View Poll Results: Using the Fitzpatrick model, choose the type which best describes your tannability:

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • I: Always burns, never tans

11 17.19%
  • I–II: Always burns, does not tan after one exposure, but tans lightly after several exposures

21 32.81%
  • II: Always burns, tans slightly after one exposure and after several exposures

10 15.63%
  • II–III: Always burns but tans well

11 17.19%
  • III: Seldom burns, tans well

6 9.38%
  • III–IV: Burns after longer exposure but tans very deeply or never burns but tans lightly

4 6.25%
  • IV: Never burns, tans deeply

1 1.56%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What Skin Type Are You?

Last Online
    Thursday, July 27th, 2006 @ 10:12 AM
    Subrace
    Other
    Race Realism/Hereditarian
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have to question the objectivity of all these people who claim that they can barely tan.
    Well I don't know what to tell you.

I was on the beach for hours at a time when I went to Hawaii and although I came back burned and freckled, the skin remained the same, yielding a pinkish-white hue. Honestly, when I came back from my vacation people had to ask my brother cause they didn't believe me when I told them I had gone.

My nickname at my school is "die weisseste," which in German translates to "the whitest."

I know you are somewhat skeptical when it comes to personal testimony's, and I don't blame you, so I promise to post a picture of my arm or something that will show my inability to tan, that is, once I figure out how to use the damn digital camera.:redhot

Last Online
    Monday, May 3rd, 2004 @ 03:23 AM
    Occupation
    mother
    Politics
    14 WORDS
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am type III being of Italian descent I can't help but tan hehehehe.

Last Online
    Thursday, January 18th, 2007 @ 07:36 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Originally posted by WAUMO1488
    I am type III being of Italian descent I can't help but tan hehehehe.

Are you sub-racially Mediterranean then? I don'tknow if Alpinids get that dark. Maybe.

Last Online
    Monday, May 3rd, 2004 @ 03:23 AM
    Occupation
    mother
    Politics
    14 WORDS
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No I am not, I mean I can't help but tan as in I do get red but it turns to tan by next day.

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 16th, 2005 @ 09:00 AM
    Subrace
    Dinarid-UP-Kelt Nordid-Alpinid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Occupation
    Public sector
    Politics
    Misanthrope
    Religion
    None
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Originally posted by Trønder
    Well I don't know what to tell you.
    This makes no sense, unless what I think of as a "good tan" the people who voted here think of as a "light tan." I am from a heavily northern/central European area (Germans and Scandanavians). In high school, after spring break, Nordish people who I knew for a fact were natural blondes would come back much darker (in my opinion) than they were in winter. I really cannot swallow the possibility that these poll results are some statistcal fluke. I guess the bottomline is that these terms, "light" and "well," are way too subjective.

Many of these old classmates all have pinkish hues in their skin. You have seen my photos: my untanned skin has pink in it. Almost all of the pure Europids of northern European descent from this area whom I have known can tan a *noticeable* amount.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2006 @ 08:08 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Nordicist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Originally posted by Von Braun
    The vast majority of white people, including blondes, tan well (except redheads). I have to question the objectivity of all these people who claim that they can barely tan. eyes:

Go to some sunny beach somewhere in summer. Almost all of the white people you see will be tanned. These votes so far are very peculiar. My hunch: people are calling their tans "slight" because of insecurities.
    Yes, I would agree that the vast majority have some tannability. Even redheads experience a change in coloration, although it is very slight and not really a brownish coloring, and their freckles become more noticeable.

As for myself, I do a lot of yardwork so I am exposed to the sun often. I refuse to hire some blacks or Hispanics to do the job, and even if you talk with a white owner/manager, inevitably a nonwhite creeps in. I just really prefer not to have those people even on my property, whether they are trustworthy or not. I believe if one's goal is to separate the races, he/she should pursue it in their personal lives also.

So as a consequence of this yardwork, I become moderately tanned. I burn all the time, which is partially due to the medication I am on which makes my skin more sensitive. The burning lessens after constant exposure though. After multiple exposures I darken slightly, but never a deep tan like some people I see. Both my uncle and mother have experienced some mild form of skin cancer, so I surely want to avoid extreme exposure which may cause that later in my life. Regardless of any skin creme used, it's always best to avoid exposure altogether, and certainly avoid going out during the brightest time of the day 12-3.

Obviously if you spend a moderate time in the sun, you will notice that the top of your forearm is darker than the underside, and the lower part of your leg is darker than your upper. If you notice any light browning such as this then you can tan.

As for some complaints about the descriptions of the types, they are directly copied from a scientific study about skin. So you can complain to the scientists that you don't like their use of English.

INSOLENT ARROGANCE
    Last Online
    Thursday, August 4th, 2011 @ 08:31 PM
    Subrace
    Mediterranean-Dinaric
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As for me, my skin burns and then turns into a goldenish hue, which I have right now since it is summer and HOT where I reside. I rarely tan and when I do, it's usually for an hour or two. My father on the other hand has played golf almost everyday for over the past 25 years and appears like he's been burnt to a crisp when one looks at him. Heavy exposure to UV rays will do that, if not age one's skin faster. He looks like a Semitic Arab with his heavy tan, even though he's a Dinaricized Mediterranean in structure.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2006 @ 08:08 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Nordicist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Originally posted by Von Braun
    This makes no sense, unless what I think of as a "good tan" the people who voted here think of as a "light tan." I am from a heavily northern/central European area (Germans and Scandanavians). In high school, after spring break, Nordish people who I knew for a fact were natural blondes would come back much darker (in my opinion) than they were in winter. I really cannot swallow the possibility that these poll results are some statistcal fluke. I guess the bottomline is that these terms, "light" and "well," are way too subjective.

Many of these old classmates all have pinkish hues in their skin. You have seen my photos: my untanned skin has pink in it. Almost all of the pure Europids of northern European descent from this area whom I have known can tan a *noticeable* amount.
    Don't worry, you won't be graded for accuracy.

It would be more helpful to have a visual chart for comparison, and if I ever come upon such a thing I will link it. I suspect most Northern Europeans burn often but tan to a slight or deep degree. Rarely burning or never burning is more of a Mediterranean trait, as they are darker to begin with.

Account Disabled on Request
    Last Online
    Friday, January 8th, 2010 @ 09:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Lappland Lappland
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Type I. I burn red and get freckles on my back and face. I don't have much non-UP ancestry, everything about me is unsuitable for a Mediterranean climate.

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 16th, 2005 @ 09:00 AM
    Subrace
    Dinarid-UP-Kelt Nordid-Alpinid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Occupation
    Public sector
    Politics
    Misanthrope
    Religion
    None
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post @ Nordhammer

IMO, most people of unmongrelized European descent are II-III, hence my mention of statistical flukes earlier.

Are there charts for the time it takes for the beginning of burn symptoms during midday summer exposure, for each type?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast