Slavic/Germanic
    Country
    United States United States
    -
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Like Phlegethon and Milesian, I believe that exorcism -under the proper circumstances - can be of value.* It's something nearly every culture has practiced.* This does not mean that the beliefs of any or all of these cultures, so far as the causes of 'possession' go,* are 100% correct.* But when a practice is so widespread I believe it deserves to be looked at seriously and not 'pooh-poohed'.*Sure, many of cases of 'possession' can be attributed to epilepsy or some other kind of disorder.* But many -IMO - cannot be explained away so easily.

On a related note:
    I come from a Catholic family and, like all 'good Catholics', I was made to go through the 'rite of Confirmation'.* This is the point in time when a young manor woman affirms his or her belief in and allegiance to the CatholicChurch/faith.* I went through Confirmation at the age of 16, which is when most people do.
    As part of the process I was to interview the Priest at my church.* I'd know him for years and he'd never molested me or anything, so I knew he was a good guy.* lol.
    Anyway, I asked him where the Church stood on Angels and Demons.* He told me that basically Angels, Demons, and even the Devil were all seen as metaphors and were not believed in as literal beings.
    This shocked me a bit, and I asked "Well what about exorcisms?"* He told me that, oddly enough, each Diocese has one Exorcist 'on staff'.* Occasionally the Exorcist will even host closed seminars for the Priests of the Diocese to which he belongs.
    Needless to say, I came out of the interview slightly confused.* I suppose that the Catholic Church does in fact still believe in the reality of demonic possession, but takes an ‘offical’stance of denial to avoid harassment.

Last Online
    Wednesday, July 7th, 2021 @ 07:45 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European Ancestry
    Country
    Gemini
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I for one am glad this happened and I hope it happens more and more often. These people need to be exposed and hey, what's one less future nutcase?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ewergrin For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Tuesday, September 26th, 2006 @ 12:55 AM
    Subrace
    shape-shifter
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Politics
    pride and power
    Religion
    I built the pyramids
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Reading that interview with Father Amorth was interesting, because it seems in Italy exorcism is very "popular". It said they have around 300 exorcists!

I will admit, these people have seen strange things (children exerting insane physical strength for their size, etc.)...I don't know what to make of it myself. I'd like to read Father Amorths book.

Maybe I should visit an exorcist, I have these horrible, horrible stomach pains that werent explained by my doctor And I do seem to have this strange aversion to Jesus and all things Christian LOL!!! Azdaja you should go too, with all those creepy crawlies you must have demons! haha On another note, most black metal musicians seem to fit the criteria for demonic possession...I guess that might be the only way elderly people would explain that music
    I envision a world where people dawning long white robes and elaborate headdresses run rampant down the streets, waving their arms in the air while screaming "we've gone mad, we've gone mad", like defrocked monks breaking the silence of ages past.

Spoonblade: Sharper than a knife and twice as deadly.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ominous Lord Spoonblade For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Thursday, January 18th, 2007 @ 06:36 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    It is great to hear of people who take time to perpetuate the traditions of their cultural heritage!

I wonder if I should take up the tradition of my Gaul ancestors and sack Rome? :axe

Purifier

Last Online
    Saturday, July 10th, 2021 @ 03:43 AM
    Ethnicity
    Slavic/Germanic
    Country
    -
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa
    Azdaja you should go too, with all those creepy crawlies you must have demons! haha
    Maybe you are onto something. My Lutheran stepfather thinks I am possessed by demons (I'm not joking). Maybe he is right? lol

On another note, most black metal musicians seem to fit the criteria for demonic possession...I guess that might be the only way elderly people would explain that music

Don't you know anything?! Black Metal musicians, 'Dungeons and Dragons' enthusiasts, horror movie fans, and the followers of all the worlds' non-Christian religions are part of a giant plot to turn the world over to Satan.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Azdaja For This Useful Post:

Reading that interview with Father Amorth was interesting, because it seems in Italy exorcism is very "popular". It said they have around 300 exorcists!

I will admit, these people have seen strange things (children exerting insane physical strength for their size, etc.)...I don't know what to make of it myself. I'd like to read Father Amorths book.

Maybe I should visit an exorcist, I have these horrible, horrible stomach pains that werent explained by my doctor And I do seem to have this strange aversion to Jesus and all things Christian LOL!!! Azdaja you should go too, with all those creepy crawlies you must have demons! haha On another note, most black metal musicians seem to fit the criteria for demonic possession...I guess that might be the only way elderly people would explain that music
    I have seen a few exorcisms being performed myself. And actually, I have aided in the exorcisms. In those days, I fasted for days and weeks on end, and was very much "in to" these things. I have seen some pretty scary stuff. Weird things coming out of people's mouths, them speaking in strange voices, or acquaintances having complete, irrational character changes before being exorcised, and during exorcism, saying some strange things....

But don't get too scared.... I think at the end of the day, it is all in the mind.... human beings are very impressionable creatures, with often wild imaginations. Superstition is still with us.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Subrace
    shape-shifter
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Politics
    pride and power
    Religion
    I built the pyramids
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Maybe you are onto something. My Lutheran stepfather thinks I am possessed by demons (I'm not joking). Maybe he is right? lol

He probably is, I think you should just run with it though for shits'n'giggles! Or do as recommended in the Omen: "Drink Jesus' blood and eat his flesh everday. Everyday drink his blood and eat his flesh" I'd stick with the demons

Don't you know anything?! Black Metal musicians, 'Dungeons and Dragons' enthusiasts, horror movie fans, and the followers of all the worlds' non-Christian religions are part of a giant plot to turn the world over to Satan.

haahaha! I'm almost all of those things! Hooray for role-playing games!
    I envision a world where people dawning long white robes and elaborate headdresses run rampant down the streets, waving their arms in the air while screaming "we've gone mad, we've gone mad", like defrocked monks breaking the silence of ages past.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ominous Lord Spoonblade For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Subrace
    shape-shifter
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Politics
    pride and power
    Religion
    I built the pyramids
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Loki

But don't get too scared.... I think at the end of the day, it is all in the mind.... human beings are very impressionable creatures, with often wild imaginations. Superstition is still with us.
    I already am scared! My imagination is crazy enough....and I just finally convinced myself (after many, many years) that those demons in my closet weren't real :angry LOL

---> :climb =possessed by Demons?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ominous Lord Spoonblade For This Useful Post:

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

Purifier

Last Online
    Saturday, July 10th, 2021 @ 03:43 AM
    Ethnicity
    Slavic/Germanic
    Country
    -
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in