United States United States
    catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Re: Phenotypical elements in North-Italy :

Quote Originally Posted by atlanto-med
    As you are aware, Celtic Tiger was questioning the national and phenotypical unity of Italy, and he was obviously not questioning wether Italy exists as a geographical location, All Star.
    Celtic Tiger said!

By the way, not all agree on the fact that north Italy is really Italy. Some, here where i live, use the term "Padania"
    If northern Italy is not really Italy then what is it? their is no country that I know of, that is called Padania.
    A 10 year old kid will tell you padania, lombard are all part of Italy, if some of you people up north don't want to be Italian, then just move to a country of your choice, and let the real Italians live there and run their country instead of playing these foolish mental games in your heads, and sounding foolish.

Disinterested
    Last Online
    Tuesday, September 13th, 2005 @ 10:17 PM
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Folkish
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by all star
    If northern Italy is not really Italy then what is it? their is no country that I know of, that is called Padania.
    It is debatable that Italy is a valid country (as in nation state), because it was cretaed only after the French Revolution. Though its questionable wether Padania would be a valid country, Celtic Tiger obviously means that the north of Italy has always been more central European, than it has been a part of the Mediterranean. But this subforum is for physical anthropology, not for discussing Padania or Italy.

Last Online
    Saturday, February 18th, 2006 @ 02:00 AM
    Country
    catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It is debatable that Italy is a valid country (as in nation state), because it was cretaed only after the French Revolution. Though its questionable wether Padania would be a valid country, Celtic Tiger obviously means that the north of Italy has always been more central European, than it has been a part of the Mediterranean. But this subforum is for physical anthropology, not for discussing Padania or Italy.
    Well he should not have injected the whole North south thing in the first place.
    Since when has Italy ever been questioned by any nation if it is a valid country,what do you do , make your own international laws.

Italian culture is both North and South, so stop this hair splitting about Italy, this is old hat and the majority of people in Italy do not see Italy as a split nation, they have one Government for both North and South.

Disinterested
    Last Online
    Tuesday, September 13th, 2005 @ 10:17 PM
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Folkish
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by all star
    Well he should not have injected the whole North south thing in the first place.
    Celtic Tiger's purpose in posting this was to discuss Northern Italy (the Po river, and all the valley around) as the southern region of Central Europe. Its racial heritage is seperate from that of the rest of Italy so this is why he mentioned the differences between the north and the south of Italy. If you find a members post to be off-topic report it so that the staff can decide.

Account Inactive dazed&confused's Avatar
    Last Online
    Monday, January 4th, 2010 @ 01:05 AM
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Politics
    rock'n'roll
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

the subracial variability among Italians is just the tip of the iceberg. Linguistic differences are important too.

Piedmontese: A l'è mej 'n' euv ancheuj che na galin a dumàn
    Standard italian: Meglio un uovo oggi che una gallina domani
    Sicilian: Megghiu uoji n'ovu ca rumani a jaddina

Standard italian is based at 95% on tuscanian dialect

there are also significant genetic differences. Basically, northern Italians, central Italians and southern Italians have different ancestors.
    Last edited by dazed&confused; Thursday, August 11th, 2005 at 04:41 AM.

Last Online
    Country
    catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dazed&confused
    the subracial variability among Italians is just the tip of the iceberg. Linguistic differences are important too
    Their is varibility in all the countrys of Europe, not all Englishmen have the same phenotype,their are Germans with blue eyes and blond, and in other parts of Germany you have germans who are not as fair etc

there are also significant genetic differences. Basically, northern Italians, central Italians and southern Italians have different ancestors.
    You can't put regions of Italy all into one stereotype, my grandparents came from Southern Italy, and myself, my grandparents and mother are fair skinned and blue and green eyes run in my family.

Last Online
    Country
    catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

beside the North-South issue, I do like the pictures celtic tiger posted.

Last Online
    Country
    catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Celtic Tiger's purpose in posting this was to discuss Northern Italy (the Po river, and all the valley around) as the southern region of Central Europe. Its racial heritage is seperate from that of the rest of Italy so this is why he mentioned the differences between the north and the south of Italy. If you find a members post to be off-topic report it so that the staff can decide.
    I have no problem with this thread.

Last Online
    Sunday, April 1st, 2007 @ 12:19 AM
    Single
    Occupation
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Re: Phenotypical elements in North-Italy :

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fausto
    !!Hello Celtic tiger!! my granfathers are of Nort of Italy.The granfaher of my father are from a little town near Genova city and his wife too.
    And for mother side too exept i dont know the place rigth.
    I think my folk is the lombardo o langbardtten . ¿What you think about this?
    So long and racial greetings!!!

It's funny how many Argentines I find in the threads about Italy. I have yet to know an Argetine without Italian blood, it's a lot more easier find an Argentinian without Spanish or German blood (the other common ethnic groups) than without Italian. I was looking at the pictures and like all of them look regular Argentnes to me, well Valeria Mazza and Gabriel Batistuta are in fact Argentines lol.

Most of the immigration to Argentina come from Piedmont, Torino and Trentino. Who of those people are from that regions? I'm interested!

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, December 4th, 2008 @ 02:29 PM
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Single
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mad Re: Phenotypical elements in North-Italy :

This is Serena Autieri, and is from Naples! (She also has began as theater actress in Naples, than on the soap "Un posto al sole", and THEN she's gone to north to work). I've personally seen her sometimes in the summer in Ischia.

Why you've said that she's North Italian?

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serena_Autieri

Because supports the "Lega Nord"? Or why she' ve got blue eyes and blond hair? But in South-Italy there are many of blue-eyed and blonde-haired, and also all colours with all possibly conbinations!!! Only, we've not notice that! And, I 've never seen in North-Italy any difference.

How you think to distinguish easily from Italy Northern-Southern phisically? When there are thousands of immigrations from south to north (and, in the past, viceversa?)
    And generally, how you think to deduce the "race" of a people (millions of individuals) from a few samples? (and, other samples? bonolis is from Rome, or not?)

Excuse my very bad English

This was too much

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast