Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 519196979899100101
Results 1,001 to 1,004 of 1004

Thread: Which Skadi Members Do You Miss?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    2 Days Ago @ 12:00 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    British/German/French
    Country
    Canada Canada
    State
    Ontario Ontario
    Stuff & building Folk Faith
    Politics
    Ethno-Nationalist
    Religion
    Folk Faith PaganChristianUU
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Siebenbürgerin View Post
    While your idea about unifying Germanic faiths is an interesting one, one of the advantages of Skadi in addition to the multitude of political ideologies is the religious freedom. Not everybody considers spirituality an ideological matter, for some peoples it's mostly or purely a personal matter. Some peoples don't like organised religion to begin with, and considering many churches nowadays have gone politically correct, not everyone is involved in attending specific religious services. I'm not only talking about the Christian churches, but also of Pagan organisations (like Heathens against Hate and others similar, who have adopted politically correct beliefs). In addition, other peoples don't subscribe to a particular faith. Yes, many users are Pagans or Christians, but we've a lot of agnostics and atheistic members as well. But despite some differences in beliefs, we're all here because of a common one, Germanic preservation. In my view, a free Germanics state shouldn't impose a specific spiritual belief but should allow religious freedom for Germanics. Folk spiritual traditions and beliefs can differ from region to region and person to person, the only common denominator should be a compatibility with Germanic preservationism.

In my view, the system on Skadi has always worked well because of the libertarian and free speech policies of the administration. They provided Skadi as a platform for discussion and don't impose a specific ideology or spirituality. That has given the chance for more Germanics to be incorporated, including those who have adopted less common faiths. For example we've even had Germanic Buddhists as members, as well as Germanics who adopted a syncretic type of spirituality.
    Thank you for your informative post.

I'd like to state that I'm not calling for our people to submit to a new combined faith. I'm simply suggesting a new faith be created for our countries and people; moreover, that we simply reform our nominal national churches. Everyone should have the freedom to choose. Those who commit to the new faith should strategize by forming a lobby group that will target the Church of England, Church of Scotland, Lutheran churches (which we intend to rename "The German Church" (for the branches which accept the transition)) to reform themselves so that they represent our nations and people (similar to how Judaism represents Israel and the Jewish people). Otherwise, we'll just remain divided ad infinitum (i.e. the 40 thousand denominations of Christianity, the many denominations of Germanic Paganism, the agnostics, the deists, etc.), and feckless.

You know, I notice most of the Injuns/Aboriginal/Native/Indigenous/First Nations people of North America will call themselves both Pagan (of their Gods) and Christian. We are technically Second Nations Peoples. You, however, ARE the First Nations/Indigenous/Native/Aboriginal Peoples of Europe.

Christianity to them (the Injuns), aside from genuine interest/belief, is like having a seat at the United Nations. While they may complain about how our ancestors, during Colonialism, attempted to convert them all (and many of them want reparation$ for that), these same people may call themselves Christian (or part Christian) at another venue.

I think this is strategic and one of the goals of our community should be to do the same (embrace our old European Gods and Christianity, AS WELL AS our people and nations).
    We need a reservation system for our people and our own ethnic-nationalist faith, where we'll have sermons about our people and nations, real history, science, philosophy, etc., in addition to our older religions. Throw in some open bar nights, comedy club hours, music and dance, etc., and it'll be a cracker barrel of good times lol.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to John Smithwick For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 12:24 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Jutland
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Schleswig-Holstein Schleswig-Holstein
    Zodiac Sign
    Taurus
    Family
    Widowed
    Politics
    cons. old fashion worker class
    Religion
    Philosophical Archaic Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by SaxonPagan View Post
    I've just been reading some old posts by Mouse Shadow.

I found her hilarious at times
    What does "hilarious" mean ?

The hell's Hellas hills are Arianne's Arijans ?

Quote Originally Posted by John Smithwick
    I think this is strategic and one of the goals of our community should be to do the same (embrace our old European Gods and Christianity, AS WELL AS our people and nations).
    Unfortunately , that would mean Astronomy and Astrology ;

and in our times some statistics by employers concerning dates of births would be helpfull ....

Mk 10:18 What do you call me a good master, no-one is good .

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Uwe Jens Lornsen For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European American
    Ancestry
    United Kingdom, Czechoslovakia, Netherlands, Germany, France
    mtDNA
    H1c12
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Florida Florida
    Aries
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    Folkish Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe Jens Lornsen View Post
    What does "hilarious" mean ?

The hell's Hellas hills are Arianne's Arijans ?
    "hilarious" means "very funny" "comical"

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elizabeth For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 12:24 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Jutland
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Schleswig-Holstein Schleswig-Holstein
    Zodiac Sign
    Taurus
    Family
    Widowed
    Politics
    cons. old fashion worker class
    Religion
    Philosophical Archaic Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    "hilarious" means "very funny" "comical"
    I would probably type it with a fast 'l' , as hillarious .... ?
    Mk 10:18 What do you call me a good master, no-one is good .