Last Online
    Sunday, August 31st, 2003 @ 01:40 PM
    white european nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Italia_Ariana
    Interesting. Is there a more specific classification under the med subrace, as there are with the various nordic subraces? And, can anyone guess where she's from? It's not Sicily.....
    Southern italian for sure, perhaps Puglia

Last Online
    Sunday, January 2nd, 2011 @ 10:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    eurafrican
    Ancestry
    eurafrican
    Country
    Other Other
    Occupation
    fireman
    Politics
    liberal
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi Milesian,

I would have to disagree, she looks superficially nordid primarily due to the hair and eye colour. If she had dark hair and brown eyes, I don't think you would mistake her for Nordid.
    Here, i agree with you about the methodology. when we say about about nordic there is at least two stages of depigmentation. one is much the older upper paleolithic depigmentation (in fact we are not sure about the pigmentation of Adam) and the later one is depigmentation of neolithic mediterraneans including Corded and Danubean types. it is rather interesting that horse nomadism is a newer invention than farming in many parts of the world.
    anyway, i want to expand the methodology proposal made by you. when we classify people we should say what would we call it if it was dark or the reverse, if it was depigmented.
    Personally i would not call her a pure mediterranean proper ( danubean or eastern mediterranean) or i would not call her atlantomediterranean,
    the face is a bit short and wide the cheeks are a bit high. What it makes you think that she is mediterranean are ,perhaps, the fleshy nose tip, and the fleshy lower lip which are not rare traits among east baltics.
    she has at least clear UP mixture i think.

Most likely she does have Nordid in her, but I don't think you'd find those overall facial features very common in Sweden.
    I stick by my opinion of a Nordid/Med mix.
    best regards

Last Online
    Sunday, July 2nd, 2006 @ 04:59 PM
    Subrace
    Mediterranid
    Student
    Politics
    Opposizione nazionale
    Religion
    Roman catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ith
    Southern italian for sure, perhaps Puglia
    WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Yes, I was "tooting my own horn" with this one.

This fair, mediterranean beauty is from my beautiful region. We have alot of people with her type. Her hair is actually a dirty-blonde, however she does dye it.

In Puglia (or in English: Apulia) exists a mediterranean type with nordic features. Not many anthropologists have studied Puglia that much. Most Anthropologists who go to Southern Italy go to Sicily instead.

Curious, could it be that this common type in Puglia, could be a stabilised mix of Nordic and Med genes; a subtype with Nordic features but Mediterranean structure?
    http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/7df88...5g0g_A6P36BzzG
    "Oggi non ci sono più italiani di ponente o di levante, del continente o delle isole, ci sono soltanto degli italiani"- Il Duce
    "Non c'è nessun maggior dolore che ricordarsi del tempo felice nella miseria"- Dante

Last Online
    Thursday, May 10th, 2012 @ 03:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Afrikaner
    Ancestry
    Slavic
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

This fair, mediterranean beauty is from my beautiful region. We have alot of people with her type. Her hair is actually a dirty-blonde, however she does dye it.

In Puglia (or in English: Apulia) exists a mediterranean type with nordic features. Not many anthropologists have studied Puglia that much. Most Anthropologists who go to Southern Italy go to Sicily instead.

Curious, could it be that this common type in Puglia, could be a stabilised mix of Nordic and Med genes; a subtype with Nordic features but Mediterranean structure?
    Hello asparukh, long time no see

She is attractive anyway IMO. Is Bari in Puglia?

Last Online
    Subrace
    Mediterranid
    Student
    Politics
    Opposizione nazionale
    Religion
    Roman catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by providenje
    She is attractive anyway IMO. Is Bari in Puglia?
    Of course. I'm from Bari, and this girl is from Lecce.
    "Oggi non ci sono più italiani di ponente o di levante, del continente o delle isole, ci sono soltanto degli italiani"- Il Duce
    "Non c'è nessun maggior dolore che ricordarsi del tempo felice nella miseria"- Dante

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Country
    Flanders Flanders
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

The Mediterranids in the region of Puglia are associated with the "tipo messapica": medium statured, rather low face, cheekbones which bow outward and dark pigmentation.
    The blond type is near absent with about 1.9%, but 5.7% are still characterized by blond hair, and another 7.6% are described with blue eyes.
    What's accounted for blondism in Italy goes in the majority of cases to the Alpine and Noric race, in Tuskany some Borreby strain have been observed.
    Usually in their childhood these Meds are "biondino" with either blond or medium brown hair("castano chiaro") and with a pinkish white skin, but grow darker with the passing of years.
    My mother came from Puglia, her home town was the sea port of Brindisi, but as far as I can remember her stories, her maternal family has roots in Northern Italy; herself a Alpine-Mediterrenean, most of the other family members are part Litorals, part Alpine, with a strong recurrence of a tall, atletic build and large-faced CM+AM mix.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Country
    Flanders Flanders
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frans3108
    The Mediterranids in the region of Puglia are associated with the "tipo messapica": medium statured, rather low face, cheekbones which bow outward and dark pigmentation.
    The blond type is near absent with about 1.9%, but 5.7% are still characterized by blond hair, and another 7.6% are described with blue eyes.
    What's accounted for blondism in Italy goes in the majority of cases to the Alpine and Noric race, in Tuskany some Borreby strain have been observed.
    Usually in their childhood these Meds are "biondino" with either blond or medium brown hair("castano chiaro") and with a pinkish white skin, but grow darker with the passing of years.
    My mother came from Puglia, her home town was the sea port of Brindisi, but as far as I can remember her stories, her maternal family has roots in Northern Italy; herself a Alpine-Mediterrenean, most of the other family members are part Litorals, part Alpine, with a strong recurrence of a tall, atletic build and large-faced CM+AM mix.
    Maybe the Nordic character of the citizens of Brindisi is reflected in their sense of emotional distance, aristocratic self-esteem, high moral standards and a certain cold flegma or laconism in their behaviour

Last Online
    Subrace
    Mediterranid
    Student
    Politics
    Opposizione nazionale
    Religion
    Roman catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Very interesting. Where did you get the statistics from Puglia from? It would be interesting to look at them.

Maybe the Nordic character of the citizens of Brindisi is reflected in their sense of emotional distance, aristocratic self-esteem, high moral standards and a certain cold flegma or laconism in their behaviour
    That is a very good observation.
    It could be, indeed!
    Parli la lingua di tua madre, Francesco?

Last Online
    Friday, August 29th, 2003 @ 01:17 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    NS Asatrú
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Of course!

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Country
    Flanders Flanders
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Very interesting. Where did you get the statistics from Puglia from? It would be interesting to look at them.

That is a very good observation.
    It could be, indeed!
    Parli la lingua di tua madre, Francesco?
    Largely I delved these data from Pietro Passarello(Rassengeschichte Italiens, in: Rassengeschichte der Menschheit.Europa I.Britsche Inseln-Frankreich-Iberische Halbinsel-Italien.-Muenchen,1974)and of course, Renato Biasutti(Razze e popoli della terra.-Torino, 1967); Biasutti should still be frequently available in city libraries and as student, you have the advantage to browse the central catalogue of your university's main library and borrow these books.
    Biasutti, albeit I question his Great-Mediterrenean agenda and some other flaws, is still more reliable than Sergi and can be perceived as the Italian counterpart of Berthil Lundman, both accentuate their research in dislodge regional population stocks.

I must confess that my Italian speech is a bit rusty and broken, but I do understand and read it fluently, which would have been otherwise a pity, I prefer to read Italo Svevo and Leopardi in the original, not to mention how I would have lost without Julius Evola, Carlo Michelstaedter and Biasutti. :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast