Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,392 Posts

Obsession With Sex & Relationship Issues

At the time of writing there are no fewer than 9 ongoing threads about sex and relationships - the vast majority of them started (or bumped) - by female members. In fact, I've just launched this tenth one in order to highlight the issue so I'll add it to the list below ...

* Math Says This Is the Perfect Age to Get Married
    * Why Men Marry
    * Why Women Should Marry Young and Why They Should Marry Mature Men
    * Iceland's Casual Sex Culture Is The Most Liberal In The World, But Comes At A Cost
    * Women, Would You Date (or Marry) a Man Who Has Had Many Sexual Partners?
    * Incels/Inceldom
    * "Once a Cheater, Always a Cheater"
    * Open Relationships/Marriages
    * Is It Possible To Love More Than One Person At The Same Time?
    * Obsession With Sex & Relationship Issues

I've actually contributed to some of them myself so I'm not saying they're boring by any means, but women do tend to over-focus on all the emotional stuff and I reckon there's some kind of undeclared 'sisterhood' on here that many of them are not even aware of themselves

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SaxonPagan For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    21 Minutes Ago @ 12:15 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Emmingen, Baden-Württemburg
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Baden-Wuerttemberg Baden-Wuerttemberg
    Taurus
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Retail Sales Management
    Politics
    Nationalsozialist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    Maybe we need a forum entitled 'Cosmopolitan'...
    American by birth, made of parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg.

Der Familie Rentz seit 1535 - Meine Ehre heißt Treue

Das Leben ist zu kurz, um billiges Bier zu trinken!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Herr Rentz For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    20 Hours Ago @ 03:43 AM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Völkisch traditionalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,098 Posts
    These are the issues of our time, discussed well beyond Skadi. Skadi is a reflection of cultural matters at large outside of Skadi. Especially on YouTube gender issues have been discussed ad nauseam of late. It's a reaction to SJW/feminist shenanigans of the last few years, usually indirect because we hardly bring up SJWs/feminists. They're legitimate subjects though, sex and relationships are important, we're gonna be discussing these things for some time to come. Let's not pretend us men don't have strong opinions on these matters either. And these threads generate plenty of activity, they're very accessible. I find that stuff engrossing too. The incel thread was pretty dead, but then I mischievously dropped another grenade in it on purpose, hehe. It set off a chain reaction. Not entirely surprised women are provoked by these matters - one, these things naturally interest them, two, they are also about them, three, they're often critical of women hence they feel a need to respond, four, women are quite collectivist when it comes to their gender, more so than us men: women tend to identify much more with their gender than we do.

Today was merely an exteme day in regard to discussing the aforementioned matters, some of these threads are (very) old too. So it's not like they weren't around before. If members want to dive into these threads again and add to them they should go for it.
    “Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no-one is too poor to buy.” - C. S. Lewis, The Last Battle

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chlodovech For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts
    Well whatdya know, another thread about relationships.

Chicks like to discuss these topics, we like to talk about relationships & stuff. One, it's a womanly thing, two, it's a realistic, everday thing that affects us all, three, it's relevant to preservation. Much more so than other abstract, metaphysical stuff. Reminds me of the complaints about too many race/immigration threads that surface here now & then. It's a timeless topic, so it's always gonna be discussed. Same with relationships. Tho I'm pretty sure that if we do the math, there's just as many dudes who talk about these things. Plenty of threads in the past started by dudes about relationships, not to mention their favorite topic - women.

Anyways there's nobody stopping those who don't like those threads from talking about other, more manly stuff. In fact, ya should.

P.S. Nothing wrong with sisterhoods, it's just natural to be among your own gender and stick with the girls. Men have brotherhoods too and tend to support each other in such discussions. Do ya see women complaining about it?

P.S. 2. Women are emotional creatures, it's how we're built. There's nothing wrong with emotionality in our gender. It's what makes us good mothers, wives, caretakers, nurses etc. Expecting us to be manly is as realistic as expecting a manly man to be a snowflake. Let women be women, and men can be men.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gefjon For This Useful Post:

Mein Glaube ist die Liebe zu meinem Volk. Juthunge's Avatar
    Last Online
    34 Minutes Ago @ 12:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordid-CM
    Religion of the Blood
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts
    Yes, I wondered myself at what point we became a strange mix of some women's magazine and a refuge for all sort of degenerates like polygamists, adulterers, people in open relationships, arch-feminists - and, on the other hand, MGTOWs/"Incels" - lesbians and who knows what else.
    Worst is when our pagan ancestors are dragged into this and people make up things without naming any evidence. As though we literally didn't have any morals before Christianity.

What any of this has to do with Germanic culture, history or genetics, which should always be this forum's extreme primary focus, is beyond me.
    And the day they sold us out, Our hearts grew cold
    'Cause we were never asked, No brother, we were told!
    What do they know of Europe, Who only Europe know?

Ancient DNA: List of All Studies analyzing DNA of Ancient Tribes and Ethnicities(post-2010)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Juthunge For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Norman & German
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    I recall how not too long ago, a couple of members complained about women taking part in historical and political discussions. Now that they talk about relationships, it's also not good...

The "Men, Women, & Relationships" section has always been among the most active sections, even when there weren't as many active female members as today. One reason is because relationships are topics most of us can identify with in some way and can offer some personal perspective. The other reason is that some of these threads (such as the incels one) involve a degree of controversy, what leads to discussion and debate. However I don't believe it's the most numerous topic on this forum. Threads about multiculturalism and immigrants outnumber the ones about relationships by far, eventhough this topic has already been talked to death. In fact it has become so frequent and repetitive that most people will have already said their opinion at least once or twice. What usually happens is that somebody posts a news thread like "Immigrants do X..." or "Multiculturalism in Y country" and there are one or two replies along the lines of calling it a disgrace or bemoaning "white genocide" etc. Most people will agree with that and use the thanks button or reputation to express it. There is not much left to discuss/debate. Anyway gender issues are quite in fashion at the moment, especially with the LGBT scene growing.

Perhaps we could use the opportunity to link to (or propose) some alternative topics, maybe they might interest more?

https://forums.skadi.net/threads/155...n-vs-Evolution
    https://forums.skadi.net/threads/155...s-a-Conformist

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Norman Pride For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Anthony Ludovici on women's "untiring interest in the processes of life and its multiplication (which in its minor ramifications lead to that intense concern about all human affairs, which, in opprobrious language, is called ‘a love of scandalmongering’)":

All decent, humane and humanity-loving people revel in scandal, and I have never met a woman who was worth knowing who was not an inveterate scandalmonger. ‘The proper study of mankind is Man’, said Pope, and he was entirely right. But what is scandalmongering, and the exhaustive discussion of one’s acquaintances, relatives and friends, but an essential description of that ‘proper study’? Husbands who do not sympathize with their wives’ love of scandal, and who refuse to join with them in expatiating on tittle-tattle, are usually inhuman and narrow men, such men as make good engineers, good mathematicians, good chemists and good sailors or explorers. These men will expect their wives to listen breathlessly when they discuss sport or some other futile subject as remote as possible from humanity, and yet will show impatience if their wives discuss the marital relations of their next-door neighbour.

(...) This virtue makes women very observant of little odd characteristics in their fellow-creatures. And if women are, as a rule, such good mimics and imitators, it is due partly to the earnestness with which they observe other men and women (...). Women will frequently draw wrong conclusions from the traits they have observed—this I do not deny—but the interesting point is that they usually observe the traits. []
    Source

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    414 Posts
    I opened the "Incels" thread because I thought it was an interesting "current affair" topic. It's en vogue in the alt right scene and most other fora similar to Skadi, while hardly anything gets discussed on Skadi. It's also relevant to Germanic culture, despite not having the words "Germanic" and "culture" in it, in the sense that it leads to discussing gender roles in Germanic societies, past, present and future.

To those who dislike a certain topic, post something else.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nachtengel For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 07:32 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Dutch, Low German & French
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Married parent
    Politics
    Free & Libertarian
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norman Pride View Post
    I recall how not too long ago, a couple of members complained about women taking part in historical and political discussions. Now that they talk about relationships, it's also not good...
    I agree, I remember this as well. I get the feeling that the problem some men here have is with the presence of women, it has less to do with what topic they are discussing.

Last Online
    Sunday, November 18th, 2018 @ 11:27 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    8/16 English, 1/16 Scott. English, 3/16 Irish English, 4/16 Irish
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Nationalist / Eclectic
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    241 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr Rentz View Post
    Maybe we need a forum entitled 'Cosmopolitan'...
    That word means the opposite of identitarian. It's more accurate than saying 'liberal'. I use it now and then but it hasn't caught on yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast