View Poll Results: How was the Dinaric Sub-race derived in your opinion?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stabilized Alpine-Mediterranean Blend

43 30.50%
  • A "sister race" of the Armenoid/Near-Eastern type

56 39.72%
  • Other (please state)

42 29.79%
Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: How Was the Dinaric Sub-Race Derived ?

Last Online
    Thursday, July 27th, 2006 @ 09:12 AM
    Subrace
    Other
    Race Realism/Hereditarian
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question How Was the Dinaric Sub-Race Derived ?

(Responses Appreciated and encouraged)

Your thoughts?

Last Online
    Friday, December 8th, 2006 @ 02:25 AM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Hejsan,

I think that there is only a principle of Dinaricisation, and that Dinarid is not a racial type per se. I believe that Pontid is the origin, and the brachycephalic element is either from a brachycephalised Pontid or a Pontid-Gorid type. I cannot see any other origin than Afghanid for the hooked nose among many Dinarids.

Coon wrote "It may readily be seen that the Dinarics, Norics, and Armenoids have no ethnic or historic unity, but are for the most part parallel results of the same process repeated with similar materials in different places."

TROE
    [Photographic Supplement, Plate 35]

They spread to the British Isles from the eastern Mediterranean, and I can see such types every day, but without the brachycephalic skull. The so called Keltic Nordic could have such a strain.

Furthermore, I think that many long-headed, lower-skulled, dark-haired, light-eyed and fair-skinned Ukrainian Nordids resemble British Nordids.

"...The means of these Scythian skulls show them to be low mesocephals of moderate cranial dimensions, but with a low vault height. The cranial means are, in fact, almost identical with those of the Keltic series from France and the British Isles. They resemble the Aunjetitz and Hallstatt skulls only as much as the Keltic series mentioned resemble these latter..."

The Races of Europe by Carleton Stevens Coon
    (Chapter VI, section 5)
    The Scythians

I would like to hear Frans3108 and asparukh's opinions as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Trønder
    (Responses Appreciated and encouraged)

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by Glenlivet; Tuesday, July 22nd, 2003 at 12:39 PM.

Last Online
    Wednesday, January 12th, 2005 @ 11:45 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid-Baltid (Aistin)
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Occupation
    college student
    Politics
    Environmentalism and eugenics
    Religion
    occultism & Nature worship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I have questioned the Alpine-Mediterranean blend theory ever since I first heard it. I believe Dinarics are a Europid version of Armenoids. They are taller on average than either Alpines or Meds. The occiput is also truncated like that of an Armenoid, and unlike that of either an Alpine or Med. Dinarics are also higher-skulled than either Meds or Alpines.

Purifier
    Last Online
    Wednesday, April 25th, 2012 @ 01:23 AM
    Ethnicity
    Slavic/Germanic
    Country
    United States United States
    -
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I also tend to go with option #2.

I know Coon taught that dinaricization was a process, but is there actually any proof of this?
    What makes Coon think that the dinaric is the result of a process, but that other races really are races?
    I mean, if we take Coon's theories as fact, then that means that the Alpine developed out of the Brunn, right? The Brunn is tall and long skulled, whereas the Alpine is short and round skulled. So why not refer to a process of "alpinization" rather than to an "alpine race"?
    Or for that matter why not refer to a process of 'nordicization' rather than to a nordic race?
    If 'dinaricization' is a mixing of med with alpine, and nordics (according to Coon) resulted from a mixing of Corded and Danubian, then why are Nordics considered a race, and dinarics a process?

Coon says that dinarics have no historical unity, but from what I've read in the first part of The Races of Europe, Coon seems to disagree with himself.
    He states that the bearers of the copper age to Greece were Dinarics who sailed there from Asia Minor.
    He further states that the Bell Beaker folk began as Dinarics which - once again - sailed from Asia Minor to Spain.

Last Online
    Thursday, July 27th, 2006 @ 09:12 AM
    Subrace
    Other
    Race Realism/Hereditarian
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have questioned the Alpine-Mediterranean blend theory ever since I first heard it. I believe Dinarics are a Europid version of Armenoids. They are taller on average than either Alpines or Meds. The occiput is also truncated like that of an Armenoid, and unlike that of either an Alpine or Med. Dinarics are also higher-skulled than either Meds or Alpines.
    I found the same flaw in the "Alpine-Med" theory as well Stribog.

It seems to be that the morphology of the Dinaric type is often not intermediary of the Alpine and Mediterranean, but rather, conveys features which are more accentuated when compared with those found with either type.

i.e.:

-A more convex those than either the Alpine of Mediterranean (respectively concave and straight)

-a rounder orbital region than either the Alpine or Mediterranean (I read once that Dinarics have the roundest orbits out of all the European sub-races. I would imagine the orbit of the Dinaric would be similar to the Mediterranean Proper type, yet nevertheless, it is certainly not the result of an Alpine-Med mixture.

And as you pointed out Stribog:

-a flat occipital region (the Alpine shows some flattening, yet the occiput is generally steeper in an Upper Paleolithic manner).

-Greater Stature

-Higher Cranial Vault

Last Online
    Thursday, May 10th, 2012 @ 02:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Afrikaner
    Ancestry
    Slavic
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What exactly is a dinaric nose? a hooked nose or a straight profile nose with a fleshy tip? What about dinarics being thick-set and stocky, that is not a med trait.

Last Online
    Thursday, January 18th, 2007 @ 06:36 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by providenje
    What exactly is a dinaric nose? a hooked nose or a straight profile nose with a fleshy tip?

Here are some photos of Dinarics:

http://www.legioneuropa.org/Racediv/...Papers/p36.htm
    http://www.legioneuropa.org/Racediv/...Papers/p37.htm
    http://www.legioneuropa.org/Racediv/...Papers/p38.htm
    http://www.legioneuropa.org/Racediv/...Papers/p39.htm

Last Online
    Saturday, April 28th, 2018 @ 05:23 AM
    Ethnicity
    Katarinensische
    Subrace
    Dinarid
    Family
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post Dinarics

Albanians in Greece

Deniker divides Greece into two halves according to the meridian that passes 20 degrees longitudinal from Paris. People who live west of this line are without doubt of Adriatic-Albanian type, tall and with small head (brachycephalic) like all Albanians of Dinaric race, while east of this meridian, the Greeks of Thessaly "and perhaps a part of them that live in Attica" are of another type quite different, shorter and with smaller cephalic distinguishing characteristics.
    http://www.frosina.org/infobits/albgreece.shtml

DINARIC RACE

Central, eastern, and southern European racial type; 2/3 tall Mediterranean strain brachycephalized (dinaricized) through mixture with 1/3 Alpine; typically long-faced and long- and convex-nosed, and intermediate to dark in pigmentation; Dinarics are most common in the Balkans, especially in the Dinaric Alps - the Dinaric racial belt stretches from northern France through southern Germany and the Swiss Alps, and blends into the south-eastern European populations

http://pub18.ezboard.com/fbalkansfrm...picID=67.topic

Dinarica

"Dinarica"-is an international free discussion forum focused on scientific exploration of Dinaric Race from the perspectives of biological,physical anthropology,evolutionary biology,population genetics,bioarchaeologic,ethno-psychological academic fields as well as other kind of studies which in the environment of civilized,plural and free discussion shall enrich the field of Dinaric studies

http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/186691

Last Online
    Monday, March 22nd, 2004 @ 05:43 AM
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Politics
    dont know
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Dinarics

Do Dinarics come from Syria? What is the origin of this type.

And what is an example of a relatively pure Dinarid? Is it Vlade Divac?

Last Online
    Friday, February 16th, 2007 @ 04:24 PM
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Software engineer
    Politics
    anthropophagy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Re: Dinarics

Actually, I think Dinarics come from the Balkans. Before the arrival of the Greeks, that area was inhabitted by a prehistoric people called the Pelazgians and these people were all dinaric, according to skulls found from that era.

The thing about dinarics is that they are more varied than other subraces, for example you can have a person who looks nordic, or med, yet upon closer inspection he is actually dinaric.

Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast