State
    Essex Essex
    Putinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Post The Nordish Concept

There seems to be a great deal of misunderstanding on these boards on what the term "Nordish" actually means. I don't blame people for the confusion, since there are so many people going around, spreading their "opinions" about the Nordic race and the Nordish concept.

There has been a lot of criticism of the SNPA website. But in all honesty, I am yet to see a better anthropological definition of the northern European peoples. People are quick to criticize, but slow to read up and try to understand. Quick to criticize, but slow to offer a viable alternative. The SNPA has drawn most of their teachings and observations from accredited anthropologists, like Carleton Coon.

Unfortunately, many people who are non-Nordish want to be Nordish - and thus they attempt to bend the parameters to include them too in the Nordish community. So now we have the situation where people argue that they are perfectly Nordish, when in fact they are not at all. Nordish is not equivalent to white or European. Many people seem to think so, and that is why many white Europids want to claim the Nordish classification for themselves... but in fact they are predominantly Dinarid, Alpinid or Mediterranid, or even some other Europid category. We have to be honest with ourselves, people. There is no reward for deceiving ourselves.

Regards,

Loki
    Last edited by Loki; Wednesday, June 18th, 2003 at 08:27 PM.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Essex Essex
    Putinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

What Nordish is NOT:

- White
    - European
    - Ethnically and/or linguistically Germanic
    - Superior Ubermensch
    - Alpine
    - Dinaric
    - Mediterranean
    - A prerequisite to be a proud white person
    - A Neo-Nazi skinhead
    - A rightwing American nationalist

What Nordish IS:

- People of northern European racial heritage, generally having the characteristically fair hair and eyes. There are some darker strains, though, too.

- Generally includes individuals from these traditional ethnic groups: Germanic, Celtic, Slavic, Baltic and a few selected others. Please note that the Germanic volkerwanderung has introduced these racial types into other communities outside northern Europe - most notably Italy, France, Spain, Portugal, North Africa (Vandals), and several others. Thus, the Nordish element is to be found in individuals and/or families in such cases.

- Peripheral cases of Nordish may include varying degrees of non-Nordish Europid ancestry. These may be Dinarid, Alpinid, Mediterranid or other Europid strains. But these admixtures are always in the background, and never predominate. When these non-Nordish features predominate, the individual should be classified with the particular non-Nordish group.
    Last edited by Loki; Wednesday, June 18th, 2003 at 10:49 PM.

Last Online
    Thursday, November 8th, 2018 @ 04:17 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Other Other
    student
    Politics
    Irish Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i agree that there is no reward for deceiving ourselves i just wanted to add that there is no reward for being nordish or not either- if you happen to find out youre nordish tomorrow no one is going to arrive on your doorstep wielding flowers and chocolates - the same way that if you are not nordish no one is going to try and kill you either.
    its a very interesting subject but i just think people should bear in mind that their personality wont suddenly change because they find out theyre alpine or hallstatt

Last Online
    Thursday, January 18th, 2007 @ 06:36 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Originally posted by Scathach
    its a very interesting subject but i just think people should bear in mind that their personality wont suddenly change because they find out theyre alpine or hallstatt

Demigorgona comes to mind.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Essex Essex
    Putinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Originally posted by Scathach
    i agree that there is no reward for deceiving ourselves i just wanted to add that there is no reward for being nordish or not either- if you happen to find out youre nordish tomorrow no one is going to arrive on your doorstep wielding flowers and chocolates - the same way that if you are not nordish no one is going to try and kill you either.
    You are right, of course. :thumb

Last Online
    Thursday, November 8th, 2018 @ 04:17 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Other Other
    student
    Politics
    Irish Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Purifier
    Last Online
    Wednesday, April 25th, 2012 @ 01:23 AM
    Ethnicity
    Slavic/Germanic
    Country
    United States United States
    -
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

My problem with the SNPA website is the bias in favour of Northwest European types over Northeast European types. It's subtle, but clearly there.
    For instance: look at the pics they have of the 'Neo-Danubian' type. Compare those to the pics they have of any of the NW European types. Now come on. You mean to tell me they could not find pictures of attractive Neo-Danubians? Fionn posted a huge string of pics of attractive Neo-Danubians a couple months back, so clearly such pics are not hard to find.
    Personally this is not a huge issue to me. I only rate a '3' on that scale (according to Karl Earlson and Northstar, anyway), so it's not like I'm uber-nord. And besides, I find East meds and Dinarics more attractive than 'nordish' types.
    The bias shown by McCulloch and the SNPA is more irritating than anything else, but hey - no one is perfect. And Loki is right: The SNPA is the best (only) site of its kind.

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post The Nordish Concept

The more time I spend on Skadi, the more I feel drawn towards Nordicism. I have, however, repeatedly been told that the ‘Nordish’ group has no real anthropological value, and I’d like to know why. What’s wrong with the concept? Speak now, or forever hold your peace

Last Online
    Thursday, June 16th, 2011 @ 10:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Oklahoma Oklahoma
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Post Re: The Nordish Concept

Because the Nordish concept is primarily Political, and used as such, I'm okay with that. It is based upon some anthropology. The main problems I have with the idea as presented by McCulloch is how the lines are drawn, and what is considered acceptable for 'assimilation' on his scale. I dont think the term Nordish is tied to McCulloch anymore, however, as many of us use the same term for similar ideas that are a little less political, and a little more scientific. What I find odd about the Nordish concept as presented by McCulloch is the high ranking of Alpinids on his scale, and how the 'Meds' are split into 'gracile' and ungracilized .... an E. Med. is an E. Med. Basically that is saying: "well, we dont like your folk: but if you're a pretty one, thats okay." I dont wonder if one was consistent, we could just apply the 'gracile/non-gracile' to others on the scale: Alpinids, Atlantids, UPs, heck... even Nordics. We could call it Gracile Nationalism, or 'skinny pretty people movement'. Of course, it would be where all the hot girls are. (for the humor cripples, there was humor in this response.. though I am serious about the criticism.)

In other words, there are issues with how the term is used, but I dont think that by any form of logic requires the rejection of the term, or even much of the concept.

Last Online
    Sunday, November 29th, 2009 @ 08:58 PM
    Subrace
    Arya/W.Baltic with Brunn
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Paleoconservative
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Re: The Nordish Concept

I'm kind of up in the air on the whole Nordish thing. Some use it to mean any North Western European, regardless of pigmentation and physical form. Others are pretty strict, but allow any gracile depigmented type in. To me, it's more of a political construct, a League of Relatively Depigmented Mostly Northern Europeans. I've been a little confused on the anthropology side of things, and an experience the other day cemented my confusion/doubt. I was talking with some acquaintances, one being a gigantic Brunn, the other some sort of gracile Nordic. Looking at the two of them side by side I thought to myself "how the heck can these two people be linked anthropologically at all?"

In short, I've no idea what I'm talking about

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast