Labour
    Religion
    Anglican
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post Keltic Nordics in British Isles

Precisely, where in the British Isles (eg. What Counties or areas within a region) would one find the heaviest concentration of Keltic Nordics?

I understand East Anglia and the counties of Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex and Lincoln serve as the main base for the Anglo Saxon type.

South Wales, Southeastern Ireland, Cornwall, Devon, Lancashire and the western Scottish Highlands hold the lion's share of North Atlantids. While it is said the industrial West Midland counties of Staffordshire and Warwickshire, along with the south western industrial districts near Glasgow in the Scottish Lowlands, as well as the counties of south eastern Wales, Cornwall, Devon have large populations of Paleo-Atlantids.

The north eastern English counties of York, Durham, and Cleveland hold large populations of of Halstatt Nordics, Tronders and even a native English version of the Irish Brunn.

Yet, I'm still confused as to where one would find the strongest base for Keltic Nordicism. I've read some people say London and the Home Counties would be a good choice, while others have said Northern England (yeah, but where in Northern England...it's a big place!) or even eastern Ireland (not South Eastern Ireland). Which answer, if any, is correct?

Please spare me the typical reply we get from so many of our psedo-intellectual types on this forum like, "Everywhere in Britain," or "we really shouldn't look at centres of concentration and phenotypes; rather, we should celebrate in our universal Europeaness." Etc., etc.,.....blagh, blagh, blagh.

Last Online
    Tuesday, December 10th, 2019 @ 07:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Atlanto-Saxon
    Country
    Canada Canada
    State
    Alberta Alberta
    conservative
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Post Re: Keltic Nordics in British Isles

LOL!

BTW, do you have any pics of English Brunns?

Last Online
    Friday, March 23rd, 2007 @ 11:21 PM
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know anything about such a distribution but they classified me as Celtic Nordic. Here's where my names meet. I'm not sure if this will help at all, I'm just a newbie! All the pink dots mean the Grandmother's name is from somewhere in that range.

EDIT: I found something some information at the Race Gallery at www.*******.com. Replace the asterisk'd word with the word 'nordish'. I guess it's a taboo word or something so I'm supposed to show it like that.
    Last edited by Altruist; Friday, March 11th, 2005 at 03:15 AM.

Last Online
    Friday, March 17th, 2006 @ 07:07 AM
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Occupation
    Sea Captain
    Politics
    Labour
    Religion
    Anglican
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hey, that's a cool map. Where did you get that done? My surname is fairly common in East Anglia, but my mother's maiden name is really rare. Her people come originally from way up on the north east coast of England, but I'd be curious to see where her maiden name would turn up on a cyber map like that. Eitherway, let's keep this short and to the point, because I really don't want to steer this thread off topic. Thanks!

Last Online
    Friday, March 23rd, 2007 @ 11:21 PM
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you! Alas there is no such invention which can find one's name on a map using a program, that I know of, just yet. I just searched google for a map of Britain and used the information that my parents gave me to place the areas where each of our ancestors left for the New World, to create the map in the Bitmap editor, AKA Microsoft Paint.

My parents don't possess detailed records of our genealogy, but they know up to the point of the departure to Canada. Perhaps your relatives will know a thing or two!

Quote Originally Posted by Ted
    Precisely, where in the British Isles (eg. What Counties or areas within a region) would one find the heaviest concentration of Keltic Nordics?

I understand East Anglia and the counties of Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex and Lincoln serve as the main base for the Anglo Saxon type.

South Wales, Southeastern Ireland, Cornwall, Devon, Lancashire and the western Scottish Highlands hold the lion's share of North Atlantids. While it is said the industrial West Midland counties of Staffordshire and Warwickshire, along with the south western industrial districts near Glasgow in the Scottish Lowlands, as well as the counties of south eastern Wales, Cornwall, Devon have large populations of Paleo-Atlantids.

The north eastern English counties of York, Durham, and Cleveland hold large populations of of Halstatt Nordics, Tronders and even a native English version of the Irish Brunn.

Yet, I'm still confused as to where one would find the strongest base for Keltic Nordicism. I've read some people say London and the Home Counties would be a good choice, while others have said Northern England (yeah, but where in Northern England...it's a big place!) or even eastern Ireland (not South Eastern Ireland). Which answer, if any, is correct?

Please spare me the typical reply we get from so many of our psedo-intellectual types on this forum like, "Everywhere in Britain," or "we really shouldn't look at centres of concentration and phenotypes; rather, we should celebrate in our universal Europeaness." Etc., etc.,.....blagh, blagh, blagh.
    Well then Ted, I'll spare you a reply.

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 30th, 2005 @ 05:15 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Moderate
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll have to dig through some literature I have to see if I can find data on concentrations of Keltic types. For now, I'll just say that they are common in all of middle and western England, Wales and eastern Ireland. They occur in nearly all places where the other types (North-Atlantid or Atlanto-Med, etc.) you mentioned occur and are often mixed with them. Racial types in England, like everywhere in Europe, grade into each other and overlap each other. North Atlantid is probably actually a Keltic/Atlantomed cross.

Last Online
    Thursday, July 28th, 2011 @ 06:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scottish (basically)
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Well firstly I think they are indeed found over all the counties of England, Wales, Southern Scotland, and Ireland, but according to Coon they are less common in Wales and either rare or non-existent in North-East Scotland. But they are perhaps more evenly spread than other types, so there may be little knowledge on where they're concentrated.

Last Online
    Friday, March 17th, 2006 @ 07:07 AM
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Occupation
    Sea Captain
    Politics
    Labour
    Religion
    Anglican
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'll go out on a limb here and say their largest centre of concentration is in the Home Counties and London. Not because this is the most populated area of England, but because it seems all the other areas of England are noted for the prevalence of some other phenotype. Now granted the Anglo-Saxon type would predominate in the London estuary area in the eastern Home Counties, and the existance of the darker Paleo Atlantid type would get more noticable the further north-west one travels in the Home Counties. I don't have any empirical information to back this up, but from my previous readings on this topic, and from just general observations while growing up and living in this area of England, I will attest that this is the case. Am I correct?

Last Online
    Friday, December 8th, 2006 @ 02:25 AM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

You probably are and I had the same impression, although I have of course not been in all counties. I also think mostly in south-east England. Not much in Northern England. Quite a lot in Cheshire though.

"The p-Celtic languages are almost universally associated with the invaders of Britain in the pre-Roman Iron Age (the La Tene period). That these men occupied south-east Britain to a considerable extent there can be no doubt, and it is highly probable that their physical type is far more characteristic of the English plain to-day than of any part of Wales, save probably the Severn valley. Yet it is Wales that talks the p-Celtic language, which may have reached it in Roman times, while the Severn valley and the English plain have taken to English speech. Thus we see how inadvisable it is to speak of language-groups as race-groups."

Herbert John Fleure, The Peoples of Europe, Oxford University Press, 1925

Quote Originally Posted by Ted
    Am I correct?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast