Thread: Descriptions of the Indic People?

Last Online
    Tuesday, February 13th, 2007 @ 05:06 AM
    Doesnt matter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Descriptions of the Indic People?

Can somebody post pictures and/or a general description of indic people.

Last Online
    Sunday, January 2nd, 2011 @ 09:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    eurafrican
    Ancestry
    eurafrican
    Country
    Other Other
    Occupation
    fireman
    Politics
    liberal
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchTape
    Can somebody post pictures and/or a general description of indic people.
    hi,
    Old World sources of the first New World human inhabitants: A comparative craniofacial view

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/art...gi?artid=55570

Human craniofacial data were used to assess the similarities and differences between recent and prehistoric Old World samples, and between these samples and a similar representation of samples from the New World. The data were analyzed by the neighbor-joining clustering procedure, assisted by bootstrapping and by canonical discriminant analysis score plots. The first entrants to the Western Hemisphere of maybe 15,000 years ago gave rise to the continuing native inhabitants south of the U.S.–Canadian border. These show no close association with any known mainland Asian population. Instead they show ties to the Ainu of Hokkaido and their Jomon predecessors in prehistoric Japan and to the Polynesians of remote Oceania. All of these also have ties to the Pleistocene and recent inhabitants of Europe and may represent an extension from a Late Pleistocene continuum of people across the northern fringe of the Old World. With roots in both the northwest and the northeast, these people can be described as Eurasian. The route of entry to the New World was at the northwestern edge. In contrast, the Inuit (Eskimo), the Aleut, and the Na-Dene speakers who had penetrated as far as the American Southwest within the last 1,000 years show more similarities to the mainland populations of East Asia. Although both the earlier and later arrivals in the New World show a mixture of traits characteristic of the northern edge of Old World occupation and the Chinese core of mainland Asia, the proportion of the latter is greater for the more recent entrants.

best regards

Last Online
    Sunday, February 25th, 2007 @ 10:29 AM
    Subrace
    nordiſch-weſtiſch
    Single
    Politics
    Volk und Raſſe
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Doesn't he mean with Indics the people in India, and not American Indians?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    eurafrican
    Ancestry
    eurafrican
    Country
    Other Other
    Occupation
    fireman
    Politics
    liberal
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tryggviulf
    Doesn't he mean with Indics the people in India, and not American Indians?
    well in fact i was not sure, so i decided that even Columbus was mistaken so why shall i not be. and the article was good. btw i would appreciate your contribution in these subjects from perhaps Gunthers point of view.
    best regards

Last Online
    Subrace
    nordiſch-weſtiſch
    Single
    Politics
    Volk und Raſſe
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I don't think Günther ever wrote a line about American Indians. But I agree that the Eskimids are much closer to the recent Asian Mongolids than the Indianids South of the Eskimids are who reflect partly older trait characteristics of North Eastern Asia.

Last Online
    Tuesday, February 13th, 2007 @ 05:06 AM
    Doesnt matter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tryggviulf
    I don't think Günther ever wrote a line about American Indians. But I agree that the Eskimids are much closer to the recent Asian Mongolids than the Indianids South of the Eskimids are who reflect partly older trait characteristics of North Eastern Asia.
    i was talking about the indics of india. but oh well, any discussion is welcome.

Last Online
    Subrace
    nordiſch-weſtiſch
    Single
    Politics
    Volk und Raſſe
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I know. I remarked this in my first post in this thread.

"Indics" (Indids) in a racial sense are only the Europid (Caucasid) people in that region, and not the old Australo-Melanesid-like races like the Wedda. Von Eickstedt differs between a more robust and in its facial and body forms even Nordoid looking North-Indid type that can be found in the North-Western edge of "India" in a not political, but greater geographical-cultural term (that includes Pakistan), and then a Gracile-Indid type, spreaded more South-Eastern from the Noth-Indids, that is the Eastern continuation of the Mediterranid-Orientalid belt. But this general distinction is only rough, and there are some other types and various different local and regional types, and there's also great mixing and interbreeding between the various types.

Have a look at this link: http://members.tripod.com/~tanmoy/be...tricraces.html
    The North-Indids would be here No. 7, the Gracile-Indid type No. 5. But from terminological respects one has to reject the author's sentence that these types altogether "create the Indian race". They do create the Indian people, the Indian nation, but they are still different racial types!

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    eurafrican
    Ancestry
    eurafrican
    Country
    Other Other
    Occupation
    fireman
    Politics
    liberal
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchTape
    i was talking about the indics of india. but oh well, any discussion is welcome.
    M45 is an ancient lineage, estimated to date from 40,000 years ago; surprisingly, for such an old marker, it is almost entirely confined to Central Asia. M173, a descendant lineage of M45, has an estimated age of 30,000 years, a value consistent with the age obtained by Semino et al. (17). Finally, M17, a descendant of M173,
    The evolutionary relationship among NRY haplotypes can be used to infer details of past migrations (6). One intriguing feature of the Eurasian haplotype distribution is that M45, the ancestor of haplotypes M173 [the major European haplotype (17)] and M3 [the major Native American haplotype (10, 20)], is found at polymorphic frequencies mainly in Central Asia. This finding, as well as geography, strongly suggests that the source of both of these migrations was an ancient Central Asian population, consistent with the results of previous studies (21, 22). It is notable that the inferred age of M45 (40,000 years) coincides reasonably with the first appearance of anatomically modern humans and their toolkits in southern Siberia (23, 24), during a period that saw the desertification of southern Central Asia and the disappearance of human remains from the southern Central Asian lowlands (25, 26). There may have been a general movement from southern to northern Central Asia during this period, with human populations following migrating herds of large ungulates into the steppe zone. This initial migration may have facilitated subsequent movements to the East and West. The M173 haplotype is thought to delineate the earliest expansion into Europe, during the Upper Paleolithic 30,000 years ago (17). It is likely that M173 arose initially in Central Asia, and that M173-carrying subpopulations migrated westward into Europe soon thereafter. The extremely high frequency of this haplotype in Western Europe is probably the result of drift, consistent with an inferred population bottleneck during the Last Glacial Maximum (4, 17).
    m17 is as we know is the Hg3 which was made famous by Ross and his clan.
    m173 is the basque/celtic lineage.
    http://www.pnas.org/content/vol98/is...713050001.jpeg
    http://mbe.oupjournals.org/content/v...05-18-f02.jpeg
    so we decide that there is a central asiatic cromagnon which gave rise to both basques and quetchuas. in fact basque is originally an asiatic agglutinative language like dravidic.
    if we are to chase the corded people to the elmenteita seires and out of africa as coon proposed, it is unlikely thatthe Hg3 which arose from a central asiatic cromagnon canbe assoicated with a recent neolithic mediterranean movement.
    i personally doubt that associating the corded with Hg3 is so relevant
    Last edited by torrent; Sunday, August 24th, 2003 at 11:31 PM.