Nordid
    Nordicist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Arrow Racial Types in America

Repost from Racial Studies, thanks to RRM:

The following excerpt is from an Addendum to "Anthropology and the Melting Pot" by T.D. Stewart in Smithsonian Treasury of Science, Vol. III (1960).

Unfortunately, the article doesn't give a full citation for the actual Brues study. If anyone has more information on this study, please let me know.

'Since this was written Alice M. Brues of Harvard University has published an analysis of meaurements taken during World War II on 3,075 enlisted men at Camp Sibert, Ala. By classifying each individual according to his principal national extraction and State of birth, she was able to identify five outstanding types:

1, A tall, thin-faced, narrow-headed type, commonest in those of British extraction and typical of the South.

2, A type, tall like the first, but with wider face and head. This is typical of Scandinavian extraction and is common mainly in the west north-central States.

3, A short type, round-faced and with a broad head, typical of Germanic, Russian, and Slavic extraction and common mainly in the middle Atlantic and east north-central States.

4, A type, short like the third but with narrower face and head. This is typical of French and Mediterranean extractions and common in New England.

5, A type distinguished mainly by an unusually broad face, out of line with any of the European extractions. This type, indicative of Indian admixture, occurs mainly in Oklahoma and Texas.

'The significance of this finding is that this sample of the present-day population shows clear local difference in physical appearance reflecting the various European nations from which its ancestors came. From this it would seem that a stable "American race" is still a thing of the remote future.' (p. 863)

I don't think there are any surprises here. Obviously, type 1 is Nordic; type 2 is Nordic+UP; type 3 is Alpine/Neo-danubian; type 4 is "Med".

Last Online
    Wednesday, January 12th, 2005 @ 11:45 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid-Baltid (Aistin)
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Occupation
    college student
    Politics
    Environmentalism and eugenics
    Religion
    occultism & Nature worship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

How are Alpine and ND the same type? ND is not 'short and round-faced' ani

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2006 @ 07:08 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Nordicist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

It was his post, although Alpine and Neo-Danubians do share a lot of traits in common.

Perhaps the most distinguishing characteristics are the more "Eastern" look of ND's and a slightly higher incidence of blondism.

"The term Neo-Danubian has been used in this work to designate a general class of central and eastern European blond or partially blond brachycephals who seem to be derived in a racial sense from a de-Corded Nordic (and hence Danubian) prototype brachycephalized by Ladogan admixture. This type is very prevalent among modern Slavs of Poland and Russia, and also among some eastern Germans and Austrians."

"Neo-Danubians are very round-skulled, and their cephalic indices frequently exceed 85. The head form is globular, and the forehead is steep and not seldom protuberant. The face is square to oval in shape, and the combination of a round face and a plump cheek is common. There is often a slight flatness to the Neo-Danubian face.

The nose is moderately leptorrhine, straight to concave in profile, and often snub-tipped in a Ladogan fashion. The nasal skeleton is rather low, with a broad tip."

Coon does group both of them together afterall:

B. PURE AND MIXED PALAEOLITHIC AND MESOLITHIC SURVIVORS OF MODERATE HEAD SIZE

Last Online
    Subrace
    Nordid-Baltid (Aistin)
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Occupation
    college student
    Politics
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I think Coon greatly overemphasizes the amount of Mongolid blood present in Neo-Danubians, as well as in East Baltics.
    The people listed on SNPA as ND's do not have CI's greater than 85 that I can tell. I also have doubts about the 'Alpines as UPs' theory.
    Neo-Danubians are also frequently tall (and HOT!), hence the disproportionate representation of ND's in the modelling industry: Daniela Pestova, Adriana Sklenarikova, Karolina Kurkova, Veronika Varekova, Petra Nemcova, and many more. Therefore I don't see them as a 'short and round-headed race' like the Alpines. I've never known people to confuse the two.

Last Online
    Thursday, July 27th, 2006 @ 09:12 AM
    Subrace
    Other
    Race Realism/Hereditarian
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Neo-Danubian types are generally more gracile and lighter pigmented than Alpine types.

The East Baltic type is more similar to the Alpine type in its morphology (much more rubust than the Neo-Danubian type), yet differs on a great scale from the Alpine from in relation to the pigmentation of the two types.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Nordicist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Originally posted by Stríbog
    Neo-Danubians are also frequently tall (and HOT!), hence the disproportionate representation of ND's in the modelling industry:

Originally posted by Stríbog
    Daniela Pestova, Adriana Sklenarikova, Karolina Kurkova, Veronika Varekova, Petra Nemcova, and many more.
    Hmm...

I don't know, she doesn't look very roundheaded to me, and she's quite robust. I'd have to say East Baltic.

"East Baltics are large-bodied compared to their neighbors the Neo-Danubians, but they otherwise share a number of typically Ladogan traits with the latter: the round-tipped and snub nose, for which the East Baltic in particular has been noted; the often square-shaped face; the steep forehead; the rounded cranial vault. In addition to these features, East Baltics are commonly large- and broad-faced and wide-jawed, with laterally prominent malars, a Lappish-like Ladogan speciality which is only moderately developed in the Neo-Danubian type."

To me it seems they are very similar, except the EB has a stronger UP strain, making it larger and more lateral rather than smaller and more gracile from a stronger Danubian influence. I think she fits EB, IMO.

Last Online
    Subrace
    Nordid-Baltid (Aistin)
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Occupation
    college student
    Politics
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Her head doesn't strike me as 'globular.'

Last Online
    Subrace
    Nordid-Baltid (Aistin)
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Occupation
    college student
    Politics
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I take issue with the general tone of that article. There is a significant Mediterranean component in the South which that article ignores. These were settlers of French extraction, and not just Acadians migrating to Louisiana. French Huguenots settled in the coastal Southern colonies, having fled Louis XIV's religious persecution. Southern names of French provenance include DuPre, Sherard, Petty/Pettibone/Pettigru, Gilbert, Delahowe, Laurens, LeSeine, Guillebaux, Dabney, Sevier, DeLoche, Lamont, Gaston, and many others. There was also a significant Mediterranean racial component from Wales, Cornwall, etc; these regions tended to be more strongly Catholic or at least anti-Puritan.

New England was probably the most 'tall, long-faced and fair' region, being primarily Anglo-Saxon with some Hallstatt. The Puritans mainly originated in East Anglia, the most heavily Anglo-Saxon region of England. The racial appearance of New England did not change until the mid- to late-19th century as first Irish with Mediterranean elements, and then later Italians migrated into the large cities. The natives of Vermont, New Hampshire, western Massachusetts, etc. are all still quite Nordish.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Nordicist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

For someone who claims to be Southern, you have a peculiar anti-Southern streak.

First you tell others we're all mixed with Amerindian, and now you're saying we're all Mediterranean to boot.

Anyway, I don't take any study as unquestionable truth, but it is a scientific study which I must recognize with merit.

Last Online
    Subrace
    Nordid-Baltid (Aistin)
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Occupation
    college student
    Politics
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I wasn't aware that acknowledging what I believe to be the truth made me anti-Southern. I have certain issues with the mentality of the Old South, yes; these being the thorough Christianization of Southern society; the anti-scientific mindset of most Southerners (how many scientists, engineers, and inventors has the South produced, as opposed to the innumerable political thinkers and lawyers?); and the rampant Anglophilia and distrust of Germans and Slavs. The arrogant temper, greed and political brashness of many Southern leaders combined with the religious insanity and psychotic multiculturalism of Abolitionists led to a war in which 600,000 men died for no real reason.
    Perhaps this brashness and emotionalism was the Mediterranean element . It would explain why the Code Duello thrived in the South long after it had expired in more northerly climes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast