View Poll Results: Are you in favor of euthanasia?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am in favor of passive euthanasia: by withholding of common treatments

36 42.35%
  • I am in favor of active euthanasia: by the use of lethal substances

38 44.71%
  • I am in favor of voluntary euthanasia: with the person’s direct consent

63 74.12%
  • I am in favor of non-voluntary euthanasia: by proxy

22 25.88%
  • I am not in favor of any kind of euthanasia: religious, moral reasons, etcetera

9 10.59%
  • Other

4 4.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Euthanasia, Where Do You Stand?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Northern German, Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Politics
    Classic Liberalism
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Could the person who voted "I am not in favor of any kind of euthanasia: religious, moral reasons, etcetera" please explain why?

Die Sonne scheint noch.

Last Online
    Monday, February 25th, 2008 @ 10:20 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I voted for 'I am in favor of voluntary euthanasia: with the person’s direct consent'. I am however curious- how would one go about voluntarily Euthanizing oneself (wouldn't that be classified as suicide)? Are doctors present? And wouldn't their presence and participation in the euthanasia violate that oath they take?

Last Online
    Thursday, September 11th, 2008 @ 10:35 PM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Paganist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Take care with the Left

Hey! There's a little thing sometimes people omit when they consider euthanasia. In countries where the public health system is of bad quality and where most White individuals cannot afford decent health coverage, the legalization of euthanasia can have a counter-effect on our people... In this case it may serve government as an excellent excuse not to provide good healthcare and instead replace it with legal, free euthanasia...

BTW, a similar thing also happens with abortion. The following example may be helpful to get the big picture. Claiming that a pregnant woman has a "right to choose over her body" and to decide whether not to rise a White child due to her living in a poor condition (or for more trifling reasons, such as not being able to afford good education for more than one child) is not compatible with an ethnically conscious political agenda............................

So, in a nutshell, when talking about these issues, we must be cautious not to support measures which, under specific circumstances, might be helpful to the left-liberal, anti-White status quo.

Regards,

Templar_Knight

Last Online
    Saturday, November 3rd, 2007 @ 07:48 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    In an ideal world, passive euthanasia would be my choice but I realise that it is, perhaps, too "harsh" so consent is also fine.

Senior Member SwordOfTheVistula's Avatar
    Last Online
    Sunday, July 1st, 2012 @ 01:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    50% German, 25% English, 25% Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Virginia Virginia
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Construction, writer/editor
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by templar_knight View Post
    So, in a nutshell, when talking about these issues, we must be cautious not to support measures which, under specific circumstances, might be helpful to the left-liberal, anti-White status quo.
    In that case, we shouldn't have a public health system at all, and leave it in private hands. That would also solve the problem of the potential for the government to push people into euthanasia.

'voluntary euthanasia' is also termed 'assisted suicide', which it outlawed in the US.
    Contact Congress on immigration
    Contact Congress to reject banker bailout
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Ben Franklin

Last Online
    Monday, March 12th, 2012 @ 02:42 AM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Northwest Europe
    Subrace
    Dalo-Faelid w/ Bruenn
    Country
    Other Other
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    student
    Politics
    Representative Town Meeting
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Although I personally have trouble applying it unto myself, I think any other person should have the right to do it voluntary if they really wanted to. Anything by other sources (Kavorkian, etc) would be just dodging what the person really wants and I believe they aren't really true to themselves if they prefer it that way. I also think cutting off life support is a different issue, because the person is asking to have it done, so it is voluntary. My family members have chosen voluntary when they wanted to die, so that may be another reason why I believe it is just.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    I voted for 'I am in favor of voluntary euthanasia: with the person’s direct consent'. I am however curious- how would one go about voluntarily Euthanizing oneself (wouldn't that be classified as suicide)? Are doctors present? And wouldn't their presence and participation in the euthanasia violate that oath they take?
    Yep, I think it's called assisted suicide. A physician must be there. They give the patient a lethal injection and it's bye bye cruel world.

That's what I found on the Wikipedia link:

In 2003, in the Netherlands, 1626 cases were officially reported of euthanasia in the sense of a physician assisting the death (1.2% of all deaths). Usually the sedative sodium thiopental is intravenously administered to induce a coma. Once it is certain that the patient is in a deep coma, typically after some minutes, Pancuronium is administered to stop the breathing and cause death.
    Officially reported were also 148 cases of physician assisted dying (0.14% of all deaths), usually by drinking a strong (10g) barbiturate potion. The doctor is required to be present for two reasons:
    • to make sure the potion is not taken by a different person, by accident (or, theoretically, for "unauthorized" suicide or perhaps even murder)
    • to monitor the process and be available to apply the combined procedure mentioned below, if necessary
    In two cases the doctor was reprimanded for not being present while the patient drank the potion. They said they had not realized that this was required.
    Forty-one cases were reported to combine the two procedures: usually in these cases the patient drinks the potion, but this does not cause death. After a few hours, or earlier in the case of vomiting, the muscle relaxant is administered to cause death.
    By far, most reported cases concerned cancer patients. Also, in most cases the procedure was applied at home.
    In an earlier 2000 study of 649 patients undergoing euthanasia or physician-assisted suicide, 14% of patients undergoing euthanasia had complications such as waking from the coma, spasms or vomiting.[2] Thirty-two percent of patients undergoing physician-assisted suicide had complications which were troublesome enough in 18% to require their doctors to switch to active euthanasia. In this study physicians were absent in 28% of cases of euthanasia and 48% of cases of physician-assisted suicide.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euthana...he_Netherlands

Yep, well, it can be said it's a violation of the Hippocratic oath but doesn't that oath also say they can't use knives and give abortion remedies to women? Cause they've been violating it already then. I say it's justifiable if they want to stop someone's pain.

Last Online
    Sunday, March 21st, 2010 @ 11:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    Old Stock American
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Alabama Alabama
    Family
    I Love Him!
    Occupation
    Women-ness.
    Politics
    Liberal/Traditional
    Religion
    Spiritual
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Assisted Suicide

Assisted Suicide, also called Voluntary Euthanasia, is currently a contentious issue in many countries. The question in the debate is this: if a terminally ill person decides that they wish to end their life, is it acceptable for others to assist them? This would normally take the form of a doctor administering a lethal injection, which would end their life painlessly.

Every human being has a right to life, perhaps the most basic and fundamental of all our rights. However, with every right comes a choice. The right to speech does not remove the option to remain silent; the right to vote brings with it the right to abstain. In the same way, the right to choose to die is implicit in the right to life.

Whatcha think?
    "We've become a nation of strangers. There seems to be very little in common to bond us to our fellow Americans outside of our immediate families,some don't even have that to fall back on."

Sanity Is For The Weak
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwedish
    Ancestry
    Norwedish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Precis når du vil
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Logic
    Religion
    Perfectionism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lyfing View Post
    Assisted Suicide, also called Voluntary Euthanasia, is currently a contentious issue in many countries. The question in the debate is this: if a terminally ill person decides that they wish to end their life, is it acceptable for others to assist them? This would normally take the form of a doctor administering a lethal injection, which would end their life painlessly.

Every human being has a right to life, perhaps the most basic and fundamental of all our rights. However, with every right comes a choice. The right to speech does not remove the option to remain silent; the right to vote brings with it the right to abstain. In the same way, the right to choose to die is implicit in the right to life.

Whatcha think?
    I think too much '' universal values'' meaning the '' right to life'' one of those craps that Western liberals ramping about.
    Jeg er over gjennomsnittet bitter, og liker stort sett ingen andre enn meg selv

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Transylvanian Saxon
    Subrace
    Alpinid/Baltid
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Ethno-Cultural
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    I oppose euthanasia. We were given life by God (or another force), not by ourselves. So only He should take it.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast