Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: Med ?

  1. #1
    Account Inactive goidelicwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Last Online
    Tuesday, August 3rd, 2010 @ 02:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Galiza
    Ancestry
    Galicia
    Subrace
    Atlantomed
    Country
    Other Other
    Location
    Europe
    Gender
    Age
    53
    Occupation
    manager
    Politics
    extreme right
    Posts
    572
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Post Med ?

    these images of randomly selected Spaniards from north to south illustrates well the composition of the nation formely known as Celtiiberia.. any thoughts...

  2. #2
    Sideways to the Sun
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Milesian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Last Online
    Thursday, September 18th, 2008 @ 04:55 PM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Location
    Aileach
    Gender
    Occupation
    Rebel
    Politics
    Anti-Neophilia
    Religion
    Traditional Catholicism
    Posts
    2,745
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

    Post

    They all look Med or Med/UP to me.
    With the possible exception of the last man, I'm not sure if he's Med.

  3. #3
    Purifier
    Azdaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Last Online
    Wednesday, April 25th, 2012 @ 01:23 AM
    Ethnicity
    Slavic/Germanic
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Politics
    -
    Posts
    572
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Post

    From what I've read, northern Spain is somewhat racially different from the rest of the country. Although the primary element is still Mediterranean (in this case Western Mediterranean), there are also some Nordid and Alpinid strains.
    My guesses:
    Pic 1 = Nordid + West Med cross
    Pic 2 = West Med (more or less)
    Pic 3 = Alpine + Med
    Pic 4 = Berid (wild guess, as I don't know what a Berid looks like. This guy looks "medish", but not West Med)
    Pic 5 = West Med + Nordid or Borreby
    Pic 6 = Probably the most 'nordish' of them all.

  4. #4
    Senior Member cosmocreator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Last Online
    Thursday, January 18th, 2007 @ 06:36 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Gender
    Age
    54
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Posts
    3,864
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Post

    Quick evaluation:

    1: Atlanto-Med
    2: Alpinid/Med mix
    3: Atlanto-Med/Alpinid mix
    4: Almost looks Keltic Nordic
    5: looks Slavic.
    6: Battle Axe maybe.

  5. #5
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member


    Join Date
    May 2004
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Country
    Flanders Flanders
    Gender
    Posts
    5,484
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    17
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by goidelicwarrior
    these images of randomly selected Spaniards from north to south illustrates well the composition of the nation formely known as Celtiiberia.. any thoughts...
    These people could fit without much problem in France, North Italy as well the western fringe of Central Europe, an area encompassing the former Celtic distribution on the mainland and virtually a border region where the UP-Alpine-Nordic world meets and mixes with the Mediterranids.

    What we got here is a reasonable harmonic solution of both partitions; if we eliminate slight exotic features, which only give them their distinctive Soutwestern European look:

    1. Keltic Nordic
    2. Alpine
    3. Nordic, with diluted Alpine admixture
    4. Nordic, but coarse skin texture and grooved lines may hint a Dinaric or UP source
    5. Alpine-Faelian
    6. Faelian

  6. #6
    Account Inactive goidelicwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Last Online
    Tuesday, August 3rd, 2010 @ 02:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Galiza
    Ancestry
    Galicia
    Subrace
    Atlantomed
    Country
    Other Other
    Location
    Europe
    Gender
    Age
    53
    Occupation
    manager
    Politics
    extreme right
    Posts
    572
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Frans3108
    These people could fit without much problem in France, North Italy as well the western fringe of Central Europe, an area encompassing the former Celtic distribution on the mainland and virtually a border region where the UP-Alpine-Nordic world meets and mixes with the Mediterranids.

    What we got here is a reasonable harmonic solution of both partitions; if we eliminate slight exotic features, which only give them their distinctive Soutwestern European look:

    1. Keltic Nordic
    2. Alpine
    3. Nordic, with diluted Alpine admixture
    4. Nordic, but coarse skin texture and grooved lines may hint a Dinaric or UP source
    5. Alpine-Faelian
    6. Faelian
    this was my intention.. to show that the talk about a Med " race " is utter nonsens.. what I have been emphazizing is that during the millenia migrations have mingled the white subraces, specially on the Iberian peninsula ... the Celts in early days covered ( see map ) what is most of western Europe, so the above composition is resonable..

  7. #7
    Member Awar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Last Online
    Friday, October 21st, 2005 @ 11:04 PM
    Subrace
    Corded/Balkanoid UP
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Location
    Olympus
    Gender
    Age
    40
    Politics
    Nutzi
    Religion
    Agnostic!!!
    Posts
    4,947
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

    Post

    Mediterraneans are just a name for the large group of people who can be divided into at least 4 groups.
    Spanish meds are different from Greek meds, who are different from levantine meds etc.

  8. #8
    Account Inactive goidelicwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Last Online
    Tuesday, August 3rd, 2010 @ 02:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Galiza
    Ancestry
    Galicia
    Subrace
    Atlantomed
    Country
    Other Other
    Location
    Europe
    Gender
    Age
    53
    Occupation
    manager
    Politics
    extreme right
    Posts
    572
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Post Re: Med ?

    Quote Originally Posted by AWAR
    Mediterraneans are just a name for the large group of people who can be divided into at least 4 groups.
    Spanish meds are different from Greek meds, who are different from levantine meds etc.
    funny that they are not classyfied as meds when they are from a med country..
    Last edited by goidelicwarrior; Tuesday, February 3rd, 2004 at 01:25 PM.

  9. #9
    Member galvez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Last Online
    Thursday, April 22nd, 2004 @ 08:55 PM
    Subrace
    Mediterranid
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Gender
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Anarcho-Nationalist
    Posts
    214
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Post Re: Med ?

    Quote Originally Posted by goidelicwarrior
    these images of randomly selected Spaniards from north to south illustrates well the composition of the nation formely known as Celtiiberia.. any thoughts...
    I wonder how "randomly selected" these Spaniards are. A few of them look like Northern Europeans, and one in fact is blonde. Perhaps you selected the most "Nordish" Spaniards you could find to give a false impression of Spain. The swarthy elements of Spain are well-known and there is no reason to hide it. Velazquez, Spain's greatest artist, looked nothing like those individuals you posted. (I am green-eyed and largely UP, and have been classified as a "Paleo-Atlantid." However, I see nothing wrong with brown-eyed Spaniards, and feel no need to hide them, which is why I had Velazquez on my avatar when I first posted at Skadi).
    "The great African, the great ancient African! Here you have an expression, ancient African, which can be opposed to modern European, and which is at least of equal value. St. Augustine was African and he was of the ancient world; so was Tertullian. And why should we not say: 'We must Africanize ourselves ancientwise,' or 'We must ancientize ourselves Africanwise?'"

    -- Miguel de Unamuno

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Last Online
    Sunday, February 11th, 2007 @ 02:42 AM
    Location
    Galicia (Spain)
    Gender
    Politics
    Pro-white
    Posts
    207
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Post Re: Med ?

    Quote Originally Posted by galvez
    I wonder how "randomly selected" these Spaniards are. A few of them look like Northern Europeans, and one in fact is blonde. Perhaps you selected the most "Nordish" Spaniards you could find to give a false impression of Spain. The swarthy elements of Spain are well-known and there is no reason to hide it. Velazquez, Spain's greatest artist, looked nothing like those individuals you posted. (I am green-eyed and largely UP, and have been classified as a "Paleo-Atlantid." However, I see nothing wrong with brown-eyed Spaniards, and feel no need to hide them, which is why I had Velazquez on my avatar when I first posted at Skadi).
    Of course, Velázquez was from Andalucia (South of Spain) .The swarthy elements of Spain have non white origin.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Med visitor
    By Menydh in forum Introductions & Greetings
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Tuesday, April 29th, 2008, 08:44 PM
  2. Help me? (2) - Med subtypes
    By hardcorps in forum Mediterranid
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Friday, November 12th, 2004, 08:12 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •