Student
    Politics
    Europäer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Dark Matter Mystery

While carefully measuring the speed of rotation of galaxies, astronomers stumbled upon a profound cosmic mystery.

They could estimate what the rotation speed should be by calculating the mass of all the visible stars and gas, thereby determining the gravity of the galaxy. Much to their surprise, the measurements showed that most galaxies are rotating faster than they should. Not a little faster. Much faster! More than twice as fast. This meant that, according to Einstein's theory of gravity, these galaxies should be flying apart. Yet clearly, they are not.

What can the answer be? Is it possible that most galaxies are surrounded by some "dark" form of matter that cannot be observed by radio, infrared, optical, ultraviolet, X-ray, or gamma-ray telescopes? Could Einstein's theory of gravity, which has proved to be correct in all cases so far, be somehow wrong?

X-ray telescopes have discovered vast clouds of multimillion degree gas in clusters of galaxies. These hot gas clouds increase the mass of the cluster, but not enough to solve the mystery. In fact they provide an independent measurement of dark matter. The measurement shows that there must be at least four times as much dark matter as all the stars and gas we observe, or the hot gas would escape the cluster.

The rest of the site
    A different site
    ...more
    „Sollten Sie dabei sein, wenn ich sterbe, so werden Sie sehen, dass ich ruhig dahinscheide; denn ich glaube, dass nach dem Tode alles zu Ende ist.”
    Friedrich der Große

Last Online
    Sunday, February 25th, 2007 @ 10:29 AM
    Subrace
    nordiſch-weſtiſch
    Single
    Politics
    Volk und Raſſe
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Sorry, I couldn't really say competent things about Dark Matter, but I just want to tell that I had a real great laugh here because of the similar Threads function offering a thread about Sandniggers.

Last Online
    Monday, April 12th, 2010 @ 03:53 PM
    Imperialist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post DArk matter and stuff!

Dark matter falls into several categories, the easiest for most to understand would be things like black holes. ( which do not emit in the traditional sense and are grouped under MACOs if i remember correctly.) There are also other things like heavy particles that do not interact with photons ( bosons etc --- particles similar to protons and neutrons ( sometimes heavier) in that they are ccreated by quark combos.)

In addition there is the 'exotic' mix of particles, things made of combinations of other than simple Up and Down quarks, ( +2/3,-1/3) like strange or charmed quarks .

I would need to brush up ( its been a while since I actually have studied particle physics. but its a favorite topic of mine.)

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, September 5th, 2008 @ 06:36 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I had no idea Einstein had a theory of gravitation. The only ones I have heard are Newton's and Dr. Hans Neiper's. "Centripital accelleration", sounds like a vortex to me and if this is right we should look to Viktor Schauberger. The real reason the mass estimations for the galaxy do not match the centrifual forces which one would counterbalance them is that gravity is not a pull or attraction, it is a push. Check Newton, he tells us how gravity works but not what it is. Nieper points out that matter shields gravity, absorbs it and converts it to other radiations (Bremsstrahlen), as well as plain old heat, as well as coverts some into matter. Dark matter is thus transmuted aether energy. It doesn't make sense to consider gravity as a push at first but when you think about it, there are very few ways to prove whether it is a push or pull. About the only way is when planets or heavenly bodies line up. One would think gravity increases along the line of the bodies but, in fact, it decreases along those lines. The mass of those bodies has absorbed some gravity which is really the same as aether energy. We all know Einstein opposed aether, no matter what concessions he may have made. Three generations of physicists have concerned themselves with proving Einstein right. This is why we are now in an energy dark age.

If this is right then dark matter as well as aether should be in constant agitation (Zitterbewegnung). This hypothesis is testable if an example of dark matter could be found.

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 16th, 2005 @ 08:00 AM
    Subrace
    Dinarid-UP-Kelt Nordid-Alpinid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Occupation
    Public sector
    Politics
    Misanthrope
    Religion
    None
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have read a lot about the possible mathematical flaws in special relativity. At the same time, I do think that the ether idea was laid to rest by the Michelson-Morley experiment of the late 19th century, as well as other experimental evidence and theoretical objections. Maybe some third paradigm is in order.

Last Online
    Friday, October 21st, 2005 @ 11:04 PM
    Subrace
    Corded/Balkanoid UP
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Politics
    Nutzi
    Religion
    Agnostic!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Maybe the galaxies do not fall apart because some other 'sort' of 'gravity' holds them together, or perhaps we can only see the three dimensions of a galaxy, but, what if it exists in more than one 'reality', sort of like we're seeing a flag waving, but we're not aware of the wind.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, September 5th, 2008 @ 06:36 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Post Dark Matter Mystery

Von Braun, Michelson-Morley was designed on the premise that ether was matter (very fine matter in the ancient Greek sense). I believe ether is energy. Some others like Karl Schappeller as explained by Cyril Daves, explain ether as matter or energy, depending on the situation, somewhat like photons. Dr. Neiper sees ether as energy which is converted into other energies or matter as it strikes matter or is slowed down (Bremsestrahlen). Ether has made a big come back among alternative and cold fusion physicists.