Northern Type
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Re: The racial type of the Sikhs

I had a chance to discuss the life of sikhs with sikhs themsleves and here is what they told me -

When muslims started their constant (and usually) cruel attacks on non-aggressive East Indians, the latter decided to organise a paramillitary group of people to live right at the border with muslims and be always ready for a fight. The tallest and strongest men were selected for this. And it sounded as if it was sort of (racial) selection. Also usually it was the first son in the family - that is why even today in the same family you can have elder son being sikh, while another son could be a simple hindu.

Most sikhs are very tall and well built. No matter if they are totally white\fair or somewhat darker they are always progressive. Many have either straight or convex noses that makes them look a bit like Iranids\Irano-Afgans...

Last Online
    Sunday, February 5th, 2012 @ 02:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Subrace
    Atlanto-Med + Baskid
    Politics
    Atlanticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Interesting Nicola, so Sikh philosophy is some kind of artifitial creation of Hindus in order to create an elite army to counter continuous Muslim attacks?

I had always thought they were a completely different ethnic group.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, June 20th, 2020 @ 10:48 AM
    Subrace
    Northern Type
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Galaico View Post
    Interesting Nicola, so Sikh philosophy is some kind of artifitial creation of Hindus in order to create an elite army to counter continuous Muslim attacks?

IMHO, it is not an army, it is rather a paramillitary group of people similar to Cossacks who also lived on the border land and fought against muslim sporadic attacks...

Another thing... Sikhs dont wear any turbans as many think... It is not a hat, it is a simple towel (sardar) that they use to cover their hair... Sikhs consider themselves lions and so they never cut their hair... Many actually have lastnames "Singh" that means a lion...

They also always carry special knife with them... If I remember correctly, even women must do that...

Last Online
    Monday, February 5th, 2007 @ 11:19 PM
    Subrace
    mediterranid/berid/alpine
    Country
    Other Other
    Single
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This Parminder nagra, a.k.a. Dr. Neela Rasgotra, from E.R. She's a sikh allegedly, although I don't know if she's too dark for a sikh...:

Last Online
    Tuesday, February 13th, 2007 @ 05:06 AM
    Doesnt matter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola_Canadian View Post
    I had a chance to discuss the life of sikhs with sikhs themsleves and here is what they told me -

When muslims started their constant (and usually) cruel attacks on non-aggressive East Indians, the latter decided to organise a paramillitary group of people to live right at the border with muslims and be always ready for a fight. The tallest and strongest men were selected for this. And it sounded as if it was sort of (racial) selection. Also usually it was the first son in the family - that is why even today in the same family you can have elder son being sikh, while another son could be a simple hindu.

Most sikhs are very tall and well built. No matter if they are totally white\fair or somewhat darker they are always progressive. Many have either straight or convex noses that makes them look a bit like Iranids\Irano-Afgans...

The sikhs being the tallest, fairest punjabis is BS. The reason a lot are taller/fairer/than a lot of hindu punjabis is because the region a lot of them are from is the Potohar Plateau in Pakistan. Those people have historically been the taller and fairer punjabis. Although, a Jatt is a Jatt is a jatt meaning a jatt from Pakistan is similar to a Sikh jatt from India and not a racially superior being.

As for Parminder Nagra, she represents a small percentage of Sikhs who look like other indians. I don't think that type is very common in Punjab but its common in other Indian states.

Last Online
    Thursday, March 29th, 2007 @ 01:51 AM
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Single
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile Re: The racial type of the Sikhs

interesting topic, I have no idea what you guys a talking about though
    Someone asked if sikhs are a different ethnic group and to that i say yes they are. The reason the first hindu son was made a sikh is unclear but it probably due to respect the hindus had for the sikh gurus.

I find it weird that sikhs sumtimes have beards that are of a colour other that black, like my dad his beard is orange brown sorta and my uncle's beard is light brown and mine currently is uh hem very small but black
    ya alot of sikhs were like 6 feet, there have been eye witness acounts that mentioned it (written when the british fought the sikhs)

nice pics

do you guys know where I can find diferent styles of beards? That grow naturally because I am working on this game www.sarblohwarriors.co.uk and it would really help create a unique face for every character. The game is on sikhs BTW

Last Online
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Single
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tired Re: The racial type of the Sikhs

No not really.

Last Online
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Single
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool Re: The racial type of the Sikhs

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola_Canadian View Post
    IMHO, it is not an army, it is rather a paramillitary group of people similar to Cossacks who also lived on the border land and fought against muslim sporadic attacks...

Another thing... Sikhs dont wear any turbans as many think... It is not a hat, it is a simple towel (sardar) that they use to cover their hair... Sikhs consider themselves lions and so they never cut their hair... Many actually have lastnames "Singh" that means a lion...

They also always carry special knife with them... If I remember correctly, even women must do that...
    Sikhs wear turbans, if by turbans u mean a long piece of cloth wrapped around one's head. A turban is not a hat.

Yes both men and women wear turbans and carry kirpans, which are 2 of the 5 k's

All sikhs are given the last name Singh but some use other names as their last name and Singh as their middle name.

Last Online
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Single
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile Re: The racial type of the Sikhs

No thats not it and they are a different ethnic group. The reason the first son was made a Sikh is unclear but it is probably because of the respect people back then had for the Sikh gurus.

Last Online
    Monday, May 31st, 2010 @ 01:43 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England England
    Married parent
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sikh Friends of the BNP Advises On Muslim Issues

It would appear Sikhism is more complex than I first thought

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLeWpD98e84
    Last edited by MutterundKind; Friday, July 3rd, 2009 at 06:15 PM. Reason: I wanted youtube link included

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234