Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Re: The Darkest "White" Europeans

Quote Originally Posted by crazy_hun
    I must say that i find Italians and Greeks darker than most Spanish,they look virtually Arab alot of them,while i have seen alot of people from Northern Spain like Asturias and Galicia who look very Irish
    I mostly agree, just the fact that Italians are taken as a whole doesn't sound right. Northern Italy is quite different from Southern Italy when it comes to subracial predominance, the South being much more Mediterranid, or at least that's the way I see it. Aside this, southern Italians do strike me as the darkest Europeans for I have seen many of their descendants here in Argentina, and in comparison (generally speaking) look darker than other Europeans. Some of them might also look somewhat "arab" due to large, convex noses and dark pigmentation.
    As for Greeks, well, I've met only a few, one of them being very dark and with some " middle-eastern" traits (Armenoid, Orientalid?), but I just can't say much out of one individual.

Last Online
    Thursday, March 30th, 2006 @ 09:59 PM
    Subrace
    Atlanto-mediterranid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Occupation
    University student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was in Greece two years ago and the people looks darker than in Spain. In Italy I think there are a big diversity. There are more nordics in Italy than in Spain but there are more "middle eastern look people" too.
    In general,Spain is in average darker than North Italy and fairer than south Italy and Greece. There are differences between north and south in Spain too (lighter in the north, with an important number of alpines in NW)

Last Online
    Monday, March 5th, 2007 @ 11:17 AM
    Occupation
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Arturo Gatti is about as oriental as any european can get, although judging by his fighting abilities, he could be tanning at the beach when he should be training in the gym.

...Vitor Belfort of Brazil. Another example of very dark Mediterranean(and superior fighter).

At first glance they both seem mixed; Mestizo or part negrid.

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 2nd, 2010 @ 01:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The darkest are found among Southerners and the lightest among Northerners. Well, that's what we call a self-evident truth, isn't?
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

« -Oh my God, but you're a neo-nazi?!...
    -But why neo? »

Last Online
    Saturday, March 31st, 2007 @ 11:19 PM
    Single
    Occupation
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nordic_canadian_male
    The Portuguese and spanish are darker than the Italians, and I think also the greeks too but not by much. Greeks and Italians are more alpine and intermediate in pigmentation than the more classic west med Iberians.

The Borreby group was called the Fehrmaners I believe, but they were not very blonde. Blondness was only great in childhood, in the latter parts of life the hair as rule was a medium brown in the great majority of the people.

In coons races of europe, the blondest people are the 'Valle" people of central Norway, almost all were blonde in adulthood, only a few brunnets and no dark brown hair, let alone black.

The lightest haired and eyed regions in the world are scandanavia. Norway, Sweden and Finland are the benchmark for blondness. Ireland has many pure-light eyes forms, but also more dark eyes than scandanavia, therefore stealing my vote.

The lightest skin in my opinion are the scots, more than the irish, but just the british isles in general. Very pale complexions, even british atlantids are freakin pale . Scandanavians aren't as dark as some of the british but they don't attain the complete 'whiteness' of the british skin and instead have a pinkish hue to their skin, and can tan to a golden bronze colour in summer.

I would say the portuguese people, because Northern Spain is a lot more lighter than Portugal. Portugal is all darker except some exceptions like probably 15% who are really pale, or blond or have light eyes. The rest look dark whites to me. But I begin to doubt this since I've known a girl who is pinkinsh.milky white, green eyed and blonde.

but I think is one of the exceptions. Any Portuguese person Am I right??

Last Online
    Friday, August 7th, 2020 @ 02:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Netherlands, Belgium
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Utah Utah
    Happy
    Occupation
    Teacher
    Politics
    Liberal
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    According to Coon in his book, The Races of Europe, he claims that his research indicate that the Swedes are proportionally the blondest Europeans, the Irish are the bluest eyed, and the English are the fairest skinned. If that is true, and it does seem reasonable to me, then that begs the question: What nation, or region within a nation, or ethnic group of "White" Europeans are the darkest haired, the darkest eyed, and the darkest skinned?

I'll take a few guesses. For darkest haired, believe it or not, I might say either the Welsh or possibly even the Irish. It's been my observation that Celtic peoples from the British Isles have a shade of dark brown hair (almost black) that is a few degrees darker than even most Meds. For eyes, I wopuld probably say Andalusian Spaniards, or Calabrian Italians. Although, mind you, some Eastern European peoples can be very dark eyed too. Not all the Slavs of course, but the Magyar element in Hungary, or the Italic influenced Romanians might be a good guess for darkest eyed peoples too. For skin complexion, I'd have to nominate the same groups as I did for dark eyes; however, I'd also submit many of the Slavs into this category too. Yes it's true that while many of the Slavs are lighter haired Neo-Danubians, I have noticed that Poles, Russians and Ukranians can also have very dark sallow complexion as well. They seem to soak up the sun better than the true Nordics of Norh-Western Europe. Many Slavs when living in a sunny climate seem to have very dark, brown, leathery skin--including the really blond examples. Then again the wet, rainy, maritime climate of North Western Europe prevents most Nordics from developing thick dark skin, the more continental climate of Eastern and Central Europe seems to encourage a thickening and darkening of the skin. I have even noticed that many German blonds (Nordic or partially Nordicised) tan quire well in the sun. It seems the further east, and of course, the further south one goes in Europe the darker the skin tone becomes, no matter what colour the hair or eyes.

Any thoughts on this topic?
    Southern Italians, Sardinians and the Greeks.

Most Welsh and Irish don't even have black hair. So they definitely not as dark as you say and they have the lightest skin on humans! In Italy as a whole, 31% have black hair.

Southern Europeans are the darkest in every category:
    Blonde hair is less common than in other parts of Europe too:
    Portugal - 11%
    Greece -10.7%
    Spain - 9.5%
    Italy - 8.2%

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    North Baltic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts
    Albanians, Maltese, Constantinopolitans, Cypriots, Greeks, Bulgarians and Bosniaks are my guess. Possibly Neapolitans, Sicilians, Gibraltarians, Granadans, Canarians, Algarveans, Azoreans and Madeirans. I would not rule out the Caucasus. Basically, this means all points of contact with the Middle East and North Africa.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456