Occupation
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Re: Phenotypical elements in North-Italy :

Quote Originally Posted by dazed&confused
    if you see people looking like this guy in Milan, they are most likely of southern descent

although born in Naples, that actor is surprisingly of northern origin, or at least, his surname is.

What surnames are Southern Italian and which ones Northern Italian?

Just asking because half of the surnames in Buenos Aires are Italian but I don't know the relation between the different types and the regions. Except that surnames like Palermo, Trapani, Milano are obviously from there lol.

I have some in my family too (what Argentine doesn't lol).

Last Online
    Saturday, March 31st, 2007 @ 11:49 PM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    Naturalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: AW: Phenotypical elements in North-Italy :

Quote Originally Posted by Insidiator
    And the most beautiful Girl from Italy is She

Allow me to disagree:

That people breed with those they find attractive within their own ethnic population is all the eugenics I think is necessary. - Milesian

Last Online
    Monday, February 19th, 2007 @ 08:06 PM
    Subrace
    Atlantid/Cromagnid
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: AW: Phenotypical elements in North-Italy :

Quote Originally Posted by Manji
    Allow me to disagree:

Well, Monica Bellucci is hour concours... ~

Don't Worry, Be Herac

.....for a white Europe
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, March 17th, 2007 @ 06:24 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid/Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Family
    Körbchengröße G
    Occupation
    being Nazi, playing Hatecore
    Politics
    Worldfascism
    Religion
    Alyssa Milano
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

AW: Phenotypical elements in North-Italy :

Lets make a Thread with a Poll about the most beautiful Italian or South-European Woman

I am shure that Alyssa will win

www.fw.nationales-netz.com

Nachrichten, Demoberichte, CD-Besprechungen, Interviews, Männerkalender, tägliche Kolumne

Last Online
    Monday, May 3rd, 2010 @ 07:45 PM
    Subrace
    Padanian
    Occupation
    Unknown
    Politics
    Isolationism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Herac
    Indeed. I really can't differ people of venetian ancestry and of austrian ancestry here. Veneto once had a mass migration of bavarians and austrians, that's why we found so much common elements on these two nations.

I just choose the first women I remembered, some famous ones. It was not give the impression that "northern-italian-brazilians" are lighter or something. You walk in the streets of my neighbourhood and you see those elements; you go to little towns here in the mountains and you see girls with that face.

I don't know really why, but people here of venetian ancestry looks like that. But I agree that the atlantid element is more present, for sure.

In the attachment, you can see a pic of 4 ex-classmates of mine in our graduation. These four girls are of venetian ancestry (from left to right: surname Baroni, Borghetti, Biazus and Pilau).

I've dated with them once, the four (obviously one by one, considering I've studied with them during 5 years, it's not that much... and I'm not don Juan yet ).

Hey guy, i was writing harsh words about the situation in (Northern) Brazil but if the South looks like that i would really love to come back in your country...
    Can you suggest me some cities where people are in the biggest majority of European heritage?

Thanx

"E tutti si scandalizzano quando sentono dire: quel tale tipo di mammifero o di uccello ormai è sparito dalla faccia della terra, non lo vedremo più; è una grave perdita. Certo, si tratta di gravissime perdite.
    Ma non sarebbe forse più grave se sparisse una comunità umana?? --Bruno Salvadori

Seven pictures of northern European males and seven pictures of northern African males were presented randomly via a computer screen to 82 Italian female undergraduates of the University of Padua, Italy.
    Each picture depicted a full frontal face with a neutral facial expression. Participants were asked to classify each picture as either northern Italian or southern Italian.
    On average, the seven pictures depicting northern Europeans were classified as northern Italians 81% of the time. The seven pictures depicting northern Africans were classified as southern Italians 83%
    of the time.

Last Online
    Subrace
    Padanian
    Occupation
    Unknown
    Politics
    Isolationism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Here
    What surnames are Southern Italian and which ones Northern Italian?

Just asking because half of the surnames in Buenos Aires are Italian but I don't know the relation between the different types and the regions. Except that surnames like Palermo, Trapani, Milano are obviously from there lol.

I have some in my family too (what Argentine doesn't lol).

Give us some example of Italian surnames and we will tell you which ones are typically Northern or Southern Italians and which ones are spread nationwide
    By the way.. in Italy people think that people that have a surname with the name of a city (like the ones you mentioned) have jewish origins..because Italian jews used to identify themselves with the city community of residence

"E tutti si scandalizzano quando sentono dire: quel tale tipo di mammifero o di uccello ormai è sparito dalla faccia della terra, non lo vedremo più; è una grave perdita. Certo, si tratta di gravissime perdite.
    Ma non sarebbe forse più grave se sparisse una comunità umana?? --Bruno Salvadori

Seven pictures of northern European males and seven pictures of northern African males were presented randomly via a computer screen to 82 Italian female undergraduates of the University of Padua, Italy.
    Each picture depicted a full frontal face with a neutral facial expression. Participants were asked to classify each picture as either northern Italian or southern Italian.
    On average, the seven pictures depicting northern Europeans were classified as northern Italians 81% of the time. The seven pictures depicting northern Africans were classified as southern Italians 83%
    of the time.

Bloodhound
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Herac
    IYou walk in the streets of my neighbourhood and you see those elements;
    I don't doubt there can be people like these, I just think calling them typical was a bit far fetched, as far as it goes for northern italy at least.
    Maybe some selected regions?
    Anyway, it contradicts my experience, I would like to read some more though
    Last edited by Jäger; Wednesday, March 22nd, 2006 at 10:47 AM.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Last Online
    Saturday, March 31st, 2007 @ 11:19 PM
    Single
    Occupation
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gesta Bellica
    Give us some example of Italian surnames and we will tell you which ones are typically Northern or Southern Italians and which ones are spread nationwide
    By the way.. in Italy people think that people that have a surname with the name of a city (like the ones you mentioned) have jewish origins..because Italian jews used to identify themselves with the city community of residence

Really? I didn't know that. Anyway, good date!. Ok, I gotta go in 10 minutes but I guess I could give a list of all the surnames that come to my mind in this moment, I'll add a few more when I come back:

Let's see:

Zampini, Santaniello, Frisone, Repetto, Brunetti, Benedetto, Cardinalli, Apreda, Giancarlo, Ricci (such a common surname here), Rughetti, Brusoni, Valletta, Fatinelli, Rugeri, Dal Colleto, Di Vicenzo, Merello, Vacarezza, Buzzi, Pricitelli, Romano (another common surname), Gaetani, Fabbris, Fabiani, Sanguinetti, Dello Staffolo, De Micelli, Landini, Fenoglio, Ferrari, Mazarello, Falconi, Durante and Ferrari Ferraro (so common surnames here too), Martinelli... and the list go on an on...

Last Online
    Subrace
    Padanian
    Occupation
    Unknown
    Politics
    Isolationism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Here
    Really? I didn't know that. Anyway, good date!. Ok, I gotta go in 10 minutes but I guess I could give a list of all the surnames that come to my mind in this moment, I'll add a few more when I come back:

Let's see:

Zampini, Santaniello, Frisone, Repetto, Brunetti, Benedetto, Cardinalli, Apreda, Giancarlo, Ricci (such a common surname here), Rughetti, Brusoni, Valletta, Fatinelli, Rugeri, Dal Colleto, Di Vicenzo, Merello, Vacarezza, Buzzi, Pricitelli, Romano (another common surname), Gaetani, Fabbris, Fabiani, Sanguinetti, Dello Staffolo, De Micelli, Landini, Fenoglio, Ferrari, Mazarello, Falconi, Durante and Ferrari Ferraro (so common surnames here too), Martinelli... and the list go on an on...
    ok.. Repetto (really common in Genoa and Liguria), Fenoglio, Fabbris (both from Piedmont? some other Skadi member can be more accurate), Merello, Frisone, Brusoni, Dal Colleto, Dello Staffolo (the latter 2 seems Venetan) looks from Northern Italy.

Ferrari is most common in north-central Italy, excluded ?iedmont where Ferrero takes its place.. the southern variant is Ferrara. The ethimology of this family name is the same as the english "Smith".

Zampini, Buzzi, Brunetti and Martinelli are quite uncertain, they can be from everywhere in Italy

Landini and Fabiani look like Central Italian

Santaniello (from around Naples?), Cardinalli, Apreda, Giancarlo, Ricci (really common in Southern Italy) Rughetti, Valletta, Fatinelli, Rugeri, Di Vicenzo, Vacarezza, Pricitelli, Romano (really common too) Gaetani, Sanguinetti, De Micelli (Calabria?), Mazarello, Durante looks definitely Southern Italian

of the time.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, September 11th, 2008 @ 09:35 PM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Paganist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jäger
    I don't doubt there can be people like these, I just think calling them typical was a bit far fetched, as far as it goes for northern italy at least.
    Maybe some selected regions?
    Anyway, it contradicts my experience, I would like to read some more though

Jag, i don't dubt of your experience, but i suspect you aren't a good observer : i mean, perhaps your observer capability is biased by some psycological factors : for example, what you expect to see (unconsciously). It's a common phenomenon ; the major part of german people, like you, associate instinctively the word "Italy" to a distinct Mediterranean southern european scenario, latin culture and , very often, a precise somatic look, without any distinction between north and south. Therefore, when a german turist visits Italy, his perception can be slightly altered by his previous unconscious stereotypes.............this is my personal impression, at least. Could be a fascinating subject of conversation, i think.

Anyway, to be clearer, what's , exactly, your personal impression of northern Italy ? When you say that examples reported aren't objective, what you mean ? Tell us what you see objectively (or subjectively?) from your perspective...................

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast