Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post Evaluation of the Ethnic Composition in the Population of Argentine

Evaluation of the Ethnic Composition in the Population of Argentine
    D Corach et al.

"As depicted in most Latin American countries, there is in Argentina, a clear asymmetry regarding Amerindian matrilineage mestizo (83.3%) when compared with Amerindian patrilineage (16.7%). A clear discrepancy arose in comparison with the
    physical anthropological position that claims a minimal aboriginal component in Argentina’s population. This contribution provides additional information that supports a more relevant Amerindian component in a country that claimed to be the most European one of the entire Latin America."

Last Online
    Wednesday, April 19th, 2006 @ 03:22 AM
    Subrace
    Old Germanic Reihengräber type
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Occupation
    Hustler
    Politics
    advanced tribalism
    Religion
    scientific pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Re: Evaluation of the Ethnic Composition in the Population of Argentine

I think it is the whitest country overall, maybe Brazil has more unmixed europeans, but they certaintly have the largest percentage of european blood. I have noticed that argentinian mestizos are more a mix of mediteranean and ameridian, spaniards being the original settlers. Since that initial absorbtion of indian blood by the spanish, there's really only been pure european colonization, with a present yet small minority of Nordics.

Last Online
    Thursday, September 11th, 2008 @ 10:35 PM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Paganist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I think, on the basis of many research, studies and personal observations that Argentinian population is mostly white. Of course, the fact is rather known by many. Surely, Argentinian concept of whitness, is not in "perfect" line with anglo-saxon standards, but this is the culture of all latin american countries. To be more precise, i'd say that caucasian-white phenotype is dominant in 85-90% of entire population.

Last Online
    Country
    Paganist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Uruguay has a similar ethnic composition : 85-90% white.
    About Chile is more questionable, Although i think near 50 %

Last Online
    Country
    Paganist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

For Brazil i'd say white phenotype to be fully dominant in 40-45% of population.

Last Online
    Thursday, February 19th, 2009 @ 10:55 AM
    Ethnicity
    westphalian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the caucasian population of brazil is mostly in the south, clustered in the sao paulo region. there is especially a great germanic and slavic influence in southern brazil, too, might i add, whereas argentina is mainly spanish and italian with some dashes of germans here and there.

Last Online
    Country
    Paganist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Yes, GERMAN people, constitute about 3% of ENTIRE brazilian pop. (about 5 millions). And 7% of the WHITE component. While italians constitute almost 8/9% of ENTIRE pop., and 16-18% of WHITE component.

About argentina, on a total pop. of 35 ml., between 30-35% has italian roots while 25-30% has spanish roots.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, September 5th, 2008 @ 07:36 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

The people from Argentina we are used to seeing are Caucasian and Med-looking. Overall, they are pretty people with fine features. Many people from Argentina end up in Spanish language soap operas which are on TV here. They can dye their hair blond and look stunning, nordic-like. I have no idea what is happening on the Pampas but in L.A., people from Argentina significantly better looking and acting than average.

Last Online
    Sunday, March 4th, 2012 @ 10:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mostly Romance and some Swedish
    Subrace
    Nordoid
    Occupation
    Student
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Although I agree that most (by this, I mean more than half) of Argentina is white, I think (this is based on my personal experience) that the percentage is much lower than that showed in official records. The lower the class is, the more mestizo it gets (as usual). Most of the whites are of Spanish and Italian origin. A few of them are of German or English origin, although most of them have mixed with the first two. Pure nords are not very common. However, in the upper classes, to exhibit nordic phenotype is not a rare trait. The middle classes are also mainly white. The lower classes are the most mixed ones, and I don't dare to say they're white, and an important percentage of the population is in the lower elements. This is due to internal migrations which brought mixed elements from the provinces, and that from the 50's onwards we've been having a considerable flow of immigrants from peripheral countries (Paraguay, Bolivia and Peru -doesn't border us but it's close enough), which are certainly not white. This "flood" landed on the lower classes, and this keeps happening today. This is what I see in the capital and around, where most of the population clusters.

There is also a regional variation. As a norm, throughout the whole country the High Class is white. Outside Buenos Aires the middle class tends to be much smaller in proportion. In the northern parts of the country some aboriginal tribes subsist, and the percentage of whites is much smaller. But, to the northeast we’ve got some German and Polish, and even Swedish (I have knowledge of only one of these) settlements, so you might come across some Nords. Also to the central part of the country there are some other German settlements . To the south, the indian tribes were almost wiped out by our forces in the 1879 “Campaña del Desierto” (some traitors cry “genocide” when it was an actual war against the savages…). However, a few survived and are still there today. Here we also had some colonization by some Welsh adventurers (and a few English). Also, in Bariloche –on northwest Patagonia- (where Eichmann stayed for a while) there is a Swiss Settlement and also some Germans. This is from my experience and knowledge (I haven’t been to the northern regions, but I know a little information about it). Maybe I’ve got something wrong as it’s mostly my little empirical knowledge, with a little history. Not a very scientific post!

I don’t know how an average Argie would classify an Arab or a Jew, or even some Southern Italians or really dark “Spaniards”(those with arabic blood), but I don’t call them white. We have several middle easterners, and also the largest jewish colony in South America . Also, I don’t regard Diego Maradona (the best football player in history) as a standard white argentine…I don’t see him as truly white.

Dr Solar Wolff: our women can be really beautiful and some are Nordish…and we also have natural blonds!

Seems I’ve gone off subject…excuse me.

"Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Thursday, October 19th, 2017 @ 11:51 AM
    Ethnicity
    New English
    State
    Vermont Vermont
    Smuggler
    Politics
    Ruralist
    Religion
    Old Mother West Wind
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Jarl
    Seems I’ve gone off subject…excuse me.
    No trouble at all. Your post made for an interesting read.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast