Northwestern European Ancestry
    Country
    United States United States
    Gemini
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Why did you gain so much weight eating like that? Tons of pasta and bread?

Senior Member Preußischer_Schatten's Avatar
    Last Online
    Tuesday, December 27th, 2005 @ 11:06 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No. I said I was eating balanced. Perhapes my metabolism slowed down considerably because of lack of proper nutrition, maybe it was hormones...maybe I'm already hitting my physical prime...lol
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple. Modern life would be very tedious if it were either, and modern literature a complete impossibility!"
    -Algernon “The Importance of Being Earnest”

“If you leave the smallest corner of your head vacant for a moment, other people's opinions will rush in from all quarters.”
    - George Bernard Shaw

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move."
    -Douglas Adams

"If Thou Presumeth to Flirt with Spirts, Thou Shalt Join them" Der Freischutz

:runaway - Oh Noez!!

Last Online
    Saturday, July 14th, 2007 @ 10:32 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Some rambling observations,

I have been vegetarian (of sorts) for many many years now, and trust me, I am not scrawny. I obtain the necessary protein requirement from milk, cheese, eggs, and the occasional fish when I catch it.

Milk based (whey) proteins have a far superior biological value than meat, and the fact that we Northerners exhibit nearly uniform lactose tolerance tells me that we have adapted to it to a significant extent (ie, we have evolved already to a suitable alternative to meat, from a general NW European perspective)

I find the example of silverback gorillas interesting also, in that they can maintain a massive lean biomass on their purely vegetarian diet, so there is more to it than simply protein in/protein out regardless of species, it is our programming on what our bodies wants to do with consumed protein imo.

Anyway, point being that one can remain very healthy on a vegetarian diet (if one should choose to adhere to such a regime for either philosophical or nutritional science reasons, or both) Vegan diets are another matter altogether, and are naught but hippy-chic onanism AFAIAC.

Here is an interesting discussion on the modern implications of the paleolilthic diet
    and here is the phD paper an old associate of mine Greg did on his "wheat = opiate addiction" theory (damned leptosexuals and their agriculture

Whatever the case, I do not believe that red meat is a healthy OR practical source of useable protein (as I said before, it's biological availability is actually low) and it's overconsumption leads to many health problems (our digestive tract can't cope with non-fibrous foods such as it for starters)
    I think that a milk/vegetable/nuts/omega3 fish/root vegetable diet (as long as it adheres to the "nutrient dense, kilojoule poor" pattern) is one well worth considering seriously, and is probably the way to go if you can go "cold turkey" on your wheat addiction (as postulated by Herr Wadley above) and stick to it over time.

ps-Keep in mind also that although fruit is very good for us, unlike other primates our liver only stores enough enzyme to metabolize 40 or 50 gms of fructose at a time, which is why only 2-3 serves of fruit are recommended p/day for humans. We can also only reasonably utilize 50-60gms of protein at a time, hence bodybuilders having many smaller protein infusions. rather than several wasteful large ones.

pps-but after having written all that, redmeat consumption HAS played a part in our society, so I can not rationally say that it will/should not play a further part. I merely argue the overwhelmingly numerous positives to the paleolithic alternative.

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SURT
    Some rambling observations,

I have been vegetarian (of sorts) for many many years now, and trust me, I am not scrawny. I obtain the necessary protein requirement from milk, cheese, eggs, and the occasional fish when I catch it.

Milk based (whey) proteins have a far superior biological value than meat, and the fact that we Northerners exhibit nearly uniform lactose tolerance tells me that we have adapted to it to a significant extent (ie, we have evolved already to a suitable alternative to meat, from a general NW European perspective)

I find the example of silverback gorillas interesting also, in that they can maintain a massive lean biomass on their purely vegetarian diet, so there is more to it than simply protein in/protein out regardless of species, it is our programming on what our bodies wants to do with consumed protein imo.

Anyway, point being that one can remain very healthy on a vegetarian diet (if one should choose to adhere to such a regime for either philosophical or nutritional science reasons, or both) Vegan diets are another matter altogether, and are naught but hippy-chic onanism AFAIAC.

Here is an interesting discussion on the modern implications of the paleolilthic diet
    and here is the phD paper an old associate of mine Greg did on his "wheat = opiate addiction" theory (damned leptosexuals and their agriculture

Whatever the case, I do not believe that red meat is a healthy OR practical source of useable protein (as I said before, it's biological availability is actually low) and it's overconsumption leads to many health problems (our digestive tract can't cope with non-fibrous foods such as it for starters)
    I think that a milk/vegetable/nuts/omega3 fish/root vegetable diet (as long as it adheres to the "nutrient dense, kilojoule poor" pattern) is one well worth considering seriously, and is probably the way to go if you can go "cold turkey" on your wheat addiction (as postulated by Herr Wadley above) and stick to it over time.

ps-Keep in mind also that although fruit is very good for us, unlike other primates our liver only stores enough enzyme to metabolize 40 or 50 gms of fructose at a time, which is why only 2-3 serves of fruit are recommended p/day for humans. We can also only reasonably utilize 50-60gms of protein at a time, hence bodybuilders having many smaller protein infusions. rather than several wasteful large ones.

pps-but after having written all that, redmeat consumption HAS played a part in our society, so I can not rationally say that it will/should not play a further part. I merely argue the overwhelmingly numerous positives to the paleolithic alternative.
    That is true now that I think about it, in the law of biology, the producers have the most nutritional value, the value lowers as that nutrition passes from one consumer to another.

As far as dairy goes, the quality of the dairy depends on who you get it from. I suppose the US is the only place that practices the use of Growth Hormones which end up causing bacterial infections to the cow and then they give the cow anti-biotics....well...you see where I'm going with this. I'm not anti-milk or anything, it's just important to make sure you know what is done to the cow it's coming from before you consume it.

I want to add though that the protien in meat (or fish) is nessecary to some extent, you don't need to eat it all the time but it is different from any other protien you yet.

Anyway, point taken...lol forgot about fish there.
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple. Modern life would be very tedious if it were either, and modern literature a complete impossibility!"

“If you leave the smallest corner of your head vacant for a moment, other people's opinions will rush in from all quarters.”
    - George Bernard Shaw

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move."
    -Douglas Adams

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    2 Days Ago @ 11:16 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts
    On the whole topiC;

The human was designed to be an omnivore, and shall remain such.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Monday, January 17th, 2011 @ 12:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Politics
    Traditionalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The only reason you will need NOT TO GO VEGITARIAN...

Steak and Kidney Pie

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 2nd, 2010 @ 02:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I don't get you Vegans. I like too much meat and porkery. What would be a life without Pork? :runaway
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

« -Oh my God, but you're a neo-nazi?!...
    -But why neo? »

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd
    On the whole topiC;

The human was designed to be an omnivore, and shall remain such.
    You know...that pretty much sums it up

- George Bernard Shaw

-Douglas Adams

Last Online
    Sunday, November 11th, 2007 @ 11:53 PM
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid? + East-Baltid?
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Occupation
    Historical Costumer
    Politics
    NS leanings
    Religion
    Folkish Norse Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    hehe...I found out quite recently that my first solid food was Caribou liver! Meat is good!

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The most interesting meat I've had lol is Bavarian Meatloaf.

I haven't had any of this kidney etc stuff. I'll try it sometime though.

- George Bernard Shaw

-Douglas Adams

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast