Religion
    Nazerene/Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mad Nordish Heavy Metal Bands

I have no idea, if this thread belongs here, but here goes:

Why is it that I can't find bands like Engel and Sentenced, in Amerika?

Why do we always listen to all this Pop sh*t? If it's not Pop, it's some horribly tribalistic Gansta Rap/Rap/Hip-Hop/R&B crap!

Then you have Country music, where you listen to some hayseed, from who-knows-where, complain about his/her relationship problems!

Or some Punk sh*t, where you get to listen to teenagers complain about their petty teenaged problems! Sometimes, Punk bands, are just 30 year-olds, that make money from playing whiney teenage music!

Then there's Drunken Ameri-Irish Rock, like the Dropkick Murphys. You really have to be drunk, to understand what they say... or even like the music!

The list goes on and on...

I'm saddened by the lack of talent, that gets shoved in my face, every time I turn on the radio.

I have to get satellite radio, just to hear anything good!

This is so sad...

There's got to be some sort of conspiracy, designed to make people more ignorant...

"What's the Price of Liberty? Eternal Vigilance!"

Last Online
    Thursday, October 19th, 2017 @ 02:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post Re: Nordish Heavy Metal Bands

What's wrong with Classical music?

"Laird of Glendonwyn"
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Thursday, November 24th, 2005 @ 06:57 AM
    Subrace
    Paleo-Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Religion
    Nazerene/Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Re: Nordish Heavy Metal Bands

MacQuiston

What's wrong with Classical music?
    I like Classical music, as well as the next guy.

My favorite, just happens to be Bach. However, my musical interests are varied. I like all type of music, in one form or another.

Classical music, never seems to change, from one age to the next, however, the music above, does...

I'm just wondering why the people in this generation, suck so much, especially if they come from Amerika...

It's almost as if our culture, allows them to be proud of their suckiness!

Last Online
    Monday, December 28th, 2009 @ 12:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    canadian
    Subrace
    Atlanto-Med + Dinarid
    Conservative
    Religion
    A Theist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jibby

Why do we always listen to all this Pop sh*t? If it's not Pop, it's some horribly tribalistic Gansta Rap/Rap/Hip-Hop/R&B crap!

Then you have Country music, where you listen to some hayseed, from who-knows-where, complain about his/her relationship problems!

Or some Punk sh*t, where you get to listen to teenagers complain about their petty teenaged problems! Sometimes, Punk bands, are just 30 year-olds, that make money from playing whiney teenage music!

Then there's Drunken Ameri-Irish Rock, like the Dropkick Murphys. You really have to be drunk, to understand what they say... or even like the music!
    However, my musical interests are varied. I like all type of music, in one form or another.

Last Online
    Sunday, June 18th, 2006 @ 07:06 PM
    Subrace
    Keltic/Nordic
    Country
    music student
    Religion
    skeptic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There are good bands and music out there, but you have to find them.

The low quality of popular music is directly related of the low quality of the average person. A neurotic, hypersocialized people will listen to thoughtless garbage.

I find enjoyment listening to Metal, Jazz and Classical music and can recommend some albums for you that I have listened to recently.

'Nordish' - themed Metal as you call it;
    Immortal - Pure Holocaust,
    Burzum - Aske
    At The Gates - The Red In The Sky Is Ours
    Graveland - The Fire of Awakening,
    Ildjarn - Norse

AMERICAN death/black metal bands;
    Suffocation, Obituary, Absu, Averse Sefira, Morbid Angel, Terrorizer
    other good metal;
    Bolt Thrower, Napalm Death, Massacra, Emperor, early Therion, Slayer

Jazz;
    Charlie Byrd, Gabor Szabo, Charlie Parker, Miles Davis, McCoy Tyner(especially Filles De Kilimanjaro)

CLASSICAL Music:
    Besides the obvious (Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Vivaldi, Chopin, Wagner, Debussy, etc..) I am a student of classical guitar. If you enjoy classical music or guitar of any type it is a very interesting thing to explore. Listening to anything played by these guitarists who are alive and perform today (except Segovia) will be a good start.

Leo Brouwer (modern composer and player)
    Ricardo Cobo (especially his album of Brouwer pieces)
    Enno Voorhorst (especially his Bach recordings)
    Andres Segovia (the master)
    Andrew York (modern composer and player)
    Los Angeles Guitar Quartet (4 guitarists create amazing music, Andrew York is a member)
    Manuel Barrueco (amazingly expressive player)

Last Online
    Sunday, December 14th, 2008 @ 05:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Tydal/Litorid/Nordid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Identitär
    Religion
    Indo-europeisk Traditionalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Maybe someone has already mentioned them, but Before God is a good American NSBM-band (sort of). It's a side-project from Bound For Glory I think.

"Laird of Glendonwyn"
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Subrace
    Paleo-Atlantid
    Country
    Religion
    Nazerene/Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Nordish Heavy Metal Bands

Now I have to make a wishlist, for Christmas!
    Zwah; verb

1. To become insanely enraged.
    2. To become insanely enraged and destroy physical objects.
    3. The act of stompin' down the (insert perfidious people here).

[A word that was originally coined by Joseph Weber, in an attempt to describe his father's illogical and quite possibly insane, German temper.]

See also: Zwahed and Zwahing

Emoticon:

Last Online
    Friday, December 28th, 2018 @ 07:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Essex Essex
    Nationalism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Classical music, never seems to change, from one age to the next, however, the music above, does...
    hmmh...?

"Laird of Glendonwyn"
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Subrace
    Paleo-Atlantid
    Country
    Religion
    Nazerene/Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation Re: Nordish Heavy Metal Bands

Startide,

hmmh...?
    Let me clarify. Classical Music, hasn't changed much, since it's introduction. There have been evolutionary changes.

What I'm speaking of, is the fact that Rock, in the last 50 years, has changed immeasurably.

We now have several sub-catagories, to choose from.

Classic Rock, Rock, Hard Rock, Alternative Rock, Metal, Heavy Metal, Black Metal... the list goes on and on...

Punk has changed a couple of times, since it's incarnation. I believe that it was originally called Grunge, and then morphed into Punk, somehow. I'm not even sure, if there's any more bands, that play Grunge.

Say, for instance Nirvana. Whiney middle-aged guys, making money. However, their music was good, lyrically. Now that I'm older, I understand it. When they were around, I hated it.

In my opinion, most of these Punk bands, blow!

I'm 25, I don't need to hear about some 15 year-old guy's, girl problems. On the same token, I don't need to hear about a 15 year-old girl's, guy problems. I figured women out, at 16. For some reason, many people in this country, take forever to understand these things.

So go buy the CD, don't shove it down my throat, everytime I turn on the radio. Not everybody that listens to the radio, is a lost teenager. That's my gripe.

I'd like a little more variety. In fact, I'd like to be able to listen to the good songs, by various bands... you know, the ones that don't get played on the radio, for whatever reason.

Something that royally pissed me off, was finding out that someone had made a dance version of the song Zombie, by the Irish band, The Cranberries.

This is a song, about the strife in Ireland, between Catholics and Protestants. It's a song about death, violence, and loss... amongst any number of other negatives.

Why are there people dancing to this?

Why, because it has a good beat, and it's a good song to have sex by, in the dirty, disease-ridden, fecal and urine infested restrooms, at the club.

They don't even care about the lyrics, much less do they know what the song is about. This should enrage anybody, with some sense of intelligence.

These are people that deserve to be executed, immediately, for the well-being of society. Do you want these type of people running your government, and your lives, in the near future? I should hope not...

This is a disgrace to the civilized world. But nobody will do anything, about the preponderance of idiocy, that exists here.

My answer... pack my sh*t, and leave this place.
    Zwah; verb

1. To become insanely enraged.
    2. To become insanely enraged and destroy physical objects.
    3. The act of stompin' down the (insert perfidious people here).

[A word that was originally coined by Joseph Weber, in an attempt to describe his father's illogical and quite possibly insane, German temper.]

See also: Zwahed and Zwahing

Emoticon:

Last Online
    Monday, December 28th, 2009 @ 12:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    canadian
    Subrace
    Atlanto-Med + Dinarid
    Conservative
    Religion
    A Theist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, about classical music.....

First you got plainchant, in the middle ages. That was mostly vocal, unison all the way. Sometimes they added a voice a fifth above. Monk stuff.

Then Renaissance, most known for its 4,5,6,7,8,40 voices vocal works. Composers start having names, tierce and fourth aren't considered evil intervals anymore. Still mostly vocal, though, few instruments. Nothing like the previous one really.

Then Baroque, the stuff that kicks everything else's asses! That's the golden age of contrepoint, fugues, concerto grosso, Bach, Vivaldi, Buxtehude. Good times. Still nothing like the previous one.

Then Classical comes along. People get tired of long horizontal lines and start thinking harmonically. With chords. It makes music clearer, with lots of chords. Did I mention chords? Oh and they figure out Alberti bass too. That's mainly...broken chords. That's Haydn, Mozart and Beethoven. Definitely nothing like the previous one.

With Beethoven, things get a little more dramatic. Schubert follows that path, music gets more personal, emotional too. Welcome to the romantic era. You see whiny self absorbed virtuosos starting to loosen forms a bit, adding weirder modulations in pieces, and putting lots of filler and pedal everywhere. Think Chopin, Liszt, Mendelssohn, Schumann, Brahms, etc. That was really nothing like ever before.

And then, with the start of the 20th century, you get all sorts of weird russian composers coming from nowhere, adding eastern not-quite-european folk melodies and hack n slash rhythm. That's Stravinsky, Rimky-Korsakoff, Tchaikovsky, Shostakovich, Bartok. And they're modern. On the west side of Europe, you got French impressionism blooming, with Ravel and Debussy. atmospheric music with parallel harmony and new orchestra effects, with the brass mostly. And believe me, that's very far from even remotely sounding like anything before.

And...... well, after 1950, you got contemporaries, AKA the nutcases. Schoenberg, Webern, Berg, Scriabine. Serialism and atonalism. Complete destruction of the classical tradition, with hammers. And even weirder: Electro-accoustic. Xenakis, Stockhausen, the rest. At this point, you're wondering if it's still music ( a bit like brutal grind, but more intellectual )

Lately, it seems there's a resurgence of tonality and melody in classical music, with Part, Rutter, Vasks and the like, which is very encouraging.

So I think my point was...Classical music has changed a whole lot more than any other genre. And I really mean any. And that's why we like it and that's why it beats everything else. Screw Rock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast