Occupation
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Re: AW: Phenotypical elements in North-Italy :

Quote Originally Posted by Insidiator
    When i visit South-Italy, i see a lot of Alpine or Dinaric Italians there. Of course, in the North are much more Nordic, dinaric, or Alpinid Italians. Sometimes i cant see any Difference between North-Italy or Austria
    That support my view that I don't see much difference between North Italians, Swiss and South German people here.

Last Online
    Monday, February 19th, 2007 @ 08:06 PM
    Subrace
    Atlantid/Cromagnid
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Here
    That support my view that I don't see much difference between North Italians, Swiss and South German people here.
    Indeed. I think this way too.

Don't Worry, Be Herac

Last Online
    Monday, May 3rd, 2010 @ 07:45 PM
    Subrace
    Padanian
    Occupation
    Unknown
    Politics
    Isolationism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Re: Phenotypical elements in North-Italy :

no, i'm also part Spanish (Galician), Irish and Swiss-French. I'm like 32,5% Italian (three great-grandparents ).

Anyway, grow in Buenos Aires, be raise by an Italian grandparent, and speak Italian. Make you feel 100%.

Italian is the most common heritage here. well, I guess you should know that I mean Bastituta, Veleria Mazza, Zanetti... and the list go on... What other Argentines are famous over there?
    Many many Argentinians are famous here, i remember for example in sports Diego Dominguez (rugby) and Manu Ginobili (Basketball)

Sometimes is just hard to remember their names because many of them look perfectly Italian and some even opted for Italian citizenship for their sport career.

But i always guessed that Spanish is the first heritage in Argentina and that Italian came only second..i was wrong?

"E tutti si scandalizzano quando sentono dire: quel tale tipo di mammifero o di uccello ormai è sparito dalla faccia della terra, non lo vedremo più; è una grave perdita. Certo, si tratta di gravissime perdite.
    Ma non sarebbe forse più grave se sparisse una comunità umana?? --Bruno Salvadori

Seven pictures of northern European males and seven pictures of northern African males were presented randomly via a computer screen to 82 Italian female undergraduates of the University of Padua, Italy.
    Each picture depicted a full frontal face with a neutral facial expression. Participants were asked to classify each picture as either northern Italian or southern Italian.
    On average, the seven pictures depicting northern Europeans were classified as northern Italians 81% of the time. The seven pictures depicting northern Africans were classified as southern Italians 83%
    of the time.

Last Online
    Subrace
    Padanian
    Occupation
    Unknown
    Politics
    Isolationism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Insidiator
    When i visit South-Italy, i see a lot of Alpine or Dinaric Italians there. Of course, in the North are much more Nordic, dinaric, or Alpinid Italians. Sometimes i cant see any Difference between North-Italy or Austria
    I wouldn't go that far but..still it's amazing how sometimes people are proudly pro-Nordic and/or pro-Germanic and get upset while somebody criticizes them, but in the same time they are so arrogant to think they got the right to dismiss the differences between Northern and Southern Italians...

"E tutti si scandalizzano quando sentono dire: quel tale tipo di mammifero o di uccello ormai è sparito dalla faccia della terra, non lo vedremo più; è una grave perdita. Certo, si tratta di gravissime perdite.
    Ma non sarebbe forse più grave se sparisse una comunità umana?? --Bruno Salvadori

Seven pictures of northern European males and seven pictures of northern African males were presented randomly via a computer screen to 82 Italian female undergraduates of the University of Padua, Italy.
    Each picture depicted a full frontal face with a neutral facial expression. Participants were asked to classify each picture as either northern Italian or southern Italian.
    On average, the seven pictures depicting northern Europeans were classified as northern Italians 81% of the time. The seven pictures depicting northern Africans were classified as southern Italians 83%
    of the time.

Last Online
    Saturday, March 31st, 2007 @ 11:19 PM
    Single
    Occupation
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gesta Bellica
    I wouldn't go that far but..still it's amazing how sometimes people are proudly pro-Nordic and/or pro-Germanic and get upset while somebody criticizes them, but in the same time they are so arrogant to think they got the right to dismiss the differences between Northern and Southern Italians...
    Nope, Argentinians are 30 million of those 10 million have Spanish heritage (mostly Baque and Galician) and 13 million Italian. After them, without a doubt come Germans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian...alian_Diaspora

""Argentines are a fusion of groups of various national and ethnic origins, the most predominant of these being the descendants of Spanish (settlers from both the colonial era and 19th and early 20th century), Italian (19th and early 20th century) and German (19th and early 20th century) immigrants.""

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Argentina

""The majority of immigrants, since the 19th century, came from Europe, mostly from Spain and Italy, but with a substantial influx of British and Germans. Also notable were Jewish immigrants escaping persecution. Between 1860 and 1930, newcomers from Spain and Italy countries accounted for 80% of the total immigration. [1] The total population of Argentina rose from 4 million in 1895 to 7.9 million in 1914, and to 15.8 million in 1947; during this time the country was settled by 1.5 million Italians and 1.4 million Spaniards, as well as Poles, Russians, French (more than 100,000 each), Germans, Portuguese, Yugoslavians, Czechs, British, and people from many other countries.""

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_in_Argentina

I hope it helps you. Does it?

Last Online
    Subrace
    Padanian
    Occupation
    Unknown
    Politics
    Isolationism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nope, Argentinians are 30 million of those 10 million have Spanish heritage (mostly Baque and Galician) and 13 million Italian. After them, without a doubt come Germans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian...alian_Diaspora

""Argentines are a fusion of groups of various national and ethnic origins, the most predominant of these being the descendants of Spanish (settlers from both the colonial era and 19th and early 20th century), Italian (19th and early 20th century) and German (19th and early 20th century) immigrants.""

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Argentina

""The majority of immigrants, since the 19th century, came from Europe, mostly from Spain and Italy, but with a substantial influx of British and Germans. Also notable were Jewish immigrants escaping persecution. Between 1860 and 1930, newcomers from Spain and Italy countries accounted for 80% of the total immigration. [1] The total population of Argentina rose from 4 million in 1895 to 7.9 million in 1914, and to 15.8 million in 1947; during this time the country was settled by 1.5 million Italians and 1.4 million Spaniards, as well as Poles, Russians, French (more than 100,000 each), Germans, Portuguese, Yugoslavians, Czechs, British, and people from many other countries.""

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_in_Argentina

I hope it helps you. Does it?
    it definitely does

so Italians emigrants in Argentina were more than Spaniards.. really interesting, thanx for the links!

of the time.

Tyrsson

Quote Originally Posted by RedJack

Who is this sweetheart and when can we expect some pics of her to appear in the realm of the senses?
    Yeh, who is she ?...... anyone?

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, September 11th, 2008 @ 09:35 PM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Paganist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrsson

Another who falled in love...........?

Last Online
    Sunday, July 16th, 2006 @ 11:43 AM
    Subrace
    Other
    "Politicians are the bankers' waiters" -E. Pound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrsson
    She is Flavia Vento (born in Rome, if I recall correctly - this would make her more a central Italian than a northern one).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FlaviaB_jpg.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	64162   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01_jpg.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	64163  
    E tu onore di pianti, Ettore, avrai,
    ove fia santo e lagrimato il sangue
    per la patria versato, e finché il Sole
    risplenderà su le sciagure umane.

Last Online
    Saturday, February 8th, 2020 @ 03:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    Katarinensische
    Subrace
    Dinarid
    Family
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Severino is tipically Napolitanian (S), but also found in Lombardia.(N)

SEVERINO

u Il cognome è tipicamente napoletano (Napoli e Boscoreale si contendono la frequenza percentuale più alta), ma è una variante della forma principale Severi, presente maggiormente nelle regioni del centro-nord: in Emilia Romagna e in Toscana. Il cognome origina dai nomi propri Severo e Severino ed è la prosecuzione del cognomen latino Severus (imperatori romani di origine africana). Il nome - proprio perché richiamava virtù di austerità e moderazione - venne ripreso in età cristiana e promosso dalla devozione ad alcuni santi, tra cui S. Severo, vescovo di Ravenna e S. Severino, eremita del V secolo sepolto a Napoli. Particolarmente venerati nell’Italia meridionale, questi santi divennero patroni di molte località che in seguito da loro presero il nome (S. Severo in provincia di Foggia e San Severino Rota in provincia di Salerno).

u É um sobrenome tipicamente napolitano (Nápoli e Boscoreale detêm a freqüência mais alta), mas é uma variação da forma principal Severi, presente principalmente nas regiões do centro-norte: na Emília Romanha e na Toscana. O sobrenome vem dos nomes próprios Severo e Severino, originários do latim Severus (imperadores romanos de origem africana). O nome - justamente por evocavar virtudes de austeridade e moderação - é retomado na era cristã, e promovido pela devoção a alguns santos, entre eles São Severo, bispo de Ravena, e São Severino, eremita do V século, sepultado em Nápoles. Particularmente venerados na Itália do Sul, estes santos tornazram-se padroeiros de muitos lugares que, em seguida, assumiram o nome (São Severo, na província de Fogia, e São Severino Rota, na província de Salerno).¥

http://www.insieme.com.br/portal/con...707&parent=202
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast