Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Nordic Skin Fair or More Tanned?

Last Online
    Thursday, March 30th, 2017 @ 05:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German and English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    mtDNA
    H
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    State
    Teutonic Order Teutonic Order
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Question Is Nordic Skin Fair or More Tanned?

What is the natural skin tone of nordic people, is it very fair and pale - nearly white, or is it more tan like the typical blond movie star?

I always thought that blond people tend to have more tan-orange looking skin while redhead and UP types have very fair skin that doesnt easily tan.

Celebrity examples of fair skin:

Celebrity example of tan skin:

Last Online
    Friday, December 8th, 2006 @ 02:25 AM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Post Re: Nordic Skin fair or more tan?

Paris Hilton is a bad example, even though many Scando-Nordids (except some Trönders in Norway) tan better than Palaeo-Atlantids and Nord-Atlantids. She tan in a salon and use blue contact lenses and dye her brown hair blonde.

Take a look at pictures of Paris Hilton when she was a young teenager.
    Last edited by Glenlivet; Thursday, September 29th, 2005 at 01:08 AM.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German and English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    mtDNA
    H
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    State
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Well of course- all movie stars are mostly fake (plus Hilton is jewish anyway), but she was the only person I could think of who had the right skin tone, sorry I don't know that many celebrities, dont watch much tv or movies... dont care about them.

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I think in general blondes tan more easily than Red heads. NW Europeans have lesser tanning ablity.Think the Irish. It's no suprise really if you go to Ireland it's always cloudy,foggy,or rainy.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German and English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    mtDNA
    H
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    State
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Although I think both types of skin are nice, I myself have the fairer type of skin. I often get commented that I'm too pale and therefore look sickly when I haven't been out in the sun all summer long.

But after being out in the sun for a few hours every day a few days, I start to get really faint freckles across my nose (you can only see them up very close), I think I've got a lot of UP blood. My natural haircolor is brown but exposed to the sun turns bright carroty red on the ends.

Last Online
    Monday, January 11th, 2010 @ 08:14 AM
    Ethnicity
    australian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Blondes often have yellowey-orange skin, kind of 'blonde skin' really but that expression denotes a fairer type. Many Nordics get a deep, rich tan from sun exposure, but it is always yellowey-orange even when it goes brown. This is true of ash-blondes with grey eyes. They are usually the ones with the tanned nordic skin. Medish europeans will have an olive colour in their skin. Sometimes the nordic tan can be 'darker' then mediterraneans but not really in the sense that it is not olive like mediterranean complexions.
    The cloudy damp places (so...britain mainly) have the most depigmented people. They usually have red hair. Ranging from carrot red to auborn coloured. This is more UP and bruenn, cro-magnid. But I have seen redheads that have pale skin but definatley nordic faces.
    The norweigans and swedes are meant to be the fair skinned Nordics. Hallstat which is common in sweden is determined in one way by rosey white skin. But this is still different to the pale white irish complexion.
    I've noticed that pale skinned blondes, and there are many of them,
    usually have a yellowey ivory colour in their skin. This is what I'd call 'blond coloured skin'. And they're usually flushed and with ruddy cheeks. The irish on the other hand (so probably brunn) are just pasty white, freckles resulting from sun exposure.
    The 'nordic' stereotype is of course, pale skin.
    But I'm guessing that most Nordics aren't exactly like this, and very light skin would be especially recessive. So while blond hair is recessive, blond hair and blue eyes even more so, the full blond/blue eyed/fair skinned would be ultra-recessive. Quite a rare gem and wonderful to behold. Especially as tall and slim with chiselled features. Like a superman. Das Ubermenschen

Last Online
    Friday, December 2nd, 2005 @ 11:43 PM
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    United States United States
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Perhaps an example of myself and a friend can be used. My friend has very blond hair, and pale skin while I have darker blond hair with easily tanned skin.

After the summer months at the beach, my skin gets a nice even tan where I am exposed to the sun. His skin on the other hand gets lightly freckled, though it slightly tans in some areas. Perhaps even looks a bit red .

I think of my friend as a good nordic example while I am a bit nordid + (insert other ideas). I doubt my friend is a "superman" with his blond hair/blue eyes/hard-to-tan skin, but I think it is certainly an interesting subracial feature.

Now I for one have never seen a tanned red head in person. And I really don't see where anyone is gonig with the shades of white. As far as I know, after the winter months you had best be wearing sunglasses when I remove my shirt .

Last Online
    Monday, January 11th, 2010 @ 08:14 AM
    Ethnicity
    australian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maybe with a cape, some tights and underpants on the outside your freind would look more like superman ...

I've seen a few 'tanned' reheads....
    but in the end, if you expose anybody to enough sun they will start to colour in someway. And if you deprive anybody of enough sun they'll start to look a paler shade. Even black people. Most caucasians would all come out the same shade of white after long enough with no sun at all.

Last Online
    Wednesday, May 17th, 2006 @ 02:17 AM
    Subrace
    Scottish/Norwegian
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Politics
    Environmental and Traditionalist
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That depends if you work outside all day or sit behind a computer. You'd be hardpressed to find many fair and pale commoners a hundred years ago. The rich and noble women maybe. But anyone else would be like out door labourers like farmers now. My grandfather is Scottish and Norwegian through and through like myself, but he has skin like tanned leather.
    Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.

Last Online
    Friday, October 5th, 2007 @ 12:15 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NordicPower88
    What is the natural skin tone of nordic people, is it very fair and pale - nearly white, or is it more tan like the typical blond movie star?

I always thought that blond people tend to have more tan-orange looking skin while redhead and UP types have very fair skin that doesnt easily tan.

Celebrity examples of fair skin:

Celebrity example of tan skin:
    I have some minor points of clarification I wish to address:

1) Rose McGowan from the series Charmed is definitely not Skando-Nordic. Although I am yet to see her profile, her classification has distinctly Mediterranean features, even if the Nordic element is predominant (which it may not be). As a result, I would hesitate to label her as a 'Nordic'. Maybe you were just using her as a generic example but I see no anthropological sense in placing her in a category (the classical Nordic category) when she clearly lies outside it.

2) I would assume that placing Nicole Kidman as an illustration in this thread has something to do with her Tronder racial type, which basically fits within the Skando-Nordic family. Consequently, you have no issues with me on this particular aspect.

3) Paris Hilton does not look typical Nordic to my eyes, bearing a close resemblance to the Noric racial type.

4) Having read many of your threads, which seem to contain the trimmings of Nordic supremacism, I am quite surprised by your admission that you possess some Upper Palaeolithic racial tendencies. I would like to point out, as I have in another similar thread, that Nordic supremacists tend to fall on their own swords, as do their Mediterranean counterparts. In previous years, individuals of a UP persuasion were highly criticised by Nordic supremacists until such time as they gained acceptance as players in the same Nordish branch. Although I am not an Alpine, I was quite offended by your recent attacks on that particular sub-branch of Europeans. More importantly, in a thread where you identified Nordids as the sole reason for Germany's illustrious past, you went on to mention the names of great Alpine and Mediterranean Germans to validate why Nordicism had made Germany what it was and is!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast