Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SATURDAY, JUNE 21st, 10PM ET, 7PM PT...

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 25th, 2006 @ 12:24 PM
    Subrace
    Arya/Paleoeuropeidal (norda) :D
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Fairness
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Originally posted by Sigrun Christianson
    The attending doctor asked the referee to stop the fight after the 6th round due to an eye injury suffered by Klitschko. I saw a good close up of that cut and it was pretty damn bad. I'm surprised they let him fight on for another two rounds after the cut had really opened up.
    Out of regard for the truth, matches have been continued even after more severe cuts - especially those for a title. Vitali was basically robbed, as he could have continued.

None
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, April 3rd, 2006 @ 09:17 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Out of regard for the truth, Slovenian, I was being entirely truthful. That cut above his eye (an extremely dangerous place to be cut) and the smaller one below his eye were more than enough to stop the fight. The cut on top was deep and open and really bad. The doctor probably feared that Vitali's eyesight in his left eye was in serious jeopardy and I agree. I'm glad they stopped it because I think his eyesight is more important than winning the title.

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 25th, 2006 @ 12:24 PM
    Subrace
    Arya/Paleoeuropeidal (norda) :D
    Country
    Fairness
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm glad they stopped it because I think his eyesight is more important than winning the title.
    Yeah, but he wanted to continue . The injury was severe, but they usually don't stop these fights for such "trifling" matters. There were championship fights that went on despite much more serious injuries. I would have accepted it if he had given up himself, but a boxer like Vitali wouldn't do that. Perhaps not a bad decision after all.

The 7th, 8th and 9th round would probably go off peacefully, the boxers sizing each other up before the final rounds, and Vitali could recover from his cut and he would have most likely achieved a well-deserved victory, since he was in good shape and his stamina in the last two rounds would enable him to take a final swing or win on points. My two cents.

None
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Subrace
    Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Of course he wanted to continue - a good boxer never, ever wants to quit. If all of his teeth have been knocked out, both eyes are swollen shut, and both hands are broken, he still wants to continue. They good ones will keeping fighting until they collapse into a coma. That's why the doc and the corner has to step in and make a decision based on the fighters overall health & wellness. It's better that Vitali TKOs out of this fight and is able to fight again in the future with two good eyes.

The only people who consider this a loss for Vitali are the Lewis team. Everyone who saw that fight knows that Vitali was winning and probaby would have continued had it not been stopped. Vitali now has experience in the ring with a world-class fighter and than can only help him in the future. If Vitali were my fighter, I would have stopped it before the 6th.

I had Vitali taking rounds 1, 2, 4, 6.

Here's what I'd like Vitali to work on for the future:
    • Keeping his damn guard up. Had he been more vigilent about his guard, he could have prevented some of that eye damage.
    • His quickness. He's faster than a lot of heavyweights, but he if he wants to be world-class, he needs to move even faster. Had Lewis been in top condition, the Lewis of two or three years ago, he would have slaughtered Vitali with speed alone.
    • His stance and activity between throws & combinations. A little bouncing would probably help him keep his defense up. Inactivity between combos saves energy and lets him rest, but last night he had plenty of rest between rounds when the doc was examining him in his corner.
    • I think he needs to add another person to his corner (preferably me) because I think his corner really wasn't helping him much or giving him good advice. I also have some cut experience.

-Sig, PE's Official Boxing Analyst

Last Online
    Wednesday, January 12th, 2005 @ 11:45 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid-Baltid (Aistin)
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Occupation
    college student
    Politics
    Environmentalism and eugenics
    Religion
    occultism & Nature worship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Even the mainstream press is supportive of Klitschko and highly critical of Lewis. Lewis was supposed to 'confirm' his self-proclaimed status as the greatest heavyweight of his era?

There simply has to be a rematch. Klitschko is very hungry for this title. Lewis's weaknesses have been exposed. He has to fight Klitschko again to try and save face. Of course, Vitali will take him down in the rematch.

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 16th, 2005 @ 08:00 AM
    Subrace
    Dinarid-UP-Kelt Nordid-Alpinid
    Country
    Occupation
    Public sector
    Politics
    Misanthrope
    Religion
    None
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Why should one care about this sort of thing? As Fionn pointed out, we have shorter arms. Also, the rules limit what one can actually do. As we are the most intelligent and the best in many physical areas, we are much better at no-rules-real-world fighting than blacks are, all else being equal (age, etc.). All of this aside, we invented guns, so what does it matter that they can beat us in some artificial situation (i.e. legs are not allowed, grappling is not allowed, gloves are worn, etc.)? These so-called undefeatable congoids would be easily defeated by whites in a general fight situation. Either that, or the white man could simply shoot the sub-human in self-defense, since we have every right to use that which our naturally evolved brains have given us.

None
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Subrace
    Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Von Braun, we are talking about the Lewis-Klitschko fight. Stay on topic.

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 16th, 2005 @ 08:00 AM
    Subrace
    Dinarid-UP-Kelt Nordid-Alpinid
    Country
    Occupation
    Public sector
    Politics
    Misanthrope
    Religion
    None
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Von Braun, we are talking about the Lewis-Klitschko fight. Stay on topic.
    That fight existed in a larger context that my previous post addressed.

Last Online
    Thursday, November 8th, 2018 @ 04:17 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Other Other
    student
    Politics
    Irish Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Originally posted by Von Braun
    Why should one care about this sort of thing? As Fionn pointed out, we have shorter arms. Also, the rules limit what one can actually do. As we are the most intelligent and the best in many physical areas, we are much better at no-rules-real-world fighting than blacks are, all else being equal (age, etc.). All of this aside, we invented guns, so what does it matter that they can beat us in some artificial situation (i.e. legs are not allowed, grappling is not allowed, gloves are worn, etc.)? These so-called undefeatable congoids would be easily defeated by whites in a general fight situation. Either that, or the white man could simply shoot the sub-human in self-defense, since we have every right to use that which our naturally evolved brains have given us.
    its just a match.why shouldnt people be interested in it? should i give up watching horse racing incase any '''subhumans'' are involved?
    regardless,the point is that should you ever get into a fight with lennox lewis and you have no weapons chances are he will beat you to a pulp-face facts hes a big, strong man. :

None
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Subrace
    Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Von Braun, stay on topic. If you want to talk about other things, start a new thread. I love boxing and I have for a long time and there were a ton of great white fighters (Irishmen in particular ).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast