Thread: Guess who is going to see...

Last Online
    Monday, April 4th, 2016 @ 11:13 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Post Guess who is going to see...

Guess who is going to see Deicide, Destruction, Nile, Amon Amarth, Dew-Scented, Graveworm and Misery Index on December 9th?

And also guess who is going to see Exodus, Nuclear Assault, Agent Steel, Behemoth, Mortician, Grave, Carnal Forge, Callenish Circle and Occult on October 13th?

You're right. Moi. Aint I cool?
    And all my youth passed by sad-hearted,
    the joy of Spring was never mine;
    Autumn blows through me dread of parting,
    and my heart dreams and longs to die.

- Nikolaus Lenau (1802-1850)

Real misanthropes are not found in solitude, but in the world; since it is experience of life, and not philosophy, which produces real hatred of mankind.

- Giacomo Leopardi (1798-1837)

Last Online
    Thursday, February 28th, 2019 @ 02:57 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European Ancestry
    Country
    United States United States
    Gemini
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon
    Guess who is going to see Deicide, Destruction, Nile, Amon Amarth, Dew-Scented, Graveworm and Misery Index on December 9th?

And also guess who is going to see Exodus, Nuclear Assault, Agent Steel, Behemoth, Mortician, Grave, Carnal Forge, Callenish Circle and Occult on October 13th?

You're right. Moi. Aint I cool?

Not one of those bands is any good.
    But I bet the "metal slut" factor will be high at those shows.

Senior Member Ominous Lord Spoonblade's Avatar
    Last Online
    Tuesday, September 26th, 2006 @ 12:55 AM
    Subrace
    shape-shifter
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Politics
    pride and power
    Religion
    I built the pyramids
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I'd go see it But it depends how much tickets would be. Probably more than I would spend on those bands!

And yes, the "metal slut factor" would probably be sky-rocketing. Speaking of which, I went to a show the other night and so many of those metal girls are bordering on Goth. Please, leave the fishnets and fetish wear to the punks and COF fans for once And yes, your boyfriend's band does suck. mwaahaahaaaa Yeah I hate scenes sometimes...especially since most people that have been around in them think they are oh-so cool and soooo "more metal than thou" because they watch bands play every weekend pffft I like to rant...
    I envision a world where people dawning long white robes and elaborate headdresses run rampant down the streets, waving their arms in the air while screaming "we've gone mad, we've gone mad", like defrocked monks breaking the silence of ages past.

Spoonblade: Sharper than a knife and twice as deadly.

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsmaschine
    Not one of those bands is any good.
    You don't know what you're talking about. Some of these bands are absolute cult - like Agent Steel (probably the most underrrated speed metal band) and Exodus. Destruction is cult because I have known the band since their first demo tape. Nile is musically exceptional with their arabesque metal. And Dew-Scented musically remind me of Slayer. When the other bands play I can queue to get a few beers. Perfect scenario.

And my city actually has quite a decent metal scene. Some bands even made it to international fame: Kreator, Sodom, Grave Digger. Of course nobody younger than 30 can be "true metal" because since the early 90s metal is part of the commercial mainstream.

Real misanthropes are not found in solitude, but in the world; since it is experience of life, and not philosophy, which produces real hatred of mankind.

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa
    I'd go see it But it depends how much tickets would be. Probably more than I would spend on those bands!
    I pay the ticket, you pay the beer. Deal?

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Metal here is still an almost all-male domain, but you should have seen the girlies who were trying to get a backstage pass at the Yngwie Malmsteen concert. Boy, that dude has gotten real fat and ugly over the years. Someone should tell him that wearing tight leather pants is exactly the wrong thing to do in such a situation.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Gemini
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon
    You don't know what you're talking about. Some of these bands are absolute cult - like Agent Steel (probably the most underrrated speed metal band) and Exodus. Destruction is cult because I have known the band since their first demo tape. Nile is musically exceptional with their arabesque metal. And Dew-Scented musically remind me of Slayer. When the other bands play I can queue to get a few beers. Perfect scenario.

And my city actually has quite a decent metal scene. Some bands even made it to international fame: Kreator, Sodom, Grave Digger. Of course nobody younger than 30 can be "true metal" because since the early 90s metal is part of the commercial mainstream.

I most certainly know what I'm talking about. I am only 26 years old but I definitely know true metal. I had Venoms Welcome to Hell and Infernal Majestys None Shall Defy on vinyl when I was 11 years old (thanks to my best friend having an older brother who was much older than us: Thanks Ed for introducing me to the WAY). I know all of the 80s thrash/speed metal and the 70s/80s NWOBHM. I was thrashing to SABBAT(UK), Kreator, Destruction, Devastation, Venom, Sodom, Exodus, Overkill, Metal Church and you name it when I was in the jr. high. Having said that, I am bored of those bands today and dont really wish to hear them any longer (except for the mighty Sabbat (UK), greatest thrash of all time). I see they are still propping Angelripper up on stage for tours. As far as newer metal goes, Im sick of most of it. I deplore "brutal death metal" for the most part and the commercialization of black metal in the form of bands like Old Mans Child, Graveworm, Dimmu Borgir, Marduk, Cradle of Filth, mid era Behemoth, etc, makes me sick. They have taken out the true elements of black metal and replaced them with overproduced death metal (which is certainly the reason those bands have become so popular). You dont see Transylvanian Hunger being worshipped by the average Dimmu Borgir fan, do you? Fact is, the average D.B. fan has never even heard of Darkthrone and certainly wouldnt like them if they did hear them. Getting back to death metal, bands like Nile were really innovative in the late 90s. In fact, my favorite 2 Nile releases are the two Eps they released, Festivals of Atonement and Ramses: Bringer of War and they came out well before their first full length album. After that they became stale and uninventive. I will agree that seeing them live is much better than listening to a cd and I am prone to violent thrashing whith the strike of the first chord.

Also, 80 speed metal RETRO bands, Here is a message to all of you:
    STFU. No one really wants to hear Reign in Blood covered for the 50 millionth time, and no one certainly wants to hear you ripping off Kreator riffs and claiming they are your own. The ONLY reason I see that people are putting up with bands like The Haunted and Dew Scented, is because they are pissed off that the 80's are GONE and are mad because Slayer completely FAILS now.

The preceeding editorial contained only SOME of the views by its author and are not necessarily those of Skadi.net or its affiliates. Please Drink Responsibly.

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I most certainly know what I'm talking about. I am only 26 years old but I definitely know true metal.
    Unfortunately by now I use this "true metal" label exclusively for jokes. Basically because that label is used to sell new bands that just can't play.

I had Venoms Welcome to Hell and Infernal Majestys None Shall Defy on vinyl when I was 11 years old
    I happen to have these two albums on vinyl as well. And I still have a leather jacket somewhere in the cellar with a big "Venom's Legions Deutschland" back patch on it.
    Back in those days you could scare people with that. Same effect as a Hell's Angels MC patch, actually.

(except for the mighty Sabbat (UK), greatest thrash of all time).
    "History Of A Time To Come" was lame. Period.

Sodom were a fun project, and I knew the band members and had many a beer with them. "Obsessed By Cruelty" was so ridiculously funny, and many an native English speaker is still trying to figure out what "Burst Command Till War" actually meant.

Kreator I already knew when they still used the name Tormentor. Of course all band members were spaghettis from the worst part of town and all from communist-leaning families. Nevertheless I liked their first album, especially because of the totally senseless English lyrics.

Agent Steel are one of my favorite bands, basically because I had seen them in the 80s with John Cyriis as singer. The new singer is a weak replacement, but the guitar section is still classic. "Skeptics Apocalypse" was as important for speed metal as Anthrax' "Fistful Of Metal" in my opinion.
    Last edited by Phlegethon; Tuesday, August 26th, 2003 at 01:01 AM.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Gemini
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Phlegethon.. I am truly sorry. I accidently clicked "edit" instead of 'reply'

I apolagize for this greatly. I am having a very bad day when it comes to operating my computer.

This is the second time I have done this today ( though I did not fully erase the first post)

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Phlegethon.. I am truly sorry. I accidently clicked "edit" instead of 'reply'
    Accidentally? Accidentally??? You want blitzkrieg, buddy? You want total annihilation? Total eradication?

Thank God for a browser cache.

P.S.: Next time I'll have to kill you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast