Country
    European Union European Union
    Fairness
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tryggvi
    Savic? Interesting. Could you be so kind to give me (or us) an overview of the Dinaric (sub-)sub-races, possibly with a brief description of their characteristics (and, in case you have some at hand, a photo example)?

Do you consider Dinarics, as Coon does, (at least partly) a stabilized Alpine-Mediterranid (Pontid) blend? What would their relation to Armenians be?

Kind regards,

- Thorburn

providenje: Would you care to translate the following lines, since there are two crucial words I am not familiar with. Sorry .

"U oblastima gde se javlja Dinarska rasa nailazimo na visoki brahikefalni tip ali sa oplavom kosom i plavim očima. To je Lebzelter-ova Norička rasa ili Noridi (?kerlj). kako se ovaj tip u svemu poklapa sa Dinarskom rasom, sem u kornpleksiji, to ga mi smatramo dinaroid-nom formom, srodnom Dinarskoj rasi. Nazivamo ga Plavom dinarsko,n rasorn (Male?). Mo?da je ovaj plavi brahikefal istovetan sa Galatskom rasom Guiarta-a. On nas mnogo potseća na Fenonordisku podrasu.

Kao oblasni ?kerlj je opisao Savidski tip. Uglavnom odgovara dinarskorn osnovnom tipu. Odlikuje se svetlom bojorn du?ice. Rast rno?e da bude osrednji, a i glava da se udalji od brahimorfnosti. Da li se ovaj tip javlja samo u Sloveniji ili i u drugim dinarskim krajevima ? za sada ne znam. I u Srbiji nalazimo Dinaroide sa plavim i zelenkastim očima. Ali ne znam da li su to bastardne kratkotrajne forme ili su nasledno stalne.

Perhaps someone could provide us with Skerlj's assessment of the "Savid" subrace. This is actually the one I have been trying to get hold of for ages.
    Last edited by Triglav; Friday, September 5th, 2003 at 02:40 AM.

Last Online
    Thursday, May 10th, 2012 @ 03:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Afrikaner
    Ancestry
    Slavic
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slovenian
    providenje: Would you care to translate the following lines, since there are two crucial words I am not familiar with. Sorry .

"U oblastima gde se javlja Dinarska rasa nailazimo na visoki brahikefalni tip ali sa oplavom kosom i plavim očima. To je Lebzelter-ova Norička rasa ili Noridi (?kerlj). kako se ovaj tip u svemu poklapa sa Dinarskom rasom, sem u kornpleksiji, to ga mi smatramo dinaroid-nom formom, srodnom Dinarskoj rasi. Nazivamo ga Plavom dinarsko,n rasorn (Male?). Mo?da je ovaj plavi brahikefal istovetan sa Galatskom rasom Guiarta-a. On nas mnogo potseća na Fenonordisku podrasu.

Kao oblasni ?kerlj je opisao Savidski tip. Uglavnom odgovara dinarskorn osnovnom tipu. Odlikuje se svetlom bojorn du?ice. Rast rno?e da bude osrednji, a i glava da se udalji od brahimorfnosti. Da li se ovaj tip javlja samo u Sloveniji ili i u drugim dinarskim krajevima ? za sada ne znam. I u Srbiji nalazimo Dinaroide sa plavim i zelenkastim očima. Ali ne znam da li su to bastardne kratkotrajne forme ili su nasledno stalne.

Perhaps someone could provide us with Skerlj's assessment of the "Savid" subrace. This is actually the one I have been trying to get hold of for ages.
    Sure, but It'll cost ya I accept Paypal

That is from Pera_Z's 'sticky' post in the slavic vortex. There are some spelling mistakes, probably not his fault(such as bojorn?).Maybe it was a copy+paste job.

"In the area where there are Dinarids there is a tall, brachycephalic type but with blondish hair and blue eyes. that is Lebzelter's Noric race.Since this type is connected to the dinaric race, except for the complexion, we regard this type to be a dinaroid form and related to the dinarid race. We call them blond dinarids.(-really?)Maybe this blond brachycephal is similar to the Galatian race.They remind us also of the Fenonordic race.(M.I.-Hercegovina may be the "blondest"area in fromer Yugoslavia, predominately Noric)

Skerlj said that the Savid race is a regional type.It bascially corresponds to the Dinarid type. The difference is lighter eyes/hair, the stature is moderate and the head hithers away from brachycephaly.Is this type only found in Slovenia or in other dinaric areas? For now I don't know. In Serbia there is also the same Dinaroid type with blue and green eyes.But I don't know if it is a mixed, unstable type or an insistent type."

Savid(meaning Sava river) is definitely related to Dinarid and not Danubian(ex out the Ladogan admixture and shorter statured than Savids but also mesocephalic) of which most Central Serbs and Eastern Croats belong to.

Moze li u Tolarima?
    Last edited by Vojvoda; Friday, September 5th, 2003 at 06:32 AM.

Last Online
    Thursday, May 10th, 2012 @ 03:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Afrikaner
    Ancestry
    Slavic
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The rest of the text Pera_Z posted pretty much explains that you can find Alpinids,Nordids, and Meds(mostly in the south and Dalmatia) in The fromer Yugoslavia and it makes sense. Much more diverse Than what Coon had stated in his book(predominately Dinarid).

Account Disabled on Request
    Last Online
    Friday, January 8th, 2010 @ 09:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Lappland Lappland
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Fairhaired Dinarids have a special place in my heart. I think it's the recipe for a perfect man.

Here are some examples of Dinarics and Norics I posted awhile ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12