Religion
    British
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Re: Ulster Scots History and Culture

[QUOTE-Imperator X]Jai Hindusthan![/quote]
    That's a bit daft. Hindu is a PERSIAN word, borrowed into the Muslim Urdu speech. It's derived from Sindh, a native name for the Indus, and is the source of Greek 'India'. Shouldn't an Indophile rather use the term Bharat?
    Sitting comfortably on the other side of the Atlantic, you should at least try to have some sympathy for those of your cousins who are still here, and have to suffer the hordes of Hindu invaders taking our jobs, homes, and towns. How would you feel if a Briton were to adopt all the trappings of Mestizo Central American culture, and then chide his transatlantic kin for not doing so? Too good for Woden, are ye?

ANYROAD,

Does anyone know when this Ulster Scots term first came into use? Are the descendants of English and Welsh settlers too mixed in to counter the rather blanket description?

Have any genetic studies examined the populations in Northern Ireland?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oswy

Are the descendants of English and Welsh settlers too mixed in to counter the rather blanket description?
    I think it covers the descendants of the English & Welsh settlers also. Most persons of Ulster Protestant descent simply call themselves Irish or American. Most live in parts of the U.S. were there are few Irish-Catholics or any Catholics for that matter. Also there were Irish Protestants from other areas of Ireland other then Ulster who came to British America/the United States. The terms Ulster-Scots or Scots-Irish is mostly used by historians or genealogists.

Last Online
    Saturday, April 4th, 2009 @ 01:47 AM
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Subrace
    Nordid/Atlantid.
    Country
    State
    Massachusetts Massachusetts
    Family
    Single, looking
    Occupation
    Looking
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Religion
    Hindu - Shakta
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Oswy
    That's a bit daft. Hindu is a PERSIAN word, borrowed into the Muslim Urdu speech. It's derived from Sindh, a native name for the Indus, and is the source of Greek 'India'. Shouldn't an Indophile rather use the term Bharat?
    Sitting comfortably on the other side of the Atlantic, you should at least try to have some sympathy for those of your cousins who are still here, and have to suffer the hordes of Hindu invaders taking our jobs, homes, and towns. How would you feel if a Briton were to adopt all the trappings of Mestizo Central American culture, and then chide his transatlantic kin for not doing so? Too good for Woden, are ye?
    Actually there are instances in the Vedas where the exact term "Hindu" is used. If you must see a case for yourself, I can get back to you on this one. Most of your "invaders" are Muslim Pakistanis and Bangladeshis, nice try. I never advocated all of white Britain adopting Hinduism, though I would not feel agitated if they did. I would be disturbed however if they converted to Islam.
    SVMDEVSSVMCAESARSVMCAELVMETINFERNVM

Last Online
    Saturday, April 4th, 2009 @ 01:47 AM
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Subrace
    Nordid/Atlantid.
    Country
    State
    Massachusetts Massachusetts
    Family
    Single, looking
    Occupation
    Looking
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Religion
    Hindu - Shakta
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Do you honestly believe that a lot if not most of the more philosophical parts [in contrast to the onomastica of the mythos] of Hinduism are NOT the unique product of the insertion of a small number of Central Asian IEans into a radically different new tropical world of Dravidians and Munda?
    Even if we choose to discount the idea of substrate influence from the aborigines of the sub continent [which I am prepared to do to some extent], then there is still the highly likely possibility that Aryans themselves innovated in India.
    Most of the acharyas who influenced and developed later Vedanta philosophy were South Indian and very well could have been Dravidians.

Islam... That nasty new Superbug of religious disease.
    Gods Help Us!
    Aye, verily, on this point at least, we agree.
    SVMDEVSSVMCAESARSVMCAELVMETINFERNVM

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, June 11th, 2016 @ 12:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    CM-Atlantidish
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator X
    Most of your "invaders" are Muslim Pakistanis and Bangladeshis, nice try.
    You think I'm not aware of that or summat? And even if we got rid of them, there'd still be perhaps a million Indians to get shot of too. Politics aside, racially speaking they're as much a threat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anglo-Hoosier
    Most persons of Ulster Protestant descent simply call themselves Irish or American. Most live in parts of the U.S. were there are few Irish-Catholics or any Catholics for that matter. Also there were Irish Protestants from other areas of Ireland other then Ulster who came to British America/the United States.

Forgive me!
    I meant in Ulster itself. Funny to think, though, that the majority of Ulster Scots by descent probably DO live in America! The same probably holds true for my Irish surname. What a disturbing thought.

Here's some other Soviet posters, on the Northern Irish question. Hmmm, I wonder what side they're gonna be on...

Do not suppress "Ol'ster" (sic)!
    For the people of Ulster, it gets worse day after day.
    The Conservatives try to bind them tighter and tighter, showing their true nature.
    But this people, as ever, struggles to achieve its civil rights.

The English pin.
    on the hat = Colonialism.
    on the chunks of land = Northern Ireland, and the Falklands.
    Commie bastards.
    Last edited by Oswiu; Tuesday, January 31st, 2006 at 03:24 AM.

Last Online
    Saturday, March 11th, 2006 @ 08:13 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Estonia Estonia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ulster Scots are a genetic Clan blood group that crosses the islands between WSW Scotland and N. Ireland.

The British just came and put a name on an area of land so-called Northern Ireland.

Ulster Scots are in pockets of heavy and thin genetics depending on how they have bred with the native recent (last 3,000 years) Irish and and European genes in the American nation.

Purity of Ulster Scot genetics is found in those with stong will power and fighting blood and a love of the cold water.

Ulster Scots, by blood stretch from the Scottish MacDonald clan territory across many islands to the Antrim Co. territory in Ireland.

Ulster Scot blood is the genetics of the Red Hand.

And I'll tell you one thing, True Ulster Scots absolutely hate the British and the Orangemen have nothing to do with real Ulster Scots.

Ulster Scots have been actively involved in fighting the British for the last 300 years.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haplotype I

And I'll tell you one thing, True Ulster Scots absolutely hate the British and the Orangemen have nothing to do with real Ulster Scots.

Ulster Scots have been actively involved in fighting the British for the last 300 years.
    The Ulster Scots living on the frontier were the most ant-British segment of the American population at the time of the War of Independence. Andrew Jackson was an Ulster Scot & he was famous for his hatred of the British.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    CM-Atlantidish
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haplotype I
    Ulster Scots are a genetic Clan blood group that crosses the islands between WSW Scotland and N. Ireland.
    Er?! No.
    'Scot' used to mean 'Irish raider' [kind of like a Gaelic 'Viking' if you like], and is from an Irish word that meant 'wanderer' or the like. As time went on, the name stopped being used by the Irish who had stayed at home, and came to be applied only to the descendants of those who had colonised Britain, mixing with the Picts, Welsh and English to make a new Kingdom of Scotland. Feelings of kinship with the old Irish remained, but were severely disrupted by Norse activity for several centuries. The Hebrides were very heavily settled from Norway, as any glance at the place names will tell you, but Ulster remained solidly Gaelic and free from Scandinavian influence [far more so than many places in the south of Ireland, funnily enough - geography and the resultant lack of decent harbours had a role to play here, as well as perhaps the secure position politically, as well as the more traditional and warlike spirit of the O'Neills in comparison with the men of Leinster and Munster] And thus both Gaelic sides of the Irish Sea went their own way, politically and culturally. The peripheries of each where they were close to each other felt this less so, but the centralising forces on both islands were strong enough to overcome this.
    The settlement of Ulster from the 17th Century onwards did involve a number of Highlanders 'returning' to the lands whence their 5th Century forefathers had come, but I believe the majority of the settlers were from elsewhere in Scotland [and less so England and Wales], i.e. the Borders.
    They would have largely been descended from the mixture of Briton and Angle that occured in the northern Bernician province of the Northumbrian Kingdom, having little Gael in them, except for some elements drawn from the Hiberno Norse settlements of Galloway and Cumberland. Men of the Borders [and they were from both sides of it, though there was no clear ethnic divide] were thus only 'Scots' in terms of political allegiances, i.e. Germanic Bernicians owing loyalty to the Scottish Crown due to the latter's successful conquest of the area in the 10th Century. [Of course, there's nowt wrong with that, as people in my western part of England don't have as much AngloSaxon in them as they think!]
    The continuum between Northern Irish Gael and Highland and Island Gael has thus been broken several times in history, and it would be incorrect to view them as one "clan blood group" as you say. There IS some shared blood, but it's probably not the greater predominant part.
    [QUOTE]The British just came and put a name on an area of land so-called Northern Ireland.[QUOTE]
    Our Government had to do this to prevent civil war.
    Ulster Scots, by blood stretch from the Scottish MacDonald clan territory across many islands to the Antrim Co. territory in Ireland.
    I have friends on the Isle of Skye who would disagree with this! One even lives in walking distance of Armadale Castle, the seat of the Clan.
    Ulster Scot blood is the genetics of the Red Hand.
    Partially, yes. But it is also the blood of the Gododdin, of Rheged, of Strathclyde, of Norge, and Cyning Ida's Angles of Bebbanburh
    Eh? How's that? Why do they fly our flag more than mainland Britons do?!
    I hate to divide things on religious grounds, but sometimes other words fail me, so; The Catholics in the Six Counties are partially descended from people who immigrated there from the rest of Ireland in response to the industrialisation of the 19th Century. Not all, however. Perhaps most of them [and it's gonna be nigh on impossible to separate them out now] did not, and are the direct descendants of the men and women who lived under the O'Neills and King Conchobhor. But these people don't call emselves 'Scots'! Some of them mixed in with the Protestant newcomers, and these would associate themselves with the term Ulster Scots if pressed on the matter, though in my experience "Ulsterman" is far more common a word for it.
    As for fighting the British, well, there was a bit of this under the United Irishmen of 1798 [my Y chromosome left Ireland in this exact year!] but Protestant Irish have been loyal ever since. I should add, as well, that Catholic Ireland has been far more loyal than many agitators would have you believe - my Tipperary Great Uncle, for example, fought in the Battle of Britain - and not in the Luftwaffe!!! Many other Irish Catholics did likewise, and a fair few are serving in the British Army as we speak.
    I know it's very fashionable these days to "fight the British" but get your facts right, please!

And about your Haplotype I being from this general area, look at my attachments, and see how far it penetrates into India and even Siberia! It's a very old haplotype, and relates to a very early period of the colonisation of Eurasia. It's very high in frequency in Gotland [the island off Sweden in the Baltic Sea], and in Serbia, and in UTTAR PRADESH in INDIA of all places! It's not from around the Irish Sea. Much of its presence around the latter might be best attributed to Norse settlement. Don't forget to honour Odin, as well as the Red Hand!

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    CM-Atlantidish
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Sorry, I forgot the attachments about the Y chromosome haplogroups! Here they are;

#1, I = purply pink

#2 & 3, = pink

#4, left = light blue, right = pink.
    Last edited by QuietWind; Tuesday, April 25th, 2006 at 11:47 PM.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    CM-Atlantidish
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

India's name - for Imperator X

In response to post 43 above;

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator X
    Actually there are instances in the Vedas where the exact term "Hindu" is used. If you must see a case for yourself, I can get back to you on this one. Most of your "invaders" are Muslim Pakistanis and Bangladeshis, nice try. I never advocated all of white Britain adopting Hinduism, though I would not feel agitated if they did. I would be disturbed however if they converted to Islam.
    See this attachment;

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast