Single adult
    Religion
    Reformed Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Opinions on a T-Shirt

I am somewhat hesitant to post this, simply because it is trite and trivial. As a new member, I don't like taking up bandwidth or puffing up my post count with fluff. Combining that desire with the fact that I am probably more in a position to learn, rather than to teach, will explain why I don't post much.

That being said, I would like peoples' opinion on a t-shirt. I will say in advance that it is trite, low-brow, and most definitely not an example of high Germanic culture.

My "recreational wear" here in Appalachia is almost always jeans, steel toed working boots, and a t-shirt. For years I have just worn WVU (West Virginia University) t-shirts. They are relatively inexpensive, one doesn't stand out wearing them (since many people do around here), you can blend in, etc.

My interest in sports has been slowly dying for a while, due to racial issues and concerns, and at this point it is officially dead. I just view the whole affair as bread and circuses meant to distract us from our own genocide and the more important things in life. It disgusts me that schools and boosters are willing to do anything to recruit Africans, many of whom can barely read or write properly, and let them coexist and live with their daughters, just for the alleged benefit to "their" team, whatever that even means nowadays (for instance, I don't know the exact numbers, but there are only a handful of players from West Virginia that play on West Virginia's [American] football team on any given year).

Point being, I no longer want to wear any WVU shirts, or anything associated with sports. I am also thinking more along racial lines each and every day, and trying to talk to and influence as many people as I can. The flip side of that is, that I have to be careful what I wear, as, if it were too extreme, and I saw someone from work while out, I would probably be black-listed and, for all I know, lose my job.

For that reason, I wouldn't wear anything explicitly Nazi or really offensive. If there are "high-culture" pro-Germanic (and I know this isn't the purpose of this board, but even pro-white...) shirts out there, please point me in their direction. That doesn't leave many options if you are wanting to "make a point" with what you wear.

Then I found happened across www.foulmouthshirts.com. Fair warning, it is very low-brow and offensive from a variety of angles. I wouldn't wear 99% of what they offer.

But they did have a couple things that piqued my interest. Under the political shirts, I bought one that says "Right Wing Extremist", and I bought a gold "Don't Tread On Me" shirt with the coiled serpent. I also bought one that says "Whitey", which can be found here: http://www.foulmouthshirts.com/New-S...EY-T-SHIRT.htm.

I realize it is somewhat juvenile. My only question is (and, after a lot of babble, we arrive at the point of this thread): How would you take that last shirt?

1) Would you take it as a limp-wristed, metrosexual attempt at hipster irony?

2) Or would you take it in an aggressive, "I'm white and proud, deal with it" kind of way?

I think the "look" of the person wearing it would probably determine, in large part, how it is viewed. I am 6', and, while not chiseled out of stone and fit for a magazine cover, broad shouldered with a fair amount of muscle... I shave my head (well, clipper it with no guard, so it's very short stubble) and have a "full" trimmed beard. I'm guessing people would take it more in the 2nd sense. Am I wrong on that? Because if not, I'm not going to wear it.

By the way, I doubt you Europeans have "Wonder Bread" over there... the logo behind "Whitey" is a play on the Wonder Bread logo, which you can google.

Like I said... I know it's trite, I know that it doesn't embody a lofty Germanic spirit, and if I lived in a high Teutonic society I wouldn't wear something silly like that. But I'm thinking it will let skinny white teenagers know there are some tough guys out there who are proud of their heritage, encourage those who secretly feel like I do, possibly start some conversations, and definitely serve as a sign that I'm not some cowering doormat to certain types of people I encounter while out and about.

P.S. I'm also going to order a black t-shirt and a black sleeveless workout shirt with the Confederate Battle Flag on them.

P.P.S. You all might find this amusing: http://www.foulmouthshirts.com/New-S...SH-T-SHIRT.htm

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 04:52 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordeby
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    Vest-Agder Vest-Agder
    In a steady relationship
    Politics
    Nationalist, yet hater of none
    Religion
    Love for Åsatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I bought one that says "Right Wing Extremist", and I bought a gold "Don't Tread On Me" shirt with the coiled serpent. I also bought one that says "Whitey"
    Do you have a need to be "loud" about it?

Whitey... I would see it as a hipster thing here in Norway.

Why not go for a t-shirt with Germanic symbols?
    Please don't confuse the terms "nordid" and "nordic".

Last Online
    1 Minute Ago @ 02:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,363 Posts
    My only question is (and, after a lot of babble, we arrive at the point of this thread): How would you take that last shirt?

1) Would you take it as a limp-wristed, metrosexual attempt at hipster irony?

2) Or would you take it in an aggressive, "I'm white and proud, deal with it" kind of way?
    Thanks for this post, Kveldssanger! Reading some of those slogans has just made my day

However, to give you a short answer to the question you've asked, I would have to say that my immediate reaction to the 'Whitey' shirt corresponds more with option #1.

Last Online
    Sunday, August 19th, 2012 @ 10:22 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    West Virginia West Virginia
    Single adult
    Religion
    Reformed Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Granraude View Post
    Do you have a need to be "loud" about it?

Whitey... I would see it as a hipster thing here in Norway.

Why not go for a t-shirt with Germanic symbols?
    Before I start, let me say that I probably shouldn't have made this thread. I see it as ill-advised, in retrospect, and a waste of bandwidth. That isn't directed at you at all; I just wanted to say that in advance.

I suppose that, the older I get, I do feel the need to be "loud" about it. I'm very open to the possibility that it might be a mark of immaturity, but it is the case nonetheless. I used to be more discrete with my feelings and beliefs, but now it consumes most of my thoughts and it verges on irrepressible.

It was an honest question about the shirt. I suppose that I'm trying to find the line between "what could get me fired" (we can be fired for stuff we post on Facebook, per a meeting we had last month; that makes me glad I cancelled mine almost a year ago) and "still subtly showing your colors". Hence the "Don't Tread On Me" shirt; that isn't explicitly racial, but the majority of people who would fly that flag or appreciate that are probably going to have a racial consciousness, be it overt or hidden.

I just think things like that are an encouragement to others, regardless of how slight it may be. I know that I have my heart lifted a bit when I am out in "public" and see someone in a mixed part of town with the fortitude to wear the battle flag. If I have the time, I almost always stop and talk to them at random. And if I am encouraged by those types of things, then I assume that others could be encouraged with what I might wear.

Like I said in my introduction, I just look for concrete things I can do, regardless of how small. And I believe if everyone did that (and I know most of us do), it would start to have a ripple effect. Something is better than nothing. Just as I've been more active and open in the past few months, I've had many people open up to me and talk about racial issues in a frank manner, and typically there is this look in their eyes that just seems to say, "I'm so glad I'm not the only one, and that I'm not crazy."

The "Whitey" one is pretty lame, in many ways. I was 50/50 on whether I liked it or not when I first saw it. That one would definitely be worn for a more antagonizing purpose, I suppose. As in, "Yeah, what of it?" when I am around "certain types of people." I guess I just find personal value in that, even if it does no long term good. People of African descent in my area are so loud and abrasive, and wherever they go they act like Mufasa, and it just seems to me that most white men act like geldings and cuckolds around them.

As to your other question: I am more than open to wearing runes, Thor's hammers, etc. Maybe I am just the worst Googler in the world, but I haven't been able to find that much good stuff. I've found some stuff on cafepress with Germanic symbols but, hey... that's cafepress, and I doubt the quality is going to be that good. If you know of any reliable companies that offer good quality shirts with runes, Thor's hammers, etc., on them, fill me in, and I'll definitely buy some.

In terms of "what I can do", I've also thought about donating to Skadi and the Political Cesspool, and very well may in the future. But I'm going to need to put some thought into that and plan for it.

Thanks for the response!

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 21st, 2012 @ 11:02 PM
    Status
    On Holiday
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    State
    New York New York
    Devoted father & husband
    Politics
    E Pluribus Unum
    Religion
    Ascension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kveldssanger View Post
    I suppose that, the older I get, I do feel the need to be "loud" about it. I'm very open to the possibility that it might be a mark of immaturity, but it is the case nonetheless. I used to be more discrete with my feelings and beliefs, but now it consumes most of my thoughts and it verges on irrepressible.

It was an honest question about the shirt. I suppose that I'm trying to find the line between "what could get me fired" (we can be fired for stuff we post on Facebook, per a meeting we had last month; that makes me glad I cancelled mine almost a year ago) and "still subtly showing your colors". Hence the "Don't Tread On Me" shirt; that isn't explicitly racial, but the majority of people who would fly that flag or appreciate that are probably going to have a racial consciousness, be it overt or hidden.
    You are a youth? I take it you are employed, so let me ask you, what do you need to say with a t-shirt that your actions do not? Your individuality is defined by what you do, not what you wear. To display pride in ones race is for those which can not demonstrate it. But if you must make a statement of pride, do so in honor of this union or wear your state seal/ state motto. These are true symbols of substance, which represent a living progress not some vague abstraction of the past. Be among the men who inhabited those wild mountains and tamed their forests and proclaim with them in your confidence, Montani Semper Liberi!

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 14th, 2012 @ 08:59 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, Ireland, Germany
    Subrace
    Nord-Atlantid/Borreby
    Country
    State
    California California
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hello, I am originally from West Virginia, and regionally speaking, I think you would blend in just fine wearing shirts that said Right Wing Extremist and Don't Tread on Me...in fact both of those would go over with very mild response in any Southern state, especially the second one.

The "Whitey" shirt, in West Virginia, will probably make people chuckle good-naturedly, and yes, they may take it as "white and proud" but not aggressively or necessarily offensively.

However, other people in West Virginia, especially young people, very well could interpret it as hipster irony.

I would think that for certain it was hipster irony here in California. In West Virginia, I would question which one based on other things I knew about you, or how you appeared, over all.

Perceptions of these things vary by region, but I doubt anyone would see it as "aggressive."

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 14th, 2012 @ 08:59 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, Ireland, Germany
    Subrace
    Nord-Atlantid/Borreby
    Country
    State
    California California
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindefense View Post
    You are a youth? I take it you are employed, so let me ask you, what do you need to say with a t-shirt that your actions do not? Your individuality is defined by what you do, not what you wear. To display pride in ones race is for those which can not demonstrate it. But if you must make a statement of pride, do so in honor of this union or wear your state seal/ state motto. These are true symbols of substance, which represent a living progress not some vague abstraction of the past. Be among the men who inhabited those wild mountains and tamed their forests and proclaim with them in your confidence, Montani Semper Liberi!
    Personally I tend to agree with this. I do not personally associate myself with any sectarian white supremacy or anything, and if I wore a shirt that said "whitey" I would expect people to laugh. My mother would laugh. So would my sisters. That's why I have a hard time seeing it as "aggressive." I think it would be received by other Southern whites (when not perceived as hipster irony) as ...well...yes, we're white. But nothing political.

I'm more of a cultural preservationist, anyway, so I would be more focused on preserving Southern culture, or recognizing my ancestry with relevant symbols or mottoes or flags.

Last Online
    Sunday, August 19th, 2012 @ 10:22 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England
    Country
    State
    West Virginia West Virginia
    Single adult
    Religion
    Reformed Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I was hoping this thread would quietly die, since I regret making it, but, as Marmie is originally from West Virginia, I feel compelled to respond.

In general I agree with everything that you have said, and also with what Vindefense said (though I must inform him I am not that young; I am 31). I agree that character and actions are the best "advertisement" for one's heritage and race. My only quibble would be that, beyond politeness and disposition, how do you really "advertise" that when you are waiting in line, buying groceries, running errands, etc.?

Those situations are the ones for which I wanted some t-shirts. I agree with your assessments on all of them, and now realize that it was a stretch to think the "Whitey" one could be taken as "in your face". In terms of that particular shirt, I really only wondered what effect it would have on black people, and I thought that the shirt, combined with a certain look, could come across as subtly making the point. But due to the consistency of the replies, I'll just scrap the whole idea.

As to the other shirts (and throwing in the Confederate Battle Flag), things like that are less common "in town". The last time that I took the ATV out into the woods, I came across a wider path that was big enough for vehicles, and passed seven lifted up trucks and Jeeps, and I think every one of them had a Confederate Flag rear window graphic, as well as other Confederate paraphernalia. The "town" area is only a twenty minute drive from there, though, and I can think of seeing the Battle Flag on two people in the past six months (clothing; not counting it on trucks and what not). So I think there is a definite hesitance to wear it in public, even here.

Beckley, Charleston, Huntington, and Parkersburg all have "diverse" sections of town, and I live within a few miles of one of these. Every time I run errands, I'm mingling around in the Multicultural Wonderland. So (unfortunately) I am not very far out in the hollers.

As to wearing things that promote the heritage of one's state: I don't think that would make any point along these lines, simply because everything that says "West Virginia" on it is usually associated around here with "WVU", and even the blessed rednecks go hogwild rooting for the sports teams, regardless of the ethnic makeup of those teams (for instance, take this year's basketball team).

I also preferred to buy "watered down" versions of things on that site, if possible, so that I wouldn't have my credit information associated with anything "racist".

But anyway, thanks to everyone for the responses. If there are some companies that offer high quality runic shirts, or shirts with other Germanic themes, by all means post them, and I'll check them out. I suppose I could look into wearing a Thor's Hammer, as well, but I've never been a necklace/chains/metal type.

Last Online
    Friday, November 11th, 2016 @ 05:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Maar, Hessen, Germany
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    State
    Tennessee Tennessee
    Married
    Politics
    independent
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I would recommend "Thor Steinar" / they have been blasted in the press in Germany mainly for being clothes of choice for "right wing nut jobs" / but they really have some cool t-shirts / little on the costly side; especially if you have to import them into USA / wish I could find a contact to buy them wholesell / I would sell them at bike shows, ebay etc etc / I understand your question, you have to be very guarded in what you wear (to show your pride) without the PC crowd making judgements that may affect your work or maybe even your job / most comapny(s) in America are so got up in diversity for the sake of not insulting anyone and showing inclusion they completely avoid anything relating to "white pride" /

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, August 16th, 2019 @ 06:42 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    I would agree that it is better to show cultural symbols and or subtle messages and/or messages that are strong but un-problematic. Clothes make people, and you're not going to convince people by wearing extreme clothing; a pair of shorts a comrade has with a die showing a 1 and a black pool ball showing an 8 have much more effect than a huge "18" printed in college-football-numbers style across the front; like with speaking and acting, it is oft the mode of presentation which changes how the message is received.

Some shirts seem to be created for the sole purpose of being the main attraction at the next RAC-concert, since I buy my clothes to be worn any day I please, there is a whole load I wouldn't run around with. One's that touch upon cultural themes, perhaps with a Folkish hint implied, I much prefer, like my old "Wotan - Germaniens wahrer Gott" shirt, which I have since misplaced, or the "Berserker - nordische Wut" shirt one of my comrades bought for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltan View Post
    I would recommend "Thor Steinar"
    They are Arab-owned these days and I have heard more than one complain that their online transaction was executed via an Israeli proxy.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast