Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Germanic Are the Netherlands?

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Friday, September 9th, 2005 @ 01:50 PM
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Politics
    -
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post How Germanic Are the Netherlands?

My race is pure Germanic
    Thats hilarious haha.

First of all Germanic people originally come from Scandinavia and North-Germany, they are not native to the Netherlands and Belgium. The original inhabitants of the Netherlands and Belgium are the celts.

Furthermore in the history of the Netherlands there has been an enormous amount of different invasions from different tribes. From the `Hunnebed` builders to the Celts to the Germanics, to the Romans, to the French Hugenots, to the Spanish occupation, to the French occupation, Jews, Germans, Austrians etc

My estimation therefore is that the average Dutch person has 30 % germanic blood and 70 % other. But you can discuss about percentages endlessly, so this is a bit stupid.

The only Dutch people that consider themselves Germanic are the Nazi/Skinhead Dutch people.

The average normal Dutch citizens dont consider themselves Germanic. They consider themselves just Dutch and white. Nothing more, nothing less.

To summarize : Dutch people are a mixture of a large amount of different tribes. The only thing that all these tribes have in common is that they are all white.

This accounts also for all other European countries. All Europeans are mixed of several white tribes.

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Post Re: Are the Netherlands part of Großdeutschland?

Quote Originally Posted by executiona9
    Thats hilarious haha.

First of all Germanic people originally come from Scandinavia and North-Germany, they are not native to the Netherlands and Belgium. The original inhabitants of the Netherlands and Belgium are the celts.

Furthermore in the history of the Netherlands there has been an enormous amount of different invasions from different tribes. From the `Hunnebed` builders to the Celts to the Germanics, to the Romans, to the French Hugenots, to the Spanish occupation, to the French occupation, Jews, Germans, Austrians etc

My estimation therefore is that the average Dutch person has 30 % germanic blood and 70 % other. But you can discuss about percentages endlessly, so this is a bit stupid.

The only Dutch people that consider themselves Germanic are the Nazi/Skinhead Dutch people.

The average normal Dutch citizens dont consider themselves Germanic. They consider themselves just Dutch and white. Nothing more, nothing less.

To summarize : Dutch people are a mixture of a large amount of different tribes. The only thing that all these tribes have in common is that they are all white.

This accounts also for all other European countries. All Europeans are mixed of several white tribes.
    Germanic and Celtic aren't two distinct races. And culturally The Netherlands is Germanic.

The Netherlands are more Germanic than Belgium.

Last Online
    Wednesday, July 11th, 2018 @ 01:37 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Overijssel Overijssel
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Lay back down
    Politics
    Blut & Boden
    Religion
    Not sure anymore
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Post Re: Re : Re: Are the Netherlands part of Großdeutschland?

Really, executiona9, when you say that Dutch are only for 30% Germanic, I would like to know from you where you based it upon, as honestly speaking, I doubt that you are right. certainly we have some celtic blood and more, but to denegrate our great people to an mix-race with only 30% Germanic blood is wrong. And besides, after centuries ago since the fall of the Roman empire, was is left in our genes of the so called Roman blood? And celtic blood? Many so called Romans who used to live in our nations, are just Romanized Celts and Germanics; locals who adopted the Roman way of life.

You dont know my family tree, so keep your laughings for yourself. That you think low about your own race, is your right, but it is not your right to denegrate an entire population. And what do you mean with Jews? I hope you dont try to say that that the average Dutch-flemish has Jewish blood?

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Politics
    -
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That you think low about your own race
    I dont think low of my race. My race is white/caucasian and im very proud of that. Im also very proud of being Dutch.

And what do you mean with Jews? I hope you dont try to say that that the average Dutch-flemish has Jewish blood?
    Jews have lived in the Netherlands and Belgium for hundreds or maybe thousands of years. In all those centuries of time there must have been a lot of mixing going on. Maybe Dutch and Belgians have 5 % Jewish blood or maybe 2 %. We can only guess about the amount, but fact is that there has been some mixing.

The same accounts for all other European countries where Jews have lived for a long time.

Fact is that Europeans have jew blood, but that doesnt matter because Jews are white/caucasian, they are the same people as Europeans. They are not Negroid/Mongoloid or something lol

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Overijssel Overijssel
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Lay back down
    Politics
    Blut & Boden
    Religion
    Not sure anymore
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I dont think like you, excutiona9, because I dont consider Jews as caucasians or as white. Jews are an Semetic race, just like the Arabs. Jews are nothing like us. as long Jews stay in Israel and fight their wars with the Arabs, I would say: by all means. White is not necesarry someone with an white skin. Culture and religion also make an difference when a person can be considered as white. Are Turks white? Are Albanians white? What about the cechnens? Iranians? Berber and some Indians from north India? it is a fact that there are blond and blue eyed Turks and Arabs. Some Berbers do look like very European. But because some one has an few more or less European ancesters, it doesnt give them the right to call themselfs as being white. Southern Italians are smaller and dark haired, but personly I prefer them above a blond Jew, Turk or Arab. Where are your priorities? You dont have necesarry to dislike Jews. I know that there are some people who support the islamic Arabs against Israel. My opinion is that I have no problem with the Jewish state as long they dont interfere with our interest and our politics. Moreover, Israel should be forced to except the remaining Jews of Europe, as we dont need them.

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

The original inhabitants of the Netherlands were Paleolithic tribes. These later absorbed Celtic culture (especially in the south), and then became Germanicized. Ancient upper Netherlandic culture has probably been one of the seeds from which Germanic culture arose.

You cannot lump all these immigrations together as if they were all equally important in racial and cultural terms.

They consider themselves just Dutch and white. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Not true, especially not by your definition of 'white'. Ask a regular Dutchman which cultures he feels the Netherlands are most related to. I'll guarantee you they will be predominantly Germanic. The term has just been contaminated because of a certain Austrian.

Actually, "the heartland of the immense area of northern Europe occupied by the early Germanic peoples was the great expanse of lowland which extends from the Netherlands to western Russia." (Malcolm Todd, The Early Germans, second edition, 2004)

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Politics
    -
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Re: Are the Netherlands Germanic?

sorry, but I dont like the fact that you made this new topic based on my reply to that other topic.

It takes my reply out of the context (by making it a new topic of its own).

No offense though, just wanted to type this

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Overijssel Overijssel
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Lay back down
    Politics
    Blut & Boden
    Religion
    Not sure anymore
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Post Re: Are the Netherlands Germanic?

sorry, but I dont like the fact that you made this new topic based on my reply to that other topic.

It takes my reply out of the context (by making it a new topic of its own).

No offense though, just wanted to type this
    Rubbish, Siegfried made an wise decision to make an new topic
    If you have an opninion of your own, you wont be afraid to continue the discussion whether the Dutch are Germanic or not

Last Online
    Thursday, July 28th, 2011 @ 06:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scottish (basically)
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Post Re: Are the Netherlands Germanic? [split]

First of all Germanic people originally come from Scandinavia and North-Germany, they are not native to the Netherlands and Belgium.
    How do you define 'native'. I think I've heard that Germanic legends indicate they originally came from north of the Black sea or something; they didn't just materialise in Scandinavia/North Germany. From what I know of Dutch people, culture and history, they seem as Germanic as Germans (quite similar in fact).

Last Online
    Saturday, April 23rd, 2016 @ 05:49 PM
    Status
    Brief Absence
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Dutch/Czech/Austrian/Bavarian
    Subrace
    Sub-Nordid
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands