Friday, December 8th, 2006 @ 03:25 AM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

She's not North-Atlantid.

Her hair look medium brown (maybe 8 on the Fischer scale, but it's hard to tell from a photo, lighting etc.) and the eyes dark blue.

She is more on the East-Nordid side, and she look Trönder. The obtuse nose is common among many Swedish girls, but her nose is too low-rooted and upturned for being a strictly Classical Nordid (which I think is more common among many German Nordids) nose, which is straight or concavo-convex and leptorrhine, so there might be a Saami, Tydal or East-Baltid strain, but we cannot know which one of them. It would be interesting to know if she has any Finnish ancestry too.

German Hanseatic (kind of a league of merchant associations within the cities of Northern Germany and the Baltic) cities were in Southern Sweden, in the Scania (Skåne) region and Gotland (an island in southeastern Sweden), and the businessmen came to the bigger cities, never Northern Sweden. They were North Germans (e.g. from Hamburg) who didn't differ (racially) much from Swedes.

Purifier
    Last Online
    Wednesday, April 25th, 2012 @ 02:23 AM
    Ethnicity
    Slavic/Germanic
    Country
    United States United States
    -
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I agree with everyone who said Hallstatt. That's the first impression I got when I saw the pic, and it was a strong impression.

Last Online
    Monday, August 15th, 2005 @ 05:52 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Politics
    Logic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The Hallstatts are not some mythical people where almost freakishly everyone has a bleached platinum blond "Village of the Damned" hair color. It's human nature to associate a group on whole with what stands out and is shocking. People can make the statement that the Swedes are ALL blond just because blonds are more common there than elsewhere. In reality, through proper survey, the incidence might be only 50%. I think the lighting is low, being taken indoors, and that can give someone with dark blond hair the impression of being dark. She strikes me as the type who could have been very blond as a child, but gradually darkened into adolesence. I suspect her hair is lighter than it appears in that photograph as well. If that was so, I might think it was atypical for a Hallstatt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12