Subrace
    Don't know
    Right wing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Re: The Nordish concept

Gareth, you are misunderstanding Coon's use of English probably because you are not a native English speaker. Blond/Brunet are use by Coon to mean skin pigmentation, skin tone if you understand American English. It means a light skin colour tinged by the red of blood showing throught the pale skin. You are interpreting blond only with hair colour whereas Coon uses it in a holistic way to refer to skin or eye or hair colour.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, September 5th, 2008 @ 07:36 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azdaja
    My problem with the SNPA website is the bias in favour of Northwest European types over Northeast European types. It's subtle, but clearly there.
    For instance: look at the pics they have of the 'Neo-Danubian' type. Compare those to the pics they have of any of the NW European types. Now come on. You mean to tell me they could not find pictures of attractive Neo-Danubians? Fionn posted a huge string of pics of attractive Neo-Danubians a couple months back, so clearly such pics are not hard to find.
    Personally this is not a huge issue to me. I only rate a '3' on that scale (according to Karl Earlson and Northstar, anyway), so it's not like I'm uber-nord. And besides, I find East meds and Dinarics more attractive than 'nordish' types.
    The bias shown by McCulloch and the SNPA is more irritating than anything else, but hey - no one is perfect. And Loki is right: The SNPA is the best (only) site of its kind.
    Coon used a picture of a very attractive Finnish girl to represent Caucasoids in his book, The Living Races of Man. McCulloch is not a scientist, he is a popularizer. About every ten years, someone massages Coon's work into their own book. McCulloch's focus is on the importance of UP types in Euorpe. Maybe that is a good idea.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, September 5th, 2008 @ 07:36 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Utilitarianism
    Hasn't anyone noticed how extremely anti-german Coon is? It isn't in the interest of any German to promote McCullochism.
    I have never noticed any anti-German bias in Coon's work. In fact, Coon expends a great deal of print dealing with Germanic countries. Please cite an example.

Last Online
    Friday, December 8th, 2006 @ 03:25 AM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I think that the lads behind SNPA made a great contribution, but I agree that the gallery can be improved. We must remember that it takes a lot of time and patience to create such a website.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWalker
    Also, even the experts at Nordish.com make mistakes, for instance some of the pics of celebrities they use for examples are known to have semetic (jewish) admixture.

Last Online
    Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 @ 09:27 AM
    Ethnicity
    Nordish
    Subrace
    Troendertype/Nordid/Faelish
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Idaho Idaho
    Divorced, looking
    Occupation
    Impregnating Captured Earthwomen
    Politics
    Folk and Land
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Balder
    I think that the lads behind SNPA made a great contribution, but I agree that the gallery can be improved. We must remember that it takes a lot of time and patience to create such a website.
    I agree, it is a very nice webpage, my point was that it is not an exact science, trying for instance to guess the percent of Nordish and Borreby in a particular Falish individual is pretty difficult.
    http://northwestfront.org/

......naturally the best man could give them the best children. Because of that these chosen Freyr priests had several wives. - Varg Vikernes

Last Online
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I don't even think that their idea of Fälish is correct. Phalian is defined as long-headed (in theory, in practice most modern ones are mesocephalic and perhaps even sub-brachycephalic) and it exist irrespective of Scando-Nordid or Borreby (which did not even yield an independent race according to Lundman). Karl Earlson has adressed this issue very well.

Their definition of North-Atlantid is also unique and it can't be based on the work of any anthropologist that I have read. Coon didn't even mention such a type, but European anthropologist did, and they didn't define it as SNPA.

http://www.white-history.com/earlson/phalian.htm

http://www.white-history.com/earlson/fal001.htm

I should mention though that dalischen (or Dalic) is according to Lundman a misnomer, from German anthropologist who never set their foot in Sweden. There's no such type in Dalarna.

I think that Earlson's Nordish concept is more satisfactory.

http://www.white-history.com/earlson/Nordish.htm

However, the "Pomeranian Man" does not look Scando-Nordid. The closest would be Trönder-approximative, but he does not look like a western European Germanic Nordid. I think that the idea is interesting but the examples are not that good. The problem is still genetical relatedness. It doesn't take a genious to see that the Fenno-Nordic man is probably not that closely related.

I suggest that three Nordid (which you can call central) types are enough, Scando-Nordid (Göta, Västmanland and Trönder), Phalian and North-Atlantid. These are the main Nordids of Swedish anthropologist Bertil Lundman, who wrote material up to 1988. The higher-skulled East-Nordids are derived from different proto-groups, and they should therefore not be lumped together.

I agree, it is a very nice webpage, my point was that it is not an exact science, trying for instance to guess the percent of Nordish and Borreby in a particular Falish individual is pretty difficult.

Last Online
    Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 @ 09:27 AM
    Ethnicity
    Nordish
    Subrace
    Troendertype/Nordid/Faelish
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Idaho Idaho
    Divorced, looking
    Occupation
    Impregnating Captured Earthwomen
    Politics
    Folk and Land
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Yes, your statement adds to my point, can hardly be considered an exact science when the leading anthropologists have different opinions.
    http://northwestfront.org/

......naturally the best man could give them the best children. Because of that these chosen Freyr priests had several wives. - Varg Vikernes

Last Online
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Many names mean the same, but Coon has some unique ones not found among other anthropologists.

There's more modern German anthropology too, by e.g. Schwidetzky.

Some works are somewhat outdated. There are different opinions in all sciences. The theories are always modified by new knowledge. The problem is that physical anthropology (especially in western countries) have been influenced by the social sciences since the 60's. That is a political issue.

They still talk about race in Hungarian medical schools. They don't do that in Sweden. There are also physiological differences not only between races, but also inbetween the sub-races. All people don't even have the same amount of muscles.

Yes, your statement adds to my point, can hardly be considered an exact science when the leading anthropologists have different opinions.

Last Online
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I think that we could make a Nordish concept with Scando-Nordid as central, then Phalian, and third North-Atlantid.

You can have Palaeo-Atlantid and Tydal as Peripheral.

The Anglo-Saxon would fit in Phalian.

Borreby is too obscure, and it's something ancient.

Keltic Nordic would fit in West-Nordid with minor Litoroid (Mediterranid + Bell Beaker Taurid, Dinarid or Armenoid).

Sub-Nordic is phenotypically between Lundman's Phalian and Coon's Keltic Nordic.

Last Online
    Thursday, January 18th, 2007 @ 07:36 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I've split these posts from MommyGoosestep's My Picture thread. They were getting off topic.

Borreby exists as one the components of Nordish. I think Drew Carey is Borreby.

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hc&id...&cf=mm&intl=us

IHR Revisionist Conference, April 24, 2004, internet broadcast:

http://www.internationalrevisionistconference.c om/

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast