Thread: Trait to have plenty of fine hair, hair hat, etc.

Last Online
    Thursday, January 14th, 2010 @ 12:43 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Occupation
    Webmaster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Post Trait to have plenty of fine hair, hair hat, etc.

lg mentioned this topic. Is there any reason for a common origin of this feature?

Comparably as there may have been several Cro-Magnon lines that split into different lineages, there does not have to be a link, imho. I'm not sure whether this trait is homogenous in it's results either. Northern Europeans with fine hair may have long hair too while the Middle Eastern variant gave me the impression that it leaves no other possibility than to make it short (I could be wrong here).

For further examples see the attachments and the filenames for descriptions.

Hindenburg is also a good one:
    http://forums.skadi.net/attachment.p...chmentid=25469
    Last edited by Gareth; Tuesday, December 14th, 2004 at 03:18 AM.

Renewed
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Country
    United States United States
    Jaded
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Post Re: Trait to have plenty of fine hair, hair hat, etc.

This thread topic seems very interesting to me, but I must admit that I am not exactly sure what you mean. Sorry, maybe it is because I am not too bright or maybe it is because I am very ill today and cannot think straight. Are you asking about people who have thin hair shafts, but a lot of them. So like, thicker hair, but thinner shafts? Or are you talking about people with the fine wispy hair types? Or just plain thick hair shafts and an overall thinness? My mom, who was once a licensed beautician, always told me that blondes have thinner hair shafts. When people bleach their hair, it strips the hair shaft (making it thinner.) And people with darker hair have a thicker shaft, that is why when a blonde wants to go dark, she must first use a filler on her hair before the coloring. I don't know, maybe none of that is true anymore, she was a beautician about 30 years ago, so it maybe old info. I couldn't really tell from your examples what you were getting at, so that is why I am asking for further clarification on what you mean by plenty of fine hair, etc. Thanks.
    "I do not know what horrified me most at that time: the economic misery of my companions, their moral and ethical coarseness, or the low level of their intellectual development." Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

Last Online
    Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 @ 04:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Fine, as in thin hair? Fine, as in light-haired?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Occupation
    Webmaster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

@ Jennifer:
    Nice info, thank you.

I'm uncertain how to distinguish people with many shafts (this is what I mean). Do Nordics have many shafts with thin hair while others show many shafts with thick hair? Is it more about texture instead of amount?

I have classic Alpine hair myself which is somewhat medium thick if I don't treat it with a rinsing. When I see old ladies of my region with wiry hair I sometimes think this kind of hair is thicker than Mongoloids have since there are also Mongoloids (Paleomongoloids to be exact) with silky hair.

And to continue the topic, please look up what I mean over here:
    http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=28182

An extreme exponent of this trait is Sharon:
    Last edited by Gareth; Tuesday, December 14th, 2004 at 05:04 PM.

Renewed
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Country
    Jaded
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I found some fascinating websites for you on this topic. Maybe they will help more than I can, since I think that I am still not 100% clear on what specifically you are asking.
    This first link is probably the MOST relevant to what you are asking. This one has close up photo examples and nice little charts:
    http://www.newhair.com/treatment/f_racial.asp

This one, you have to scroll down a little for pertinent info:
    http://www.emedicine.com/ent/topic107.htm

This one is more on skin differences, but still interesting and maybe helpful? http://www.thecosmeticsite.com/formu...re/959721.html

And this one is very interesting on how hair affects gun shot wounds:
    http://www.fbi.gov/hq/lab/fsc/backis...research02.htm
    "I do not know what horrified me most at that time: the economic misery of my companions, their moral and ethical coarseness, or the low level of their intellectual development." Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

Last Online
    Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 @ 04:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth
    @ Jennifer:
    Nice info, thank you.

I'm uncertain how to distinguish people with many shafts (this is what I mean). Do Nordics have many shafts with thin hair while others show many shafts with thick hair? Is it more about texture instead of amount?

I have classic Alpine hair myself which is somewhat medium thick if I don't treat it with a rinsing. When I see old ladies of my region with wiry hair I sometimes think this kind of hair is thicker than Mongoloids have since there are also Mongoloids (Paleomongoloids to be exact) with silky hair.

And to continue the topic, please look up what I mean over here:
    http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=28182

An extreme exponent of this trait is Sharon:
    What evidence is there to prove that Alpinid have a different hair form than any other group?

Renewed
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Country
    Jaded
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I think that there is a lot more to this topic. Obviously even within races there appears to be variations in hair types: curly, straight, wavy, thick, thin, etc. I tried searching so many things and the above links were the only things I could really find that seemed to coincide with the topic. From personal observation, I have noticed that only blondes seem to a very fine, thin wispy hair type. I am not saying that ALL blondes have this, as there are many blondes that may also have thick hair, fuller hair, etc. I am saying that I have not seen this type of hair among other colors of hair or races of hair. If that makes any sense. (I am poor at explaining sometimes and I am still sick, so my brain gets mushy. ) An example of this is in my daughters hair (see pic below. You can even see her scalp if you look close enough.) My daughter has very thin, fine wispy hair. Maybe what Gareth is asking about has some validity (i.e Nordics having one type, Alpines having one type, etc.), but the problem lies in the fact that we are all mixed and not pure. I am not talking about mixed with other races, but within our race. There is no pure Alpine, pure Nord, pure Baltid, etc. Maybe since we are all so mixed, we see the genes for various hair types distributed throughout the population. For example, I am Falish/ Alpine. My mother is Borreby (maybe w/ Baltid) and my father is Borreby/Alpine, and other family members are various other things. My father has very thick hair, my mother has thinner hair. Mine is medium thick. Who can tell whether thick hair is Alpish, thin hair is more Nordic, etc.? No one can tell because we are all mixes of various European strains and therefore you cannot separate the hair density with the type. I am just speculating and musing. I may completely off track and wrong. I am just hypothesizing based upon what Gareth is asking and claiming.

Maybe Gareth could make a poll asking people their hair type and their predominant classification. Maybe we can get a better picture of.
    Last edited by QuietWind; Wednesday, December 15th, 2004 at 05:48 AM.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Occupation
    Webmaster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy
    What evidence is there to prove that Alpinid have a different hair form than any other group?
    Reading Guenther or in my case, looking out of the window to watch people walking by. I live in a rural village of course.

http://www.white-history.com/earlson...eoehchap2d.htm

"The hair is stiff, sometimes almost wiry."
    I found some fascinating websites for you on this topic.
    This first link is probably the MOST relevant to what you are asking. This one has close up photo examples and nice little charts:
    http://www.newhair.com/treatment/f_racial.asp
    Yes, interesting facts. Mongoloids have less hair density, that's for sure now.