Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Rushton on the Reproductive Strategies of Whites and Asians

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Last Online
    Friday, September 30th, 2005 @ 12:10 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Gender
    Politics
    undecided
    Posts
    90
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Arrow Rushton on the Reproductive Strategies of Whites and Asians

    Quote Originally Posted by Aloysha
    Philippe Rushton put forward the idea that whites and Asians have a certain 'reproductive strategy' he called 'k' - quality. Basically long term relationships, a handful of kids, lots of time and investment, etc. Love is an instinct Hate is its other side. While everyone does have the promiscuous thing going, for whites and Asians the quality tendency is pretty much built in because of natural selection in freezing cold weather in north Eurasia where you need to invest time, plan long into the future, etc., in order to survive and pass on your genes. Promiscuity might make blacks happy but I'm not sure it brings happiness (eudaimonia = a live well lived) for whites or Asians. By meaning I meant a sense of value, importance, and happiness (different happiness for different races, I think) is a sense of acquiring/becoming/achieving that value.
    Heh, your basing your argument on the assumption that evolution is an absolute objective phenomena. I'm afraid that's flat out feckless when considering the "grand question" of nihilism. Surely by now your aware that thought, instinct and existence is completely subjective, or (to be a little more meticulous) unjustifiable as an ultimate objective reality.
    There is of course the assumption of the "will", which nietzsche seemed to find solace in. However it is (imo) no easier to validate than any other conjectured actuality; what do we have to prove it?
    Nothing more than dubious, and precarious questionable questions. Thus there is "the abyss"; nihilism. Such contingents can deconstruct everything and nothing and all inbetweens. Pretending to give an intelligent response to such insanity is futile. All i will say (which is of course purely subjective) is this: nihilism can be used to ones benefit or atrophy. Nietzsches ultimate failure was he writhed in it until it consumed him; perhaps this failure exemplifies the irrelevance of his philosophy and nihilism in general. Afterall if there is no point in existence, there's no reason to place faith in nihilism either.
    Last edited by Nihilist; Tuesday, December 2nd, 2003 at 06:26 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Last Online
    Friday, March 25th, 2016 @ 08:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celt Australian
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordic
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Victoria Victoria
    Location
    Terra Australis
    Gender
    Age
    33
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Guerilla Philosopher
    Politics
    Aristotelian Nationalist
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Posts
    1,810
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist
    Heh, your basing your argument on the assumption that evolution is an absolute objective phenomena. I'm afraid that's flat out feckless when considering the "grand question" of nihilism. Surely by now your aware that thought, instinct and existence is completely subjective, or (to be a little more meticulous) unjustifiable as an ultimate objective reality.
    Not an 'ultimate objective reality' - just a set of internal motivations. And they do the job as best as anything else could About the idea that existence is 'unjustifiable as an objective reality' (I think that's what you tried to say, amongst other things), OnionPeeler (I think) posted a topic about Santayana's epistemology and animal faith - it's the best thing I've come across so far, even if it does ultimately rely on faith, it seems good enough for the purposes. Nihilism, you might agree, is a problem that arises out of thought being detatched from motivations. So what if you suspend thought's total independence and put it to the task of building up a framework for motivations?

    There is of course the assumption of the "will", which nietzsche seemed to find solace in. However it is (imo) no easier to validate than any other conjectured actuality; what do we have to prove it?
    Nothing more than dubious, and precarious questionable questions. Thus there is "the abyss"; nihilism. Such contingents can deconstruct everything and nothing and all inbetweens. Pretending to give an intelligent response to such insanity is futile. All i will say (which is of course purely subjective) is this: nihilism can be used to ones benefit or atrophy.
    I agree that nihilism can be used to one's benefit or breakdown. I think we (yes, you and I) use it for our benefit.

    Nietzsches ultimate failure was he writhed in it until it consumed him; perhaps this failure exemplifies the irrelevance of his philosophy and nihilism in general. Afterall if there is no point in existence, there's no reason to place faith in nihilism either.
    Because nihilism is true? Sure, but faith can make anything seem subjectively good. The question is how to build up a culture that forms a (somewhat disorganised - I don't particularly like organised religion a la Christianity/Catholicism) faith that touches the instincts of people of European descent. Something that brings out maximum response, so to speak, overrides thoughts and nihilism itself - in a word, religiousness. Harsh but it's a way out of nihilism.
    Last edited by Jack; Tuesday, December 2nd, 2003 at 02:28 PM.
    All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream at night, in the dusky recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams, with open eyes, to make it possible.

  3. #3
    None
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Last Online
    Monday, April 3rd, 2006 @ 10:17 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Gender
    Posts
    1,346
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Aloysha
    Philippe Rushton...
    Yay! I love Rushton. Have you seen his video presenting his IQ study from South Africa? It rawks. I'll see if it's still available online and if so, I'll post the URL here.

    I once made a brochure using an excerpt Rushton's Race, Evolution, and Behavior and some images of Arno Breker's sculptures. I then passed them out around my town. That was fun!

    Rushton on Marriage:
    So next time you're feeling that tug of attraction to someone you know is drastically different than you, take a second look. Professor J. Phillippe Rushton of The University of Western Ontario in his study on differences and marital happiness put it this way, "One of the most important principles to follow in choosing a mate revolves around a highly established reality: Stable and satisfying marriages usually involve two people who are very much alike."

  4. #4
    Senior Member Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Last Online
    Friday, March 25th, 2016 @ 08:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celt Australian
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordic
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Victoria Victoria
    Location
    Terra Australis
    Gender
    Age
    33
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Guerilla Philosopher
    Politics
    Aristotelian Nationalist
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Posts
    1,810
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Post

    I haven't seen Rushton's video, unfortunately. If you could find a URL for it, I'll check it out as soon as I can. Rushton's got some great ideas, Genetic Similarity Theory, though I've only read little of it, is pretty interesting and I've seen a documentary backing it up - or at least selfish gene theory, which is much the same anyway.

    Dacoit, I can't answer your question because I haven't read much by Max Stirner. Nihilist might be able to help you out though.
    All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream at night, in the dusky recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams, with open eyes, to make it possible.

  5. #5
    None
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Last Online
    Monday, April 3rd, 2006 @ 10:17 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Gender
    Posts
    1,346
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Aloysha
    I haven't seen Rushton's video, unfortunately. If you could find a URL for it, I'll check it out as soon as I can. Rushton's got some great ideas, Genetic Similarity Theory, though I've only read little of it, is pretty interesting and I've seen a documentary backing it up - or at least selfish gene theory, which is much the same anyway.
    I've been looking for it and I can't find it. It used to be on a website called the European-American Student Union, but I cannot locate that site anymore. I also looked over AmRen and it's not there. Njörd says that he can't find it either, but he seems to enjoy torturing me so who knows. ;)

    If I ever do some across it again. I'll be sure to let you know. It was really awesome watching Rushton explain his methods, data, and conclusions. I wish I had saved it. That man does not get as much credit as he deserves.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Ominous Lord Spoonblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Last Online
    Tuesday, September 26th, 2006 @ 01:55 AM
    Subrace
    shape-shifter
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Location
    Castle Fort Frightengaard
    Gender
    Age
    35
    Politics
    pride and power
    Religion
    I built the pyramids
    Posts
    1,296
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    8
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Aloysha
    Philippe Rushton put forward the idea that whites and Asians have a certain 'reproductive strategy' he called 'k' - quality. Basically long term relationships, a handful of kids, lots of time and investment, etc. Love is an instinct Hate is its other side.
    People can still have long-term relationships and invest lots of time into raising children while having promiscuous sexual relations. But I suppose that would put things in jeopardy (divorce, etc.) Doesn't mean people won't do it though. Our instincts to raise children and to have a meaningful relationship won't cancel out the rest. It's like happiness with extra happiness on the side! LOL (I should make it clear that I'm not condoning that behaviour, btw)

    How can one define positive instincts vs. negative instincts? (I don't know!)
    I envision a world where people dawning long white robes and elaborate headdresses run rampant down the streets, waving their arms in the air while screaming "we've gone mad, we've gone mad", like defrocked monks breaking the silence of ages past.

    Spoonblade: Sharper than a knife and twice as deadly.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Last Online
    Friday, March 25th, 2016 @ 08:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celt Australian
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordic
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Victoria Victoria
    Location
    Terra Australis
    Gender
    Age
    33
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Guerilla Philosopher
    Politics
    Aristotelian Nationalist
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Posts
    1,810
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa
    People can still have long-term relationships and invest lots of time into raising children while having promiscuous sexual relations. But I suppose that would put things in jeopardy (divorce, etc.) Doesn't mean people won't do it though. Our instincts to raise children and to have a meaningful relationship won't cancel out the rest. It's like happiness with extra happiness on the side! LOL (I should make it clear that I'm not condoning that behaviour, btw)
    It does indeed happen, lol. I think social pressure/territorialism on the part of other males (used to) largely keeps it in line.

    How can one define positive instincts vs. negative instincts? (I don't know!)
    And the key question is, positive or negetive in relation to what? I think there's two basic instincts - aggression and sex. If you can think of more, go ahead and post. Violence comitted by an individual (this is a rather rough hypothesis) is generally (with the exception of psychopaths etc.) aimed against someone of significant genetic distance when they violate the territory and resources of that individual, or have the effect of decreasing the evolutionary advantages of that individual. The more severe a violation, the less tolerance range (by this I mean, someone who seriously violates your resources and territory (territory does indeed include women) can be closer to you genetically and still bring out the response of violence). Sex covers altruism, strangely enough. You're more likely to give resources to your own kind (more to those closer to you, less to those further away) than foreigners, this is because they likely share more genes with you. Guys chase after good looking girls because that way their kids (sure, guys might not think this far in advance, but its pre-programmed, hence the sudden interest when a guy sees a great looking girl walk past) will be attractive and have a better chance of passing on their genes overall. Girls (generally) go for smart, physically tough (muscles etc.) guys with a lot of resources - and the r-K strategy thrown in, whites look for signs of fidelity and don't look for fidelity as much. You look after elders because knowledge is power.
    All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream at night, in the dusky recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams, with open eyes, to make it possible.

  8. #8
    Account Inactive friedrich braun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Last Online
    Monday, November 3rd, 2008 @ 04:04 AM
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Gender
    Age
    49
    Politics
    Eugenics
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Posts
    1,089
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Post

    J. Philippe Rushton's masterpiece "Race, Evolution and Behaviour", 3rd edition, is the most important book that I've read over last summer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sigrun Christianson
    Yay! I love Rushton. Have you seen his video presenting his IQ study from South Africa? It rawks. I'll see if it's still available online and if so, I'll post the URL here.

    I once made a brochure using an excerpt Rushton's Race, Evolution, and Behavior and some images of Arno Breker's sculptures. I then passed them out around my town. That was fun!

    Rushton on Marriage:
    So next time you're feeling that tug of attraction to someone you know is drastically different than you, take a second look. Professor J. Phillippe Rushton of The University of Western Ontario in his study on differences and marital happiness put it this way, "One of the most important principles to follow in choosing a mate revolves around a highly established reality: Stable and satisfying marriages usually involve two people who are very much alike."

  9. #9
    None
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Last Online
    Monday, April 3rd, 2006 @ 10:17 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Gender
    Posts
    1,346
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by friedrich braun
    J. Philippe Rushton's masterpiece "Race, Evolution and Behaviour", 3rd edition, is the most important book that I've read over last summer.
    It's refreshing that some others have an appreciation for the truth. :D

  10. #10
    Senior Member cosmocreator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Last Online
    Thursday, January 18th, 2007 @ 07:36 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Gender
    Age
    54
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Posts
    3,861
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by friedrich braun
    J. Philippe Rushton's masterpiece "Race, Evolution and Behaviour", 3rd edition, is the most important book that I've read over last summer.

    I had the chance to meet him but didn't. I was a student at UWO where he is a Professor when his publication came out. I wanted to go knock on his door and say I agreed with him. But I was too inhibited.
    .

    IHR Revisionist Conference, April 24, 2004, internet broadcast:

    http://www.internationalrevisionistconference.c om/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Monday, August 22nd, 2016, 10:10 AM
  2. Which Reproductive Methods Should Be Allowed?
    By ikki in forum Parenthood & Family
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: Thursday, November 17th, 2011, 04:11 PM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: Saturday, September 25th, 2010, 01:46 AM
  4. East Asians More Divided Amongst Themselves Than Whites Are
    By Cnooc in forum Cultural & Linguistic Anthropology
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Monday, November 21st, 2005, 05:38 PM
  5. Differences in Reproductive Endocrinology between Asian men and Caucasian
    By Euclides in forum Bio-Anthropology & Human Variation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Tuesday, June 29th, 2004, 02:34 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •