View Poll Results: Who discovered America?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Vikings discovered America in 1000 AD; They were led by Eric the Red's son, Leif Erickson

106 69.28%
  • It was the Spanish in 1492, led by Christopher Columbus; That's what they taught me in school

11 7.19%
  • Duh, It was the Chinese; Didn't you read that book, "1421: The Year China Discovered America"?

3 1.96%
  • Other....(please explain)

33 21.57%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112

Thread: 'America Discovered!', But By Whom?

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    4 Weeks Ago @ 10:46 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    666 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Can you post a picture of this point? Then can you post a Clovis point? The only similarity is they are both large.
    I'm not saying they are similar, I'm was asking rhetorically if they have to be and the answer is....no they don't.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Last Online
    Thursday, September 7th, 2017 @ 12:29 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mixed Germanic and Celtic
    Ancestry
    British Isles & Scandinavia
    Subrace
    Borreby x Nordic
    Country
    Other Other
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Gondolier
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    Lacrosse was transported to Europe by the French, when they controlled Canada. I read this years ago in an 18Th Century account by French Fur traders.
    It was reintroduced because a similar sport was played in Scandinavia.

Last Online
    Friday, October 7th, 2016 @ 02:13 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Cape Province Cape Province
    Youth
    Religion
    none
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I'm not saying they are similar, I'm was asking rhetorically if they have to be and the answer is....no they don't.
    The answer is those two archaeologists said they were. They said the Clovis point resembled Solutrean points and then came up with a theory of migration based upon it. If the connection cannot be made between the two points, then the whole migration theory falls apart. Actually, if fell apart upon inception due to a logical flaw which is you can't base a complicated theory on one simple, disputed, piece of evidence.

„Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    666 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    The answer is those two archaeologists said they were. They said the Clovis point resembled Solutrean points and then came up with a theory of migration based upon it. If the connection cannot be made between the two points, then the whole migration theory falls apart. Actually, if fell apart upon inception due to a logical flaw which is you can't base a complicated theory on one simple, disputed, piece of evidence.
    I'm not saying that all migration occurred over the Atlantic, only that some did. So there is no need to connect Clovis with Solutrean. Those two archaeologists where wrong in their objective thinking of trying to link the two.

Yes, you can base a complicated theory on one simple piece of disputed evidence. Ask a prosecuting attorney that question and see what they say, if they give you an honest answer.

Is it a Solutrean point?.......yes it is.
    How did it get there?.............no answer.

Because most archaeologist are educated idiots. They are only thinking within the perimeters of what they know instead of asking the unknown. Instead of trying a new theory they tried clinging to the idea Clovis and Solutrean were related. This is not objective thinking, but only going with their trained thoughts. It is bad or lazy science, it happens all the time with so called experts.

The fact remains that you cannot prove that Solutreans did not migrate across the Atlantic and I cannot prove they did, other than of course than one piece of evidence.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Youth
    Religion
    none
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I'm not saying that all migration occurred over the Atlantic, only that some did. So there is no need to connect Clovis with Solutrean. Those two archaeologists where wrong in their objective thinking of trying to link the two.
    I'm not saying that all migration occurred over the Atlantic, only that some did

Yes, you can base a complicated theory on one simple piece of disputed evidence. Ask a prosecuting attorney that question and see what they say, if they give you an honest answer.

Is it a Solutrean point?.......yes it is.
    How did it get there?.............no answer.

Because most archaeologist are educated idiots. They are only thinking within the perimeters of what they know instead of asking the unknown. Instead of trying a new theory they tried clinging to the idea Clovis and Solutrean were related. This is not objective thinking, but only going with their trained thoughts. It is bad or lazy science, it happens all the time with so called experts.

The fact remains that you cannot prove that Solutreans did not migrate across the Atlantic and I cannot prove they did, other than of course than one piece of evidence.
    Let's do this by the numbers.

1. I'm not saying that all migration occurred over the Atlantic, only that some did."

This is an extreme theory and it demands extensive proof. Where is your proof? Just one fact.

2. "Yes, you can base a complicated theory on one simple piece of disputed evidence."

Not in archaeology.

3. "Is it a Solutrean point?.......yes it is."

No, it is not and that is 100%, dead bang, absolute fact. It is nothing like Solutrean.

4. "How did it get there?.............no answer."

Here is the answer: Clovis people made it. It is a Clovis point.

5. "The fact is you cannot prove Solutreans did not migrate across the Atlantic.."

Yes I can. They were all dead by Clovis times for 10,000 years.

You are trying to advance a theory by saying I cannot disprove it. I can but that is not the point. To advance a theory, proof is needed. These two archaeologists provided the alleged point and said it was Solutrean. The remainder of the archaeologists said no and disproved the claim using a variety of methods. That brings it back to zero and to advance it again, new proof is needed.

„Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    666 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    Here is the answer: Clovis people made it. It is a Clovis point.
    I don't think so, true it is a bi faced point, but it is not so similar to Clovis. I don't buy the theory of a parallel occurrence either. Things with that kind of skill don't happen by chance.

Even if the Solutreans died out before the arrival of Clovis and if they did make to North America, that would make them the first to discover this land. We may never know how advanced each peoples were given the fact that most of their possessions were probably of organic composition and decomposed. One thing is certain is that at this point all is just theory and not fact. As far as them crossing the Atlantic goes, greater feats under harsher conditions have been accomplished by modern man, that it is very much in the realm of possibility.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Youth
    Religion
    none
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I don't think so, true it is a bi faced point, but it is not so similar to Clovis. I don't buy the theory of a parallel occurrence either. Things with that kind of skill don't happen by chance.

Even if the Solutreans died out before the arrival of Clovis and if they did make to North America, that would make them the first to discover this land. We may never know how advanced each peoples were given the fact that most of their possessions were probably of organic composition and decomposed. One thing is certain is that at this point all is just theory and not fact. As far as them crossing the Atlantic goes, greater feats under harsher conditions have been accomplished by modern man, that it is very much in the realm of possibility.
    I'm going to let you have the last word on this.

Last Online
    Thursday, September 7th, 2017 @ 12:29 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mixed Germanic and Celtic
    Ancestry
    British Isles & Scandinavia
    Subrace
    Borreby x Nordic
    Country
    Other Other
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Gondolier
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    There is no unambiguous evidence for the Solutrean presence in the NW. Archaeological cultures are not reducible to a single type of spear point. There is not enough similarity to make the case. Clovis people and their predecessors came from Siberia.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112