Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Religion
    Hindu - Shakta
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    No, my reasons are spiritual and I also believe the meat industry is inhumane and causes deforestation and too much cattle destroying the Ozone with their s***. Fowl and veal are treated in ways which make Stalin look like Mr. Rogers. I am a pisco-vegetarian, I allow seafood, eggs, and milk.
    SVMDEVSSVMCAESARSVMCAELVMETINFERNVM

Last Online
    Sunday, November 11th, 2007 @ 11:53 PM
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid? + East-Baltid?
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Occupation
    Historical Costumer
    Politics
    NS leanings
    Religion
    Folkish Norse Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Go veggie to save the population and the environment? Why not just get rid of the overpopulation!
    I agree with most of the answers on this thread. As to not eating meat for spiritual reasons I can't agree. Long ago I knew some hari krishnas who explained to me their reasons for not eating meat, not wanting to eat "lesser" beings for fear they will be reincarnated as beasts. I feel exactly the opposite- I eat meat out of respect for animals. I have learned much from animals in my life, to take the "form" of an animal is to learn their wisdom. To refuse to eat meat would be an insult to them and nature, thumbing my nose at the natural food chain. Ideally we would eat humanly raised (that is a misnomer as they are animals and should not be threated like humans much less better than) "healthy" (no hormones/antibiotics etc) meat in moderate amounts (we don't need as much as most first world people eat and we would need less if the rest of what we were eating was right). There can be times when not eating meat or even fasting can be necessary to do certain magical work for some. Though I find eating a large dose of meat before and after serious magical work is best for me (the saga where the volva eats organ meat before doing seithe for the community rings very true to me). I respect people who don't eat meat just because their bodies feel better without it. I, on the other hand, start to feel faint if I go without red meat for a couple of days:-) I think that blood makes a difference in what it is "right" for us to eat, thousands of years of ancestors being formed by the available food and making food choices based on what fulfilled dietary needs (they didn't need doctors to tell them what to eat!) I shutter to think what we are doing to ourselves on an evolutionary level by eating all of the processed chemical filled food we do. I have a friend who is vegan (for moral reasons eyes: ) and she keeps her son vegan too. It is sad, he is the smallest 7year old I have ever seen, he could easily pass for 5.

Last Online
    Saturday, April 4th, 2009 @ 02:47 AM
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Subrace
    Nordid/Atlantid.
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Massachusetts Massachusetts
    Family
    Single, looking
    Occupation
    Looking
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Religion
    Hindu - Shakta
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I definitely agree forcing your kid to have a Vegan (loony) diet is pure stupidity. People should obey dietary restrictions only if it is of their own free-will. As for meat eating in this day and age being respectful to animals, I only agree if the animals are hunted, slaughtered quickly and easily, and allowed to be free-range animals. Otherwise it is extremely "inhumane" considering that chickens are kept in 8'' by 11'' cages given no sunlight or exercise. Same too goes for veal.

Even the way non-organic milk is collected is quite inhumane considering that the cows are injected with hormones and soulless machines do the milking.

Last Online
    Tuesday, July 22nd, 2008 @ 12:40 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No, my reasons are spiritual and I also believe the meat industry is inhumane and causes deforestation
    I agree the meat industry is inhumane. Cattle there live in filth and are fed filth...so instead of calling for a stop to meat eating simply do not support them. Buy meat from free range sources, or groups like the Amish who do not keep their animals in such conditions,and instead of feeding them paint chips and their own dead, they are allowed to graze (no pesiticides).

and too much cattle destroying the Ozone with their s***.
    That is complete and utter myth. Termites produce far more methane that cows, for crying out loud eyes: Should we go on a crusade to kill off termites then? It's scapegoating, pure and simple.

I am a pisco-vegetarian, I allow seafood, eggs, and milk.
    And I am sure fishing boats that completely sweep clean the ocean floor, bringing up catch as large a dolphins are far more humane. And about milk, I certainly hope that's not store bought milk I come from a farming family, and what they feed cows now in large scale dairy farms is not pretty. They've recently taken to mixing paint chips into the feed in order to cut costs. It causes the cows to live two years instead of the average life span, it causes bleeding at the nostrals and mouth, and damages the stomach. Just think how healthy your milk will be after that Free range is the only way to go for the conscious person.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Subrace
    Nordid/Atlantid.
    Country
    State
    Family
    Single, looking
    Occupation
    Looking
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Religion
    Hindu - Shakta
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlette
    That is complete and utter myth. Termites produce far more methane that cows, for crying out loud eyes: Should we go on a crusade to kill off termites then? It's scapegoating, pure and simple.
    Evidence please?

Last Online
    Thursday, November 8th, 2018 @ 05:17 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Other Other
    student
    Politics
    Irish Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I like meat too much. Way too much. Part of me would die without it...

Last Online
    Monday, June 25th, 2012 @ 11:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I would love to be a veggie, but I'm too weak.
    I just love bacon rolls, doner kebabs, fried chicken, pepperoni pizzas, lamb and mint sauce to name but a few.
    It may sound soft and naive, but I saw a programme the other evening about a family who were trying to live self-sufficiently, and they had to choose 4 pigs from about 10, to take to slaughter.
    The chosen pigs were put in a truck with the same food they had been eating seconds ago in the sty, and they carried on eating, completely oblivious that they'd just been sentenced to slaughter.
    I felt awful. But at least they had lived free range...
    When I contemplate the meat Industry, I do feel guilty about my omnivorism.

Last Online
    Thursday, March 16th, 2006 @ 03:02 PM
    Subrace
    Ingvaeonic
    Country
    England England
    Politics
    Pan-Germanic
    Religion
    Lofgeornost
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The following is disturbing:

Superbugs found in chicken survey
    Significant numbers of chickens on sale in UK shops are contaminated with superbugs, a scientific survey commissioned by BBC One's Real Story suggests.
    Of the British-grown chickens analysed, over half were contaminated with multi-drug resistant E.coli which is immune to the effects of three or more antibiotics.

More than a third of the 147 samples, which included overseas and UK produced chicken, had E.coli germs resistant to the important antibiotic Trimethaprim which is used to treat bladder infections.

The Health Protection Agency scientists testing the meat also found 12 chickens had antibiotic resistant Campylobacter.

And VRE, or Vancomycin Resistant Enteroccci, were in 1 in 25 of the samples, although more tests would be needed to confirm the exact type of the bug found.

REAL STORY:
    Monday, 15 August 2005
    BBC ONE, 1930 BST

No organic chickens were used - 64 were from the UK and 83 from abroad.
    The survey's results could partly explain a rise in the number of women whose bladder infections did not respond to standard treatments, a medical expert told the programme.

Dr Mike Millar, the head of Infection Control at St Barts Hospital in London, said: "Potentially this is very worrying.

"We've known for years there've been outbreaks of bladder infections in different parts of the world but we haven't really known where the germs have been coming from.

"Potentially food could be a source."

In worst cases, bladder infections could lead to kidney damage and the need for renal dialysis, he said.

Anna Sawkins, who suffered from recurrent bladder infections caused by E.coli, told Real Story how she "went back to the doctors hundreds of times and nothing was getting any better".

According to the latest figures, British animals consume 15 tonnes of Trimethaprim a year.

However, the Health Protection Agency says the main reason E.coli has become resistant to the drugs we use to treat bladder infections is the high use of antibiotics in humans.

Campylobacters

The World Health Organisation has named antibiotic resistance as one of three major threats for the future.

Responding to the Real Story survey, leading WHO scientist Stuart Levy said: "Attention should be given to how antibiotics are used in animals so as to better treat them - but also to protect the spread of antibiotic resistant bacteria from the farms into the cities and into the people."

Bacteria in chicken is killed if the meat is cooked properly and hygienically but one in three people in the UK get food poisoning each year - and the most common cause of food poisoning is the bug Campylobacter.

Dr Caroline Willis, who led the team testing the chickens, said: "In terms of antibiotic resistance, about a quarter of the Campylobacters that we found were resistant to one or other of the antibiotics commonly used to treat it."

There's overwhelming evidence that the main reason for antibiotic resistance in humans is because of the antibiotics prescribed for us rather than animals
    British Poultry Council
    With regards to the VRE found in the samples, the Health Protection Agency recognised the problem but pointed out that although VRE in chickens can lead to VRE in the human gut, it mainly only affects people already ill in hospital.
    The British Poultry Council disputed the validity of the survey, saying it was not detailed enough and that previous research pointed to lower levels of antibiotic resistance in chicken.

Spokesman Darren Pearson said: "There's overwhelming evidence that the main reason for antibiotic resistance in humans is because of the antibiotics prescribed for us rather than animals.

"It doesn't mean to say it's not possible for antibiotic resistance to be transferred from animals to man but I think you've got to focus on where the main concern lies." Real Story: - BBC ONE on Monday 15 August at 1930 BST.

Source:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ry/4142486.stm
    A people which takes no pride in the noble achievements of remote ancestors
    will never achieve anything worthy to be remembered with pride by remote descendents.

Lord Macauley

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    4 Days Ago @ 06:11 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Skåne and North Frisia
    Country
    Iceland Iceland
    In a steady relationship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan y Gwallt Du
    Hitler was a vegetarian. He routinely referred to chicken soup as "corpse tea."
    I join late, I now, but I have to say something to this topic, too.

First, of course, to the fact mentioned above: Yes, Hitler was probably a vegetarian - and what a healthy one! He suffered from dental caries, had gastric problems, arteries hardening, flatulence, amyotrophy of coronary vessel and so on. If this is the result of vegetarian nutrition - no, thank you.

Furthermore it's simply not naturally for human beings to live vegetarian. Meat is the most important source for protein for us, nothing can replace it at our menu.

Of course, the modern meat industry is horrible, the treatment of animals is horrible, but you mustn't become a vegetarian to not support this. Buy your meat at your local famer or at least at a butcher you trust in. Just don't go into the next supermarket and buy a sausage made from a poor animal that has been transported 400 miles alive, penned up with 300 other animals in a way to small truck, without any thing to drink and eat.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Subrace
    Nordid/Atlantid.
    Country
    State
    Family
    Single, looking
    Occupation
    Looking
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Religion
    Hindu - Shakta
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Primates (chimps more specifically) our closest relative sharing 99.9% of our genes can live perfectly healthy on a vegetarian diet.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast