdämmerung, from Old High German got, god. a–c all from Germanic *gudam, god. (Pokorny hau- 413.)

LORD [Middle English, from Old English hlford : hlf, bread + weard, guardian; see wer-3 in Indo-European Roots.]

ALMIGHTY [Middle English almighti, from Old English ealmihtig : eall, all; see all + mihtig, mighty (from miht, might. See might1).]

KING [Middle English, from Old English cyning. See gen- in Indo-European Roots.]

REX [Latin, King.]

II. Lengthened-grade form *rg-, Indo-European word for a tribal king. 1a. bishopric, eldritch, from Old English rce, realm; b. Riksmĺl, from Old Norse rki, realm; c. Reich; Reichsmark, from Old High German rchi, realm; d. rich, from Old English rce, strong, powerful, and Old French riche, wealthy. a–d all from Germanic *rkja-, from Celtic suffixed form *rg-yo-. 2. real2, regal, regulus, reign, rial1, riyal, royal; regicide, regius professor, vicereine, viceroy, from Latin rx, king (royal and priestly title). 3. Suffixed form *rg-en-. raj, rajah, rani, rye2; maharajah, maharani, from Sanskrit rj, rjan-, king, rajah (feminine rjń, queen, rani), and rjati, he rules.

---
    Indo-European roots here:
    http://www.bartleby.com/61/IEroots.html
    ----

Nazzjonalista is right, of course. We Westerners are conditioned to think in terms of the Biblical gods, but this is changing. My kids have a completely different attitude. If some one were to mention "god" to them, they're likely to say "Which god?".

Could be my influence.

So what are we to do, Rahul? Modern media is doing most of the work for us. Nietzsche announced "God is dead" a hundred years ahead of schedule. What lacks is a replacement. Nietzsche seems to have favored an abstract creative force with in a somewhat pantheistic universe to answer his own depressing nihilism. He saw in Zarathustra the necessary dualism but, of course, left Z.'s moralistic interpretation behind.

The problem with reverting to simple polytheism as in Asatru is that it is already played out. We can view broadly the evolution from Rig Veda's reverence to the cartoonish depictions in the Norse myth. What is Loki's Flyting if not an attack on the anthropocentric gods? The Indo-Aryans and Greeks both dismembered their gods to build higher modes. The Upanishads and Buddism match closely the failed probings of the Greeks. Heraclitus something of a pantheist. Orpheus, a reincarnationist.

This is not to say the polytheistic layer is useless. It is tradition, history and imagery woven into our Western culture. When we say "Trojan horse" or "Pandora's Box" we recognize the lasting connections. Some of these connections need to be restored, while other, new ones, are necessary - in my opinion.

Last edited by OnionPeeler; Monday, August 5th, 2002 at 12:08 AM.

Last Online
    Thursday, May 8th, 2003 @ 03:24 AM
    Occupation
    Personal Trainer/Counselor/White Warrior
    Politics
    Aryan Blood
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hell even Christ is a Germanic name heh

Frank

If the soul were the size of an atom of sun light, how big would THAT which is known as God be? My point is that, as was previously stated, we, here in the West, are conditioned to see God as a male being with a Western Paternal Attitude toward Humanity. There are some that see God as neither this nor that, but, rather, THAT from which this and that arises like droplets of water from waves in the ocean.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Sunday, January 24th, 2010 @ 10:00 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Spenglarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post For Edric

IE = Indo-European.

I use IE to refer to-Aryan or Indo-European.

Will Continue....

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Subrace
    Other
    Spenglarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If the soul were the size of an atom of sun light, how big would THAT which is known as God be? My point is that, as was previously stated, we, here in the West, are conditioned to see God as a male being with a Western Paternal Attitude toward Humanity. There are some that see God as neither this nor that, but, rather, THAT from which this and that arises like droplets of water from waves in the ocean.
    Frank is not only talking in the spirit of the Upanishads and the early Greek philosophy, which Triad has mentioned, but his own spiritual quest. I understand that this question is of a great relevance, for the elevated and thoughtful minds who are at ease with their idea of existence.

By the way, I mean Aryan whenever I use Indo-European. That is more real as I feel it.

Last Online
    Tuesday, September 4th, 2007 @ 10:37 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post Re: For Edric

Originally posted by Rahul
    IE = Indo-European.

I use IE to refer to-Aryan or Indo-European.

Will Continue....
    Thanks for your explanation, I understood what IE stands for before I saw your explanatory post, but it is good to have a confirmation, thanks.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Subrace
    Other
    Spenglarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Originally posted by Triad
    (Not all the special characters show up here.)

GOD [Middle English, from Old English. See gheu()- in Indo-European Roots.]

To call, invoke. Oldest form *heu()-, becoming *gheu()- in centum languages. Suffixed zero-grade form *ghu-to-, “the invoked,” god. a. god, from Old English god, god; b. giddy, from Old English gydig, gidig, possessed, insane, from Germanic *gud-iga-, possessed by a god; c. götterdämmerung, from Old High German got, god. a–c all from Germanic *gudam, god. (Pokorny hau- 413.)

LORD [Middle English, from Old English hlford : hlf, bread + weard, guardian; see wer-3 in Indo-European Roots.]

ALMIGHTY [Middle English almighti, from Old English ealmihtig : eall, all; see all + mihtig, mighty (from miht, might. See might1).]

KING [Middle English, from Old English cyning. See gen- in Indo-European Roots.]

REX [Latin, King.]

II. Lengthened-grade form *rg-, Indo-European word for a tribal king. 1a. bishopric, eldritch, from Old English rce, realm; b. Riksmĺl, from Old Norse rki, realm; c. Reich; Reichsmark, from Old High German rchi, realm; d. rich, from Old English rce, strong, powerful, and Old French riche, wealthy. a–d all from Germanic *rkja-, from Celtic suffixed form *rg-yo-. 2. real2, regal, regulus, reign, rial1, riyal, royal; regicide, regius professor, vicereine, viceroy, from Latin rx, king (royal and priestly title). 3. Suffixed form *rg-en-. raj, rajah, rani, rye2; maharajah, maharani, from Sanskrit rj, rjan-, king, rajah (feminine rjń, queen, rani), and rjati, he rules.

---
    Indo-European roots here:
    http://www.bartleby.com/61/IEroots.html
    ----

Nazzjonalista is right, of course. We Westerners are conditioned to think in terms of the Biblical gods, but this is changing. My kids have a completely different attitude. If some one were to mention "god" to them, they're likely to say "Which god?".

Could be my influence.

So what are we to do, Rahul? Modern media is doing most of the work for us. Nietzsche announced "God is dead" a hundred years ahead of schedule. What lacks is a replacement. Nietzsche seems to have favored an abstract creative force with in a somewhat pantheistic universe to answer his own depressing nihilism. He saw in Zarathustra the necessary dualism but, of course, left Z.'s moralistic interpretation behind.

The problem with reverting to simple polytheism as in Asatru is that it is already played out. We can view broadly the evolution from Rig Veda's reverence to the cartoonish depictions in the Norse myth. What is Loki's Flyting if not an attack on the anthropocentric gods? The Indo-Aryans and Greeks both dismembered their gods to build higher modes. The Upanishads and Buddism match closely the failed probings of the Greeks. Heraclitus something of a pantheist. Orpheus, a reincarnationist.

This is not to say the polytheistic layer is useless. It is tradition, history and imagery woven into our Western culture. When we say "Trojan horse" or "Pandora's Box" we recognize the lasting connections. Some of these connections need to be restored, while other, new ones, are necessary - in my opinion.

New connections are necessary of course. But when I see the Gods as our senses, isn't there a possiblity that the Skandinavian, Germanic, Celtic and Roman traditions etc were changed to suit the requirements of the Church and to present them in a way such that "Jesus' state" could be augmented at their cost, in the eyes of the adherents of the church. And much of the literary traditions which we have access to in the modern times might have become thoroughly modified?

Reverence in the Veda is to the reality of the "Self".

No doubt that the extrapolation of Brahman and the Atman, as in appears in the Upanishads is of a later date and a slightly different message it carries, but looking at the rest of the Aryan traditions, and that includes the Iranian/Pars, it seems that their natural progression was obstructed and I dare say convoluted, in those years.

This is not at all to suggest that the Veda lived through a flourishing era in the new age, it suffered multiculturalism most of all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast