Nordid
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Re: samurai vs knight

how am i biased when all i give is facts. And all you give is stuff that don't really say anything about the samurai vs knight stuff, it doesnt help the subject.

You say 14th to 17th century turkish power was by conquest...this statement says what? so turks have conquered europe for 300 years and you think i am biased to say that samurai living on island and not anywhere near europe is a good thing for the knight is bias?

Last Online
    Thursday, February 19th, 2009 @ 10:55 AM
    Ethnicity
    westphalian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

any two distantly related cultures will have similarities, if you look hard enough. the obscure similarities you listed were no more than mere coincidences.

your argument that the japanese samurai and the turkish ghazis were the same has no more basis than some claims (even by the japanese themselves) that they were descendents of ancient jewish tribes.

for example, the site: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/israel/losttribes3.html
    lists some intriguing similarities between japanese culture and jewish culture, but they are just coincidences, no less.

Last Online
    Thursday, March 31st, 2005 @ 09:11 PM
    middle
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sumerian language is also related to turkish, so it's not a coincidence hebrew language has japanese words. They are not distantly related cultures. the hebrew race came from ancient sumerians, because hebrew has many turkish words but the grammar is semitic. Japanese and Chinese are also grammatically different, yet every single word pointed out by that website also is the same with Chinese, in chinese gai-jin is guai-ren. But chinese grammar is not turkish but polynesian. so based on that website chinese are also jews and turks too. or jew are turks?

Last Online
    Saturday, October 22nd, 2005 @ 12:04 AM
    Subrace
    Corded/Balkanoid UP
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Politics
    Nutzi
    Religion
    Agnostic!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jalapenokisses
    how am i biased when all i give is facts.
    What you stated can hardly be called 'fact'.

And all you give is stuff that don't really say anything about the samurai vs knight stuff, it doesnt help the subject.
    Well, the thread has wondered off in some interesting directions.

You say 14th to 17th century turkish power was by conquest...this statement says what? so turks have conquered europe for 300 years and you think i am biased to say that samurai living on island and not anywhere near europe is a good thing for the knight is bias?
    You oversimplify things. First of all, Ottomans conquered SE Europe up to Hungary and Vienna, but haven't managed to go further than that.

If the European forces were united against them, they wouldn't have even made it past Constantinople. Let me remind you that the fatal blow to the Byzantine Empire was struck by Catholic crusaders, the Turks didn't have such a tough job about it.

Their entry into the Balkans was granted by the internal struggles of Serbian and Greek nobles. Their further movements into European soil were from there allowed by the disjointed acting of various European kingdoms and empires.
    Circumstances were great for Turks, for a while.
    At the time, many Orthodox christians saw Islam as a lesser evil than that of western Catholics.

So, European forces at those times weren't inferior to Turks, the circumstances did make a large part of Europe fall into their hands,
    and later, their influence remained, largely thanks to various European empires
    struggling between themselves. I think all European empires supported Ottomans at some point during the interval between the 1600's to 1900's.

Circumstance is what saved Europe many times, circumstance is what ruined it many times. Such is history.

Last Online
    Thursday, March 31st, 2005 @ 09:11 PM
    middle
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you dont call all the nations under christ united in one single crusade, by its kings not union of all europe???!!!!!! if the english king and the french king and the holy roman inquisitors and archbishops couldnt defeat the turkish forces in palestine what big difference do you think it would have made if they showed up at constantinoples? King louis the coward of france got his title when he was captured by turkish forces and then he was let go to walk back to camp of his allies after all his knights had been killed. The english king then decided it was time to go home and the crusades ended, not shortly king louis dies at the hands of the english and france was invaded by england for 100 years.

But what is that gotta do with samurai vs knight? do you think knights are better based on what, what if this what if that? or the turks were only occupying the balkans in the insignificant 500 years time, they had such bad fighters. Jalapeno provided some facts, she didnt say anything non factual event maybe a few errors here and there.

Last Online
    Subrace
    Corded/Balkanoid UP
    Country
    Politics
    Nutzi
    Religion
    Agnostic!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by racial_intellect
    you dont call all the nations under christ united in one single crusade, by its kings not union of all europe???!!!!!! if the english king and the french king and the holy roman inquisitors and archbishops couldnt defeat the turkish forces in palestine what big difference do you think it would have made if they showed up at constantinoples?

Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 12:45 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    State
    Essex Essex
    National Capitalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think some of the people on this thread need to hit the history books before they come back and embarass themselves again...

Awar, interesting about the 12kg swords, i'd never heard of them. Do you have a link? I cant really comprehend how difficult it must have been to wield a sword that heavy.

Last Online
    Subrace
    Corded/Balkanoid UP
    Country
    Politics
    Nutzi
    Religion
    Agnostic!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Re: samurai vs knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jamopy
    Awar, interesting about the 12kg swords, i'd never heard of them. Do you have a link? I cant really comprehend how difficult it must have been to wield a sword that heavy.
    I have an illustrated book about various weapons, and it features
    a photo of such a medieval sword, and some old illustrations on duelling with such swords.

I've tried to wield a 10kg bar in the gym in such a way... not good for the testicles, but definitely possible... with good balancing

Last Online
    Saturday, March 24th, 2007 @ 12:21 AM
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It would be handy to have some websites or something to refer to. I find it hard to imagine that the crusaders had inferior warriors... I agree that there is a huge difference between Mid-Eastern and Japanese people. Different people, different environments, different situations and different lifestyles. It's basically settled for me though, knights have more convincing arguments on any forum/site that I have found concerning this subject.

Last Online
    Tuesday, May 29th, 2018 @ 02:36 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    North Rhine-Westphalia North Rhine-Westphalia
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Right
    Religion
    evangelist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well there are german Zweihänder (simple means "for 2 hands") that weight up to 10 KG - up 170cm in height.
    And there are European Armor Piercers too like the Rabenschnabel (Raven`s Beak) what is a 1handed hammer with a sharp spike otoh the hammerkop , what brings much power onto the target.

And Samurai also had heavy armors up to 25KG (source: Was ist Was*G*)

so my english isnt that good i hope u can understand my writings.

mfg. Joer.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast