Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Breastfeeding Has Many Benefits!

Last Online
    Friday, February 16th, 2007 @ 04:24 PM
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Software engineer
    Politics
    anthropophagy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Many women can't breast feed because they are too old or they have flat or inverted nipples or something. My mother was in her 40's when she had me and I was not breastfed. What should women like that do?

Last Online
    Thursday, January 18th, 2007 @ 06:36 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Originally posted by Sigrun
    I really believe that only about 10% of the population should reproduce. The rest should get 'fixed' ASAP. The ironic part is that lowest and least educated classes in society out breed the smartest, healthiest, sanest and most financially sound. The people who are best equipped to have kids, are not. A cruel joke.

You have children or child, I have none. Would that put me higher on the echelon of quality? Just curious.

Last Online
    Friday, February 16th, 2007 @ 04:24 PM
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Software engineer
    Politics
    anthropophagy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is only a guess, but if a woman cannot breast feed, would it be possible for her to obtain breast milk for her baby from another woman? Or would that not be good due to the fact that each woman's breast milk is unique and genetically best only for her own kids?

(I know this is going off topic from the original topic of this thread but I'm just curious).

Good point, Vlad.

Historically, there were women who would keep their breast milk up and use it to feed the children they looked after. They were referred to as Wet Nurses. Usually, upper class women who were unable (or often just too lazy) to breastfeed their own children would employ lactating women of lesser means to do the breastfeeding.

Also, I just read this recently, Germany has started a program where lactating women can sell their extra milk to others who cannot breastfeed for some reason. Some women cannot produce enough milk to satisfy the child and some others produce more than their baby needs. This had been done in the past, but hasn't been around for decades. It's starting up again.

Also, as the child transitions from breastfeeding to solid foods, the mother usually has milk left over and that can be quite painful. Lactating breasts that are not expressed at regular intervals become very sore and tender. Pumping the extra milk out for another baby to have is a way to relieve that pain (and in Germany, make a few extra Euros).

I'm glad you brought that up. Breast milk from any healthy, disease and infection free white woman would be preferable to formula and cow's or goat's milk, imo. Woman who choose to breastfeed their children and others should not consume any alcohol, illicit drugs, and some prescription drugs, amongst other diet restrictions. From the very moment of conception and continuing until the child is no longer breastfeeding, whatever the mom consumes, the baby consumes. That's not always true, as there are some substances that do not appear to penetrate the placenta and milk ducts, but one is better safe than sorry.

A small pertcentage of children are allergic to both breast milk and cow's milk. In that case, a combination of formula and goat's milk might work.

-Sig

P.S. to cosmo: I was not referring to you.

Last Online
    Thursday, November 8th, 2018 @ 04:17 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Other Other
    student
    Politics
    Irish Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Breastfeeding at least four months has four important benefits over formula/bottle-feeding:
    • Breast milk contains immune-boosting nutrients that a child cannot get from cow's milk or formula. Studies show that breastfed children have fewer allergies and childhood diseases.
    • The IQ of breastfed children is shown to be, on average, 5 IQ points higher than their non-breastfed peers. They have fewer learning disabilities and behavioral problems as well.
    • A recent study conducted in the UK showed that breastfed children, on average, lived five years longer than their non-breastfed peers.
    • Breastfeeding increases the emotional and psychological bond between the mother & child. A child must attach to and trust his mother or he'll have difficulty finding and maintaining 'normal' adult relationships.

An important point to remember is that these benefits mentioned above are noticed only in children who were breastfed for at least four months.

[/B]

excellent post Sigrun!
    i would hope to breastfeed when i eventually have children,i absolutely believe it increases the bond between a mother and child

as for breatsfeeding actual children as opposed to babies,,thats really very disturbed.... :eek:

question-what is the medical reason/s why some women cant do it? as opposed to them just not wanting to i mean.

Last Online
    Thursday, February 28th, 2019 @ 02:57 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European Ancestry
    Country
    United States United States
    Gemini
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Originally posted by Scathach
    excellent post Sigrun!
    i would hope to breastfeed when i eventually have children,i absolutely believe it increases the bond between a mother and child

as for breatsfeeding actual children as opposed to babies,,thats really very disturbed.... :eek:

question-what is the medical reason/s why some women cant do it? as opposed to them just not wanting to i mean.

During breast reduction surgery, the nipples and aeriola (sp?)are actually cut completely off and then reattached later. Obviously, they arent able to reattach them exactly the way they were before. Its kind of hit and miss: some women have luck with breastfeeding afterwards, some are completely unable to draw milk.

Also, I want to clarify something. I am not opposed to breastfeeding at all. Of course, I dont have the option to be opposed to it since I am male and wont ever do it, but I completely support the women who choose to do it. I agree that its an unbreakable bond between mother and child. White women....you are wonderful.

I wish there was a weapons forum here. I already belong to all of the others ha.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2006 @ 07:08 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Nordicist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

[BSigrun Christianson, aka the Breastfeeding Nazi and Domestic Goddess Extraordinaire [/B]
    Yet another thing to add to my list of "Why I adore Sigrun".

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast