Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is an Italian-Pakistani Europid or not?

Sideways to the Sun
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Thursday, September 18th, 2008 @ 05:55 PM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Rebel
    Politics
    Anti-Neophilia
    Religion
    Traditional Catholicism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scathach
    the ''stigma'' of being irish and the whole ''no blacks, no jews, no irish'' concept is largely of british creation, the irish were thought to be uncivilised, stupid, barbaric and primitive by the said nation so i really would have difficulty seeing it as a jewish creation. just a thought.
    Your right, Scathach.
    It's not a Jewish creation as such. There were plenty of British and Ulster Scots settled in the US of A to carry that attitude with them, brining over the sectarianism to the new world.
    In saying that, the Jews might well have seized upon it and manipulated the situation for their own ends.
    I've seen authors attempt to compare the Irish and the Jews more than once using flattery.
    Nice try

Last Online
    Thursday, January 18th, 2007 @ 07:36 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I remember reading that not only were the Irish looked down upon, but Scandinavians were too. It was the Anglo-Saxons and Germans that held this view.

Sideways to the Sun
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Rebel
    Politics
    Anti-Neophilia
    Religion
    Traditional Catholicism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cosmocreator
    I remember reading that not only were the Irish looked down upon, but Scandinavians were too. It was the Anglo-Saxons and Germans that held this view.
    I hadn't heard of the Scandinavians having that problem before.
    That's interesting. I can imagine Anglo-Saxons thinking that of them but Ididn't know that Germans held that view of Scandi's

Last Online
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Milesian
    I hadn't heard of the Scandinavians having that problem before.
    That's interesting. I can imagine Anglo-Saxons thinking that of them but Ididn't know that Germans held that view of Scandi's

I'm talking about the ones that settled in early America, not those living in Germany.

Sideways to the Sun
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Rebel
    Politics
    Anti-Neophilia
    Religion
    Traditional Catholicism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I'm talking about the ones that settled in early America, not those living in Germany.
    Yes, I know.
    It's funny if Germans in Germany didn't feel that way yet they did once they arrived in America.
    It would be interesting to know how the Germans and Anglo-Saxons felt about each other.
    Without meaning offense but I'd imagine the Anglo-Saxons would look down on most if not all other types.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Essex Essex
    Putinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Arrow

This is an interesting document I once saved, that someone had posted on the Nordish list. Here is an excerpt, but the full document is attached, explaining both English and German views of the Irish.

THE VIEW OF GERMAN AND ENGLISH SOCIAL SCIENTISTS
    ON THE IRISH IN THE 19TH AND 20TH CENTURIES

Martin Müller

Institute of Geography, University of Hamburg, Germany
    Since the end of the 18th century nation-building and nationalism lead to a construction of reality which considered the own nation as being superior to others. Following the theory of Anglo-Saxon and Germanic superiority over Celtic (and Slavic) “races“, the Irish were seen and portrayed by German and English social scientists as organic less capable “creatures“ who disrespect order and any kind of regulation. Having no economic spirit and a lack of drive, their miserable circumstances seemed to be the logical result. Anti-Irish prejudices persisted for a long time, especially in Victorian England where the Irish were portrayed as fanatic and violent. German social scientist, mainly those from the Catholic Rhine-valley expressed some sympathy for them, explaining some of their “bad habits“ to be a result of suppression. Looking for scientists in this century, studies of the “Irish people“ are rare and nationalism and other ideologies seem to have less impact on the surveys then they used to have.

Sideways to the Sun
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Rebel
    Politics
    Anti-Neophilia
    Religion
    Traditional Catholicism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    This is an interesting document I once saved, that someone had posted on the Nordish list. Here is an excerpt, but the full document is attached, explaining both English and German views of the Irish.
    That is an interesting document.
    It's of no suprise that Anglo-Saxons felt that way about the Irish.
    By thinking of their colonial subjects across the Irish sea as stupid, dirty, lazy, inferior oafs it was much easier for them to justify suppressing their culture and stealing their land.
    The real reason for the miserable condition of the Irish was the Anglo-Saxons themselves. In particular, the "Penal Laws" passed against the Irish after the defeat of the rightful King James (whom the Irish supported) against the foreign usurper, Prince William of Orange.
    Actually William (or King Billy) wasn't really concerned by the Irish at all and would probably have wanted to leave them alone but the English Puritan Parliment passed the "Penal Laws" which have been described as the most "Injust and Inhumane" laws ever passed.
    Because of them, Catholics (the vast majority of the Irish) were excluded from all public life and much normal private social activity. Any form of Catholic education was made illegal. It was illegal for Catholics to buy land, obtain a mortgage on it, rent it at a reasonable profit or even inherit it normally.
    When a Catholic landowner died his estate could not descend to his elder son by the normal law of primogeniture, but had to be divided equally among his sons. On the other hand,if any of the sons were to turn Protestant he automatically inherited the whole estate over the heads of any elder brothers. Similarly, if the wife of a Catholic turned Protestant she automatically aquired part of her husband's estate.
    While a Catholic was legally allowed to rent land on a lease not exceeeding thrity-one years, if he made a profit of more than one third of his rent he might lose the lease to the first Protestant who could inform against him.
    In this way not only did the Penal Laws prevent Catholics from aquiring land by purchase or lease, they also saw to it that such land as was still left in the hands of the Catholic majority after all the confiscations dwindled with the years. By the mid-eighteenth century the 14% of the land of Ireland still held by the Catholic majority after the Williamite settlement of 1703 had been halved to 7 %.
    Also Catholics could not join the army or Navy, could note vote, could not be elected to parliment or enjoy any offices of state, and those who had previously been able to lead the lives of country gentlemen found themseles subject to the penalty of whipping for keeping a sporting gun or a horse worth more than £5.

By dealing these and other social economic blows at the old Catholic landed class and their tenants, the Penal Laws isolated the vast majority of the people of Ireland in an inferior identity. They became segregated from the rest of society and the normal processes of law. Both the Lord Chancellor and the Lord Chief Justice in fact declared at one time that "the law does not presume any such person to exist as an Irish Roman Catholic"

But of course the reason for the miserable condition of the Irish was that they were "inferior"

Last Online
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Milesian
    Yes, I know.
    It's funny if Germans in Germany didn't feel that way yet they did once they arrived in America.
    It would be interesting to know how the Germans and Anglo-Saxons felt about each other.
    Without meaning offense but I'd imagine the Anglo-Saxons would look down on most if not all other types.

Maybe the AS thought of themselves of being descended of German Angles and Saxons. So there was a kinship between Germans and AS. Remember, the Founding Fathers of the US almost chose German as the official langauge of America. English passed by one vote.

Sideways to the Sun
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Rebel
    Politics
    Anti-Neophilia
    Religion
    Traditional Catholicism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Maybe the AS thought of themselves of being descended of German Angles and Saxons. So there was a kinship between Germans and AS. Remember, the Founding Fathers of the US almost chose German as the official langauge of America. English passed by one vote.
    That's a very real possiblity.
    Today, AS's dont like to think of themselves as Germans and pretty much dislike them. But this might well be due (or Jew ) to fighting them in two World Wars. Perhaps back in those days, there was a closer feeling of kinship.

Account Disabled on Request
    Last Online
    Friday, January 8th, 2010 @ 09:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Lappland Lappland
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Nordhammer
    Her brother is "darker" and would not be mistaken for a Europid? What then, an Indian? Would he look more like Vijay? Vijay is incredibly dark, as dark as or darker than most Negroids here actually.
    I'm surprised how almost pitch black South Asians can be. A lot of them are darker than most American Negroes. The gypsies in Southeast Hungary were incredibly dark, IMO it's a very good thing as they look very distinct.

He's the one who made the "sexist" statement about Annika Sorenstam of Stockholm, Sweden...
    Rivalry between a brown man and a white woman comes down to one thing. She was probably the only Swedish girl to have ever refused his sexual advances- though only on the basis that she's a female pro golfer- draw your own conclusions there...

If your real question is, "would she make a good mate for me, racially?", then I would say yes - since you both have "Asian" and "Europid" ancestry.
    Oh, come on- he's no Paki.

Having considered the description of the brown brother (no pun intended there, lol) if I were the pan-caucasoid matchmaker here I'd say this is not the best of things. Iranians and Italians are racially interchangeable, IMO. But Paki ancestry goes a little too far east for him, I think.

You don't want me taking your advice and running off with a Kazakh boy...
    Last edited by Evolved; Sunday, August 3rd, 2003 at 07:09 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast