I am a dialectical monist, certainly not a Cartesian dualist, and find most of my roots in idealistic philosophy like that of Fichte, but Gentile made the greatest strides against dualism in idealism & he was an Italian. Adorno had good insights as well.

Ultimately, you remove the Aristoltean abstract orientation from Hegel's dialectic, and direct it toward act & concretion, and you take my position. Where subject is the foothold of object.

If you take 'nothingness' as an object, it is defined as a static immutable void and therefore "something". If you take 'nothingness' as a subject, as a principle of nothingness, it cannot be itself as an object because it is something. Therefore subject is the act by which "being" is yoked to "non-being" as a process of becoming. This is the process of consciousness because it is subject and not object, therefore the existent is ideal and not material in its objectivity (wherever objectified.)

Everything is so co-substantiated dialectically. Any one extreme does not exist if it is not mediated by its potential other extreme. This is the foundation and framework for all essences & existences. The multiplicity finds unity in the subject (ideal, that we think of things gives them necessary relation), the unity finds multiplicity in the object (material, that we separate by enumerating their various instances within our unified thoughts), therefore the immanent ideal is creative of the external real, the limits of which are self-imposed freedoms, just as there could be no movement without friction.