student
    Politics
    Irish Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post For the love of dog

dog wise, you wont beat an irish wolfhound, dobermann or rottweiler. wolfhounds are the tallest and are highly imposing looking, dobermanns dont look scary to me to be honest, then again i love all dogs, rottweilers have a stocky strong build and look far better i think.

Sideways to the Sun
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Thursday, September 18th, 2008 @ 04:55 PM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Rebel
    Politics
    Anti-Neophilia
    Religion
    Traditional Catholicism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scathach
    dog wise, you wont beat an irish wolfhound, dobermann or rottweiler. wolfhounds are the tallest and are highly imposing looking, dobermanns dont look scary to me to be honest, then again i love all dogs, rottweilers have a stocky strong build and look far better i think.
    Yeah, Irish Wolfhounds....they are about the same size as a Shetland Pony!

I knew a guy who owned a garage.
    He kept an German Shepherd and a Doberman as guard dogs.
    One year he went on holiday and forgot to leave food for them.
    When he got back the Doberman was still looking well-fed.
    Wasn't much left of the German Shepherd though!

Last Online
    Thursday, November 8th, 2018 @ 04:17 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Other Other
    student
    Politics
    Irish Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

christ, thats awful
    we kept wolfhounds for a while, theyre great dogs, so noble and loyal. theyre huge though. i only like big dogs, small dogs tend to be moody and yappy..
    bull mastiffs also make good guard dogs, my boy is part mastiff and lab, he looks mainly like a lab but with the buiild of a mastiff so he is really strong, and unfriendly.

i recommend you get a dobermann, rottweiler, mastiff and wolfhound....and a groenendael, you wont go far wrong with a gang like that in your house!

Last Online
    Thursday, January 18th, 2007 @ 06:36 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I was just laying on the grass in a park. This lady was walking her dog and I heard her tell another guy that he was still a pup. He was a 250 lb pup English Mastif. The dog was giant.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Other Other
    student
    Politics
    Irish Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

aww it sounds cute Cosmo! i love dogs, i prefer dogs to puppies actuallywhich is a bit weird..

Last Online
    Thursday, January 18th, 2007 @ 06:36 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

aww it sounds cute Cosmo! i love dogs, i prefer dogs to puppies actuallywhich is a bit weird..

I don't know if you could call that dog a puppy. It was playing with a Saint Bernard -- a fairly big dog in it's own right, and the mastiff towered over it.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Other Other
    student
    Politics
    Irish Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

aww, bless he was probably about 6-10 months or so then, technically a pup but fairly dog sized by the sounds of it

Last Online
    Thursday, February 28th, 2019 @ 02:57 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European Ancestry
    Country
    United States United States
    Gemini
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

aww, bless he was probably about 6-10 months or so then, technically a pup but fairly dog sized by the sounds of it

Medium, Large, and Giant breed dogs do not mature until around 2 years old. My boxer is 18 months old and is still very much a puppy, pushing the envelope at 60 lbs (it's a female [about 10 to 15 lbs smaller then their male counterparts is the breed standard], and Boxers are a MEDIUM sized breed, not a large breed which is a common misconception due to a lot of Boxers being overweight due to thyroid problems and poor breeding.)
    She is very much a puppy and in fact has not even started her first heat cycle yet.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Other Other
    student
    Politics
    Irish Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post breed problems

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsmaschine
    Medium, Large, and Giant breed dogs do not mature until around 2 years old. My boxer is 18 months old and is still very much a puppy, pushing the envelope at 60 lbs (it's a female [about 10 to 15 lbs smaller then their male counterparts is the breed standard], and Boxers are a MEDIUM sized breed, not a large breed which is a common misconception due to a lot of Boxers being overweight due to thyroid problems and poor breeding.)
    She is very much a puppy and in fact has not even started her first heat cycle yet.
    it's interesting that you own a boxer. i recently read an article about problems with certain breeds, such problems that people want to push laws through to stop specific breeds from being continually bred, such as the boxer, bulldog and poodle. The reasons are widespread and individual to each breed that was mentioned but the main factor discussed was that these dogs are bred to have certain defaults that are unhealthy to the dog and not conducive to a long life span or perfectly healthy bodies and organs. Boxers are relatively short lived and one thing i remember being said was that the ''squashed'' faces of the boxer and pug etc are supposed to remind us of children and thus appeal to us, i really dont see it myself.
    The bulldog body is thought to be unhealthy - heavy head upon short squat legs and an otherwise not very strong body, though stocky enough looking. Quite a few breeds were singled out, the most unusual imo was the retriever - thought to be a possible danger since they are bred to hunt and retrieve and can get angry if a person tries to take a ball out of their mouth. The general consensus was that our dogs are becoming overbred and problems are ensuing in most breeds.

Last Online
    Thursday, February 28th, 2019 @ 02:57 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European Ancestry
    Country
    United States United States
    Gemini
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

it's interesting that you own a boxer. i recently read an article about problems with certain breeds, such problems that people want to push laws through to stop specific breeds from being continually bred, such as the boxer, bulldog and poodle. The reasons are widespread and individual to each breed that was mentioned but the main factor discussed was that these dogs are bred to have certain defaults that are unhealthy to the dog and not conducive to a long life span or perfectly healthy bodies and organs. Boxers are relatively short lived and one thing i remember being said was that the ''squashed'' faces of the boxer and pug etc are supposed to remind us of children and thus appeal to us, i really dont see it myself.
    The bulldog body is thought to be unhealthy - heavy head upon short squat legs and an otherwise not very strong body, though stocky enough looking. Quite a few breeds were singled out, the most unusual imo was the retriever - thought to be a possible danger since they are bred to hunt and retrieve and can get angry if a person tries to take a ball out of their mouth. The general consensus was that our dogs are becoming overbred and problems are ensuing in most breeds.

As far as breed being overbred and heath problems directly realted to it, you can blame Hollywood for a majority of it. Every time they release some dumb movie with a dog as the main character, or a move like 101 Dalmations, there is trouble. After Disneys release of the large screen version of 101 Dalmations, the market was FLOODED with poorly bred Dalmations, because of greedy personal owners that new nothing about the ethics of dog breeding. Every little kid in America wanted a Dalmation as a pet, but none of them wanted to pay the high money it costs to get one from a reputable, established, ethical breeder. As you can imagine, Dalmations were the main breed at puppy mills all across the U.S., breeding poor quality, unhealthy dogs that do nothing but pass those traits on to their offspring. In a year, when the Dalmation craze subsided, parents were turning their dogs into places like the ASPCA because they didnt realize what a high maintence dog that the Dalmation was. This led to further improper breeding and an overall de-classing of the breed in general. It has taken quite a while to bring the Dalmation back up to it's original standard, thanks to hard working, ethical, responsible, registered Dalmation breeders.

I was very careful when I chose my dog. I researched the breed extensively to make sure that it was the dog for me, then I visited several local breeders and decided to pay even more money to get one from a reputable breeder (they are mainly called Kennels) with a great bloodline and even a 1 year health "warranty", so to speak.

I wonder though, why left wing, jewish and guilty white "meaningful dialogue" types have not completely shut down the pure bred dog industry because of the strict rules and regulations of pure bred dog breeding. Surely their should be a melting pot of canines, too??
    I mean, is it not a completel injustice to want to keep purely bred canines just that: PURE BRED? In reality, we see what happens when dogs of different breeds mix. The end results are ugly, with extremely poor health, and cast aside by society. Why cant this be a lesson learned from humans?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast