pride and power
    Religion
    I built the pyramids
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Thumbs Up Khold

Pretty good metal I just love this guy's voice. If you look at the creepy pictures you see the voice totally fits it hahaha I love this guy! They have a pretty heavy sound too, but still have influences of older BM. I recommend downloading "Death Crop" (it's not the full song though sadly)

http://www.khold.com/html/albums.htm
    I envision a world where people dawning long white robes and elaborate headdresses run rampant down the streets, waving their arms in the air while screaming "we've gone mad, we've gone mad", like defrocked monks breaking the silence of ages past.

Spoonblade: Sharper than a knife and twice as deadly.

Last Online
    Thursday, February 28th, 2019 @ 02:57 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European Ancestry
    Country
    United States United States
    Gemini
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa
    Pretty good metal I just love this guy's voice. If you look at the creepy pictures you see the voice totally fits it hahaha I love this guy! They have a pretty heavy sound too, but still have influences of older BM. I recommend downloading "Death Crop" (it's not the full song though sadly)

http://www.khold.com/html/albums.htm

The song was ok. The riff reminds me a lot of latter-day Satyricon and so does his image. The voice is ok. Hands down, the best black metal vocalist, in my opinion, is Kanwulf from Nargaroth. NO ONE has a tortured, sadistic, shredded with glass style voice as the likes of Kanwulf.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Gemini
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsmaschine
    The song was ok. The riff reminds me a lot of latter-day Satyricon and so does his image. The voice is ok. Hands down, the best black metal vocalist, in my opinion, is Kanwulf from Nargaroth. NO ONE has a tortured, sadistic, shredded with glass style voice as the likes of Kanwulf.

I just realized that Khold is on Moonfog, so of course the Satyricon influences are present.

Senior Member Ominous Lord Spoonblade's Avatar
    Last Online
    Tuesday, September 26th, 2006 @ 12:55 AM
    Subrace
    shape-shifter
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Politics
    pride and power
    Religion
    I built the pyramids
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I just realized that Khold is on Moonfog, so of course the Satyricon influences are present.
    Yeah, I thought it was the dude from Satyricon at first with the shaved-head instead of long hair look and all...and part of playing black metal is having a few side projects anyway hahaha.

I like how he completely painted over the bottom half of his face...a little change from the usual Alice Cooper type paint.
    I envision a world where people dawning long white robes and elaborate headdresses run rampant down the streets, waving their arms in the air while screaming "we've gone mad, we've gone mad", like defrocked monks breaking the silence of ages past.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Gemini
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Yeah, I thought it was the dude from Satyricon at first with the shaved-head instead of long hair look and all...and part of playing black metal is having a few side projects anyway hahaha.

I like how he completely painted over the bottom half of his face...a little change from the usual Alice Cooper type paint.

Corpsepaint was perfected on Satyricons Nemesis Divina album. Musically the album is supurb. After that, they turned to scheisse, and Satyr is a complete fag now, hanging out with Philip Anselmo and making "death rock" albums under the Satyricon name. Ahh, the days of Dark Medieval Times are long gone...

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Gemini
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

What a suprise! Khold toured with Satyricon... :duh

Last Online
    Subrace
    shape-shifter
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Politics
    pride and power
    Religion
    I built the pyramids
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I think it's almost a fact that pretty much every band in history ends up going waaaay downhill at sometime. What causes this strange phenomenon -No one knows.

I wonder how the metal groupies could tell Gard and Satyr apart...could make for some funny scenarios :cheer

Satyr: Hey?! Where's all the tail?
    Gard: mwahahahaha *hides in shadows*
    Satyr: Gard, I know it's you, I can see the top of your head!
    Groupies: You're not Satyr?
    Gard: Ho-humm

As for Nargaroth, I havent heard him before, just downloaded some sound clips because I trust your judgement to take the time to do so , and you were right on about his voice... I read some bio of him too, he is pretty hardcore that one ("Fuck off to nowadays Black Metal")

Was that some Nargaroth influence I heard in Bloodshed Divine?

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Gemini
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

As for Nargaroth, I havent heard him before, just downloaded some sound clips because I trust your judgement to take the time to do so , and you were right on about his voice... I read some bio of him too, he is pretty hardcore that one ("Fuck off to nowadays Black Metal")

Was that some Nargaroth influence I heard in Bloodshed Divine?

Excellent. Kanwulfs voice strikes fear into all who hear it. What songs did you download, might I ask?
    If you havent downloaded I Burn For You then I strongly suggest you do so. Complete vocal annihilation. He is very hardcore and German to the core. Nargaroth is NS, btw.

As far as Nargaroth influences in BD, to be honest, we both draw influences from the same artists so a similarity between our music is going to be obvious. I do try to ruin my vocal chords as much as possible, just like he does. Does it work?

Last Online
    Subrace
    shape-shifter
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Politics
    pride and power
    Religion
    I built the pyramids
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I do try to ruin my vocal chords as much as possible, just like he does. Does it work?
    You tell me!

I downloaded "Black Metal ist Krieg" and "Shall I begin" (I think that's what it was called). They were just clips, I think I'll buy an album...but my list is getting so long I have to write down all the discs I mean to buy or all my money is gone before I remember

and btw, what Nokturnal Mortum albums would you recommend mostly? I'm ordering Nechrist for sure because I heard "Peruns Celestial Silver" and I haven't been the same person since! :crucified

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Gemini
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

You tell me!

I downloaded "Black Metal ist Krieg" and "Shall I begin" (I think that's what it was called). They were just clips, I think I'll buy an album...but my list is getting so long I have to write down all the discs I mean to buy or all my money is gone before I remember

and btw, what Nokturnal Mortum albums would you recommend mostly? I'm ordering Nechrist for sure because I heard "Peruns Celestial Silver" and I haven't been the same person since! :crucified

To the GAtes of Blasphemous Fire is my favorite. Though I would suggest buying Aryan Terrorisms "War" rather than any NM, because it is the NM vocalists side project and its very minimalistic and without all the keyboards that run rampant in N.M.

There is also a very funny slam against a lot of so called "black metal" bands out there today. That song is called...

Ahh crud, I cant remember the name of it. Its track 4 on the album, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast