Thursday, August 4th, 2011 @ 07:31 PM
    Subrace
    Mediterranean-Dinaric
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Classify Spanish model Laura Xicola

As far as I know she's a Spanish model named Laura Xicola. I'm just wondering if her ancestry is either Celtiberian, Celtic, Visigothic or all them together.

Last Online
    Monday, August 15th, 2005 @ 04:52 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Politics
    Logic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It's always hard to tell. From just seeing this picture, she appears North West European. I'm not sure if there are exceptions to the rule of Mediterraneans always being dark complexioned. I would probably think that yes, she would have some Nordic admixture. It would also be interesting to see her parents and especially her siblings. She could have a brother or sister who looks strikingly different. If her eyes were brown I would have probably guessed her hair was lightened but since they are blue, the nordic trait is real despite a possibly altered hair color. Judging by her head shape, jawline, and chin I would designate a keltic influence over a teutonic. I suppose a teuton mixed with a mediterranean might produce something similar. I am not versed enough in exactly how much both Nordic branches influence the Iberian peninsula. Here is another Nordic Iberian, Judit Masco, that looks very un-mediterranean.

Last Online
    Thursday, May 10th, 2012 @ 02:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Afrikaner
    Ancestry
    Slavic
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sure they both have nordic traits, I don't see why people would think its impossible for people from Spain to look like that just because it is in southern Europe. Even Coon said there are nordics , or "exotic nordics" in north Africa as well as the Canary Islands. Isn't the surname "Rodrigues" derived form the Visigothic name "Roderick"?

INSOLENT ARROGANCE
    Last Online
    Thursday, August 4th, 2011 @ 07:31 PM
    Subrace
    Mediterranean-Dinaric
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Originally posted by providenje
    sure they both have nordic traits, I don't see why people would think its impossible for people from Spain to look like that just because it is in southern Europe. Even Coon said there are nordics , or "exotic nordics" in north Africa as well as the Canary Islands. Isn't the surname "Rodrigues" derived form the Visigothic name "Roderick"?
    The minority population of Nordics in Spain (1%, 400,000 or so) would most likely be in the Northern Regions; Galicia, Asturias, Cataluña (a regional name which is a derivative of Gothland), in isolated areas of Castille and in Leon. But they are dwindling in number as the generations pass due to regional immigration and other factors. As for the Canary Islands, that's from a Guanche source.

And yes, the surname "Rodriguez" is derived from the Visigothic name "Roderick" as is the name "Rodrigo". Another famous name "Fernando", is derived from the name "Frithnanth".

EDIT:
    Originally posted by Zimmer Mann
    ...Here is another Nordic Iberian, Judit Masco, that looks very un-mediterranean.
    I looked in as to where Judit Masco is from and as I suspected, she's from Cataluña.
    Last edited by Conquistador; Wednesday, May 21st, 2003 at 08:23 AM.

Last Online
    Saturday, March 31st, 2007 @ 11:36 PM
    Right
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Come on...there are much more nordic looking Spaniards than those 2 woman (I look much more nordic than them). There are MANY ignorant people that think that Southern Europe is populated by very swarthy looking people. I just tell them to come to Southern Europe and see it with your eyes!. There are lots of Spaniards -much more than what you think- that look like those 2 woman. Even many Meds are more pale than many Scandinavians (which are of more golden skin). I´ve seen dark haired Spaniards with completely pale skin (ie, the skin color of this Spanish woman is the true white skin and not the Scandinavian one, which is more golden) like this Spaniard:

This is the TRUE WHITE skin:
    Last edited by Jkl; Wednesday, May 21st, 2003 at 01:05 PM.

Last Online
    Right
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We also have redheads in Spain.

Nadia García:

Last Online
    Right
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

More Spanish redheads:

Last Online
    Right
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

People don´t realize that the Visigoths stablished in Spain and blended with the hispanorroman population. People still think that Spaniards can´t look fairer than Sothern French and that is a complete stupidity. Those who have been in Spain know that We don´t have a "Spanish look" because Spaniards can be very different.

So it is incredible when people start to talk about Southern Europeans being swarthy looking people. It must be a joke. The composition of the Spanish population is Iberian+Celt (half Spain was populated by celts during many centuries). Then We have had populations of Romans, Visigoths, white arabs, and then the 800.000 gipsies (who I don´t consider them Spaniards for much they have been in Spain for 600 years).

These are how the visigoths in Spain looked like in the XIII century (from the Cantigas de Santa Maria book)
    Last edited by Jkl; Wednesday, May 21st, 2003 at 12:58 PM.

Last Online
    Thursday, May 10th, 2012 @ 02:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Afrikaner
    Ancestry
    Slavic
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm sure when people in north america think of hispanics,latinos, spaniards, they think of mulatto mexicans and south americans or whatever...stereotyping. I am not spanish but one of my pet peeves is when someone calls a mexican "spanish".

Last Online
    Right
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

providenje,

Yes I totally hate the stupid "Hispanic/Latino" classification. It is an insult to the History and an insult to Spaniards and Spanish descendants. It is even more insulting when those southamericans say they are "Spanish". It´s incredible!. It is like if a Jamaican was calling himself "English or Briton". But the sad history is that most people believe them (specially northamericans).

Here in Spain We have been massively invaded (hundred of thousands) by non-white Southamericans. They keep saying to us that We should call them "Latinos". Come on, they are pure indians (specially ecuatorians and peruans)!. We also have light mestizos from Colombia and Venezuela. They are clearly non-white and they are arrogant, false, and prepotent. Most Spaniards really dislike non-white southamericans.

In certain hospitals in Madrid there are more non-white southamericans giving birth than Spaniards. Almost 1 out of 5 Madrileños are inmigrants (15%). In 20 years the biggest cities of Spain will look like Quito, Lima or Bogotá, and many Spaniards still don´t realize the problems We will have because it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast