Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are there any real Christians in here?

Last Online
    Sunday, May 6th, 2012 @ 04:07 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    German
    State
    Minnesota Minnesota
    Occupation
    Student / Web Designer / Bum
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Jesus the Christ Lord and Savior
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Re: Are there any real Christians in here?

I was wondering the same thing, kilroyturner, about 'real Christians' because I see a lot of people with 'christinaity' as their "religion" but it's rare to see a sincere Christian. I am one of those, and I think it's great to see our kind on these boards!

Last Online
    Thursday, November 2nd, 2017 @ 12:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Subrace
    Paleo-Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Married parent
    Politics
    conservative
    Religion
    christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I am a "real" Born again Christian - I believe that Jesus allowed himself to be sacrificed on a cross to fufill the blood atonement of an "unblemished lamb" nessessary for the wages of sin , so that any and all who choose to call on him can be freely forgiven - I believe the bible is unfailingly accurate and that we live in a fallen world , and wrestle not against flesh and blood but against powers and principalities . I also believe that ye shall know them by their fruits and that 99.9% of those who consider themselves "born again" -may not in fact be. I also believe that some of the more rabid denouncers of "born Again" Christianity may very well be backsliders(as I have been ) or those going through the stage (I also went through) of resisting gods calling ... Luckily (for me at least) - he is by his very nature long suffering ... I also believe that we are to "love one another" and be "fishers of men" - and to never forget that we are saved by grace not because we are in any way smarter , more valuable , or better in any way than any other human being ever created.Luckily (again) we are saved by grace as I constantly find myself being made aware (usually in hindsight) that my works would never suffice.And although I'm VERY aware that this post is totally ruining my chances at winning "most popular Skadite" - I'm compelled by the words that he who acknowledges me before men , him will I acknowledge before my Father.

Recessive Supremacy
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Monday, May 15th, 2006 @ 09:25 AM
    Subrace
    Borreby > Nordid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Med Student
    Politics
    Pastafarian
    Religion
    Christianized Neo-Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The following are my personals views, and beliefs on the subject. I ask you not to take offense for what is written, should you disagree with it. I'm not trying to convert you, and I would ask that in return, you don't attempt to convert me. These are my beliefs, and I won't debate them, I'll only explain them...

I am a Christian as well in most respects, although my beliefs vary from most other Christians. I study the scripture regularly, and I guess in the widest sense of the commercialized word 'saved', I am 'saved'. However, I don't go to church and, I've never been held under water by a priest, baptism I believe it's called.

I believe organized religion (church) is a terrible thing. Why? Firstly, it's the whole group mentality thing, “if we all agree, and act together, then none of us is individually culpable”. Second, I believe many to most (depending on the church) of the people who attend church services are hypocrites, who go to be seen there by others in the community in hopes that going to church reflects well on them, Mathew 6:5 Christ said: “And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.” Thirdly I disagree with the many 'shepherds who lead their lambs astray' for the purpose of collecting tithes to support themselves. Finally I don't believe a priest, pastor, minister, etc dunking my head in watter, or trickling it down my forehead makes me anymore Christian. Luke 3:16 John the Baptist said: “I baptize you with water. But one more powerful than I will come, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit...”

I strongly disagree with catholicism. I believe they above all others cling to false idols, whether it be worshiping Mother Mary almost more than Christ, or God; worshiping the man that heads their church, 'The Pope'; or the crucifix many of them cling to like a golden calf. Exodus 20:4 God said: “You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.” I think confession is wrong, admitting your 'sins' to a holy man and receiving his forgiveness does a person no good, try repenting to god, instead of man. Hail Marries are wrong the bible confirms this, Mathew 6:7 Christ said: “But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.” I will not get into the Catholic Churches' many pedophiles, other than to say, true they make up a low percentage of the clergy, but 1 is to many. I could go on for pages about the catholic churches many 'sins' (as described by scripture), but I think I've outlined the major ones. No man is without sin, however the Catholic Church makes sin a habit for those it leads astary.

I ask you not to take offense for what is written, should you disagree with it. I'm not trying to convert you, and I would ask that in return, you don't attempt to convert me.
    Bismark,
    Last edited by Bismark; Friday, December 23rd, 2005 at 10:49 AM.
    http://www.geocities.com/jdickins87/bismarkssig.PNG

Ignorance is bliss,
    Knowledge is depressing.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, February 22nd, 2006 @ 07:28 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have never been a Christian. Even at elementary school at the age of six or seven those oriental fairy tales made me laugh.

My best friend at that time came from a family of hardcore Christians and it was very hard for me to suppress myself expressing my thoughts loudly about Christendom and so on.

I think Greek-Roman and Nordic mythology and religion are quite interesting, but if there are any gods they have not made it yet to enter my consciousness.

Last Online
    Sunday, May 6th, 2012 @ 04:07 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    German
    State
    Minnesota Minnesota
    Occupation
    Student / Web Designer / Bum
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Jesus the Christ Lord and Savior
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Bismarck:

I see your 'religion' is "Christianized Neo-Pagan". What exactly is that? I've never heard of or seen that before.

About organized religion: I do agree with you, that sadly many who attend church do it hypocritically. However, I don't think that this should cause believers to give up on the Church. It is imperative to have fellowship and challenge each other.

About baptism: I do agree that it seems in some churches that it's the golden ticket to Heaven, which is of course unbiblical. However, I do believe that we as Christians are called to profess our faith in Christ, a great way of doing this is baptism in front of our congregation.

As far as the Catholic Church goes, I agree with you about pretty much all of it.

(Not trying to sound smart, or picking a fight, if that comes across.. )

EDIT: sceagacros, I agree 100% with you

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Tuesday, January 10th, 2006 @ 05:12 AM
    Country
    Other Other
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vespasian
    Every man ever born has a religion, whether he follows a God or not well that's a different story....
    You are absolutely correct.

Although it is doubtful many would understand your definition of religion.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Country
    Other Other
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thiuda
    Whatever you want. Hoop you enjoy talking to yourself, and maybe someday you grab a book and begin to think for yourself.

Of course education helps some, but Christian "faith" tends to discount things like a genealogy of source texts ...

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Country
    Other Other
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bismark
    The following are my personals views, and beliefs on the subject. I am a Christian as well in most respects, although my beliefs vary from most other Christians...
    The essence of Christianity can be summarized by its encapsulation in the form of the Cross. That should say it all.

Last Online
    Thursday, June 16th, 2011 @ 10:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Oklahoma Oklahoma
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting. It has been found difficult; and left untried. - GK Chesterton
    --------------------------------------------------------
    There is nothing the matter with Americans except their ideals. The real American is all right; it is the ideal American who is all wrong. ~G.K. Chesterton

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Country
    Other Other
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Fendigaid
    The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting. It has been found difficult; and left untried.
    If Germanics imagine that the ideal is Christianity then this only means that Germanics have subscribed to a non-Germanic explanation of origins, cosmology, and Wurzel und Schicksal.

Last edited by nurnberg; Wednesday, January 4th, 2006 at 12:08 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast