Other Other
    student
    Politics
    Irish Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Asdaja i have read his book, ive read everything about him and hiindley (she was pretty btw) as ive said serial killers interest me greatly

Last Online
    Thursday, November 8th, 2018 @ 05:17 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Other Other
    student
    Politics
    Irish Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i forgot to actually tell you about the book...im silly what can i say!

i read it about a year ago, well last march or april to be exact.
    i found ian's writing style excellent - he was, to me atleast , intelligent,engaging and at times absoloutely hilarious (read the peter sutcliffe chapter) however, other people who have read it simply said he came across as purely arrogant, which of course he did to a degree but its his nature so theres little point or merit in arguing with it.
    he deals with the characteristics/traits of both psychotic and psychopathic killers adequately, and sheds some light on both why killers kill and why he killed (many references to him are in the 3rd person as he had intended on publishing it under a pseudonym) he is also absoloutely unapologetic - he sees no point in apologising, what point does it have and what would it achieve are his mindsets here.
    he gives an insight into his personal opinions throughout the books as he calls education a ''form of mind control'' and debases political leaders and journalists at every given opportunity - providing me with one of my all time favourite quotes [there are no saints in this world , just liars, lunatics and journalists] he also writes of literature , namely the works of dostoevsky throughout the book and relates raskolnikov to himself it seems at times [he had overestimated his wickedness]
    the chapters on individual killers are for the most part excellent, he knows a lot and gives insight to himself and the same time as letting us look at these people in a new way.he is generally funny through most of these (or that could be my own weird black sense of humour!) and there is a definite air of his superiority running throughout the whole book , which really just lets us see more of who he is, i imagine that was unintentional!
    overall, it is an excellent book Asdaja, if its the type of subject youre interested in you should love it too. he has many interesting anecdotes throughout and i have to say its one of my all time favourite books.
    nico claux calls it one of the best serial killing studies of all time so thats quite a seal of approval
    colin wilson wrote the intro btw.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12