Paleoconservative
    Religion
    Anglo Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post How do you vote?

I either vote Republican or choose not to vote at all if I can't find common ground with the candidate (Bush, Keyes). How do you vote?
    I see conservatives abandoning the Republican party left and right and I do not think it's the best thing for America or Conservatism. We need traditional conservatives to help steer the GOP back to Conservative values. Lets face it, most right-wing groups are unorganized and ill-equiped to gain any kind of political power. My suggestion is that a special conservative group within the GOP be formed ( a group within a group). How do you think conservatives can gain politically in America?
    p.s. This is for realistic discussion.
    "People demand freedom of speech as compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use" - Soren Kierkegaard

Last Online
    Sunday, September 21st, 2008 @ 08:33 PM
    Subrace
    Brünn-Nordic w/ Borreby & Baltid
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Single
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Libertarian-Conservative
    Religion
    Anglo-Saxon Heathenism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Re: How do you vote?

i'm a US citizen (having been born and raised there) so don't let the location worry you. anyway, personally - I voted libertarian in the last election. People say if you don't vote democrat or republican then you're throwing your vote away. there is a glimer of a good point in this argument, but the fact is - the two party system is destroying America - we need to get rid of the republicrats and get parties that really stand for something. Both major US parties want to control everyone, just in different respects. If one doesn't agree with a candidate then one shouldn't vote for him - because that, my friend, is sacrificing one's values. If there was no one running for presidency who I agreed with 100% or at least more than 95% - then I'd probably vote for myself.
    "the savage who loves himself, his wife and child with quiet joy and glows with limited activity of his tribe as for his own life is ...a more real being than that cultivated shadow who is enraptured with the shadow of the whole species" - Herder

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, January 20th, 2017 @ 05:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Danelaw
    Subrace
    Nordoid
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Zug Zug
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Chicken farmer
    Politics
    Democracy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anti-climacus
    Lets face it, most right-wing groups are unorganized and ill-equiped to gain any kind of political power.
    Because they are feared by ZOG.

Any power gained in America by pro-Europeans will not come from the bi-scameral system.
    My suggestion is that a special conservative group within the GOP be formed ( a group within a group).
    Your suggestion is lame, ever hear of the John Birch Society?

It's exactly what you're talking about, there is nothing new about your "suggestion".
    How do you think conservatives can gain politically in America?
    You are aware that a "Conservative" is just a reactionary, someone who doesn't want to "liberalize" too fast.

Conservatives are not loyal to ideas, they are loyal to the past and fawn over all things old... all the while becoming more 'liberal' because they are defined by "Liberals".

e.g.

"Conservatives" nowadays look back fondly on the 80's when Conservatives in the 80's looked back fondly on the 60's.
    p.s. This is for realistic discussion.
    No it isn't.

"This" is for fantasies of salvaging the Republican Party, of which I used to be a member and you know nothing about.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, January 20th, 2017 @ 05:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Danelaw
    Subrace
    Nordoid
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Zug Zug
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Chicken farmer
    Politics
    Democracy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by signofthehammer
    I voted libertarian in the last election.

Ever read their platform?

http://www.lp.org/issues/platform_all.shtml#immigrat
    Immigration
    The Issue: We welcome all refugees to our country and condemn the efforts of U.S. officials to create a new "Berlin Wall" which would keep them captive. We condemn the U.S. government's policy of barring those refugees from our country and preventing Americans from assisting their passage to help them escape tyranny or improve their economic prospects.

The Principle: We hold that human rights should not be denied or abridged on the basis of nationality. Undocumented non-citizens should not be denied the fundamental freedom to labor and to move about unmolested. Furthermore, immigration must not be restricted for reasons of race, religion, political creed, age or sexual preference. We oppose government welfare and resettlement payments to non-citizens just as we oppose government welfare payments to all other persons.

Solutions: We condemn massive roundups of Hispanic Americans and others by the federal government in its hunt for individuals not possessing required government documents.

We strongly oppose all measures that punish employers who hire undocumented workers. Such measures repress free enterprise, harass workers, and systematically discourage employers from hiring Hispanics.

Transitional Action: We call for the elimination of all restrictions on immigration, the abolition of the Immigration and Naturalization Service and the Border Patrol, and a declaration of full amnesty for all people who have entered the country illegally.
    An essay on the Libertarian Party immigration policies, from the Libertarian Party,

http://www.lp.org/issues/immigration.shtml

I can't wait to leave Yankeeland, land of wannabe nationalists!
    Last edited by Cole Nidray; Monday, October 24th, 2005 at 05:31 PM.

Last Online
    Sunday, September 21st, 2008 @ 08:33 PM
    Subrace
    Brünn-Nordic w/ Borreby & Baltid
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Single
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Libertarian-Conservative
    Religion
    Anglo-Saxon Heathenism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah? your point mate? as long as they don't marry indo-europeans I have no problem with 'em doing shity jobs and sustaining the economy. Let's face it - the USA needs mexicans. People should be able to come and go across borders as they please - and if they fuck with a country who's given them host - then they should be dealt with.
    "the savage who loves himself, his wife and child with quiet joy and glows with limited activity of his tribe as for his own life is ...a more real being than that cultivated shadow who is enraptured with the shadow of the whole species" - Herder

Renewed
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Country
    United States United States
    Jaded
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

http://www.constitutionparty.com/

I found there candidate in the last election, Peroutka, to be what I looked for in a candidate. Anti-homosexuality, anti-abortion, pro-securing the southern border, etc.

Side note: It was funny during the last election watching the Constitution Party and the Libertarian Party back to back on PBS. The audience for the Constitution Party was comprised primarily of older, well dressed white males. The audience for the Libertarian Party looked like they belonged at Woodstock and were a young crowd.
    "I do not know what horrified me most at that time: the economic misery of my companions, their moral and ethical coarseness, or the low level of their intellectual development." Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

"Du bist das Bild, das ich in mir barg..."
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 11th, 2017 @ 10:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Folkish
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Post AW: Re: How do you vote?

as long as they don't marry indo-europeans
    How would you prevent it?

I have no problem with 'em doing shity jobs and sustaining the economy. Let's face it - the USA needs mexicans.
    Another symptom of American decline.

People should be able to come and go across borders as they please...
    Then what is the point of having borders?

"Du bist das Bild, das ich in mir barg..."
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 11th, 2017 @ 10:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Folkish
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Post AW: How do you vote?

Quote Originally Posted by anti-climacus
    This is for realistic discussion.
    Since candidates who have not sold out to the Republicans or the Democrats (really, just two sides of the same thing) don't stand a chance in a major election, at those times I tend to vote for the least bad from the two major parties. In local elections, I try to vote for independent candidates.

Last Online
    Thursday, August 20th, 2009 @ 12:11 AM
    Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Subrace
    Uralic/Alpine/Pontid mixed
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Post Re: AW: How do you vote?

I voted for the Constitutional Party in '04.

Renewed
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Country
    Jaded
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Post Re: AW: How do you vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Siegmund
    Since candidates who have not sold out to the Republicans or the Democrats (really, just two sides of the same thing) don't stand a chance in a major election, at those times I tend to vote for the least bad from the two major parties. In local elections, I try to vote for independent candidates.
    I agree. My dad calls it throwing away your vote if you vote outside of the two parties and he is right. It is really pointless. We the people do not elect a candidate anyhow-- the electoral college does. That is why it is completely possible for a candidate to win the popular vote and still lose the election. Most third party candidates are not even represented on ballots in the majority of states, which is another disadvantage for them. America is simply a two-party system and the differences between those two parties is actually very little. It isn't as though our president has any real power anyhow. Especially if the majority in congress is of the opposing party.
    "I do not know what horrified me most at that time: the economic misery of my companions, their moral and ethical coarseness, or the low level of their intellectual development." Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast