View Poll Results: what is the ideal age between men and women?

Voters
239. You may not vote on this poll
  • women should be older

35 14.64%
  • men should be 0-5 years older

124 51.88%
  • men should be 5-10 years older

74 30.96%
  • men should be 10 years older or more

35 14.64%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526

Thread: Why Women Should Marry Young and Why They Should Marry Mature Men

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, December 21st, 2016 @ 07:34 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Deutsch
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Minnesota Minnesota
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Ethnic Neo-Tribalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I agree with Bärin for the most part. I've only been with my wife, and even still, it's not an issue that I don't know exactly how other women feel, or whatever.

Nore do I think that sexual experimentation is the root cause for all of our societal relationship problems. People are raised to expect the best. Whatever anyone has now, it isn't good enough, it can get better. "Ever fight with your significant other? Well, think of how much better it would be if you had someone you never fought with!" it's ridiculous, couples fight, but couples should be able to commit to the work, the effort to outlast the fights, something that 50% of marriages today are uncapable of.

I don't think it's a sexual experimentation problem (and even so, Bärin is still right) it's a societal issue of never being satisfied with what we have, or the willingness to actually work hard to keep what we have.
    "So, yes, we are better than others. Our worldviews are better than those of others. This does not need to be universally true, it is enough when it is true for us." - velvet

"Our blood unity is of infinitely more worth than religious particularities;" - Chlodovech

Last Online
    Wednesday, August 5th, 2009 @ 02:23 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Danish/Swedish/German/Irish/English
    Ancestry
    Denmark, Sweden, Germany, U.K., Ireland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    California California
    Single parent
    Occupation
    homemaker
    Politics
    none.. i vote on my own opinion
    Religion
    I worship God in my own way
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I am 20 and i would definitely marry someone between 30-35. it's not a materialistic thing it's maturity. my great grandparents are from denmark and they were 10 years apart. Their marriage was much more successful b/c they were at the same maturity level. not to offend any men but a emotionally stable woman can be much more mature than the men her own age. I also agree with women having baby's younger. my mom had 4 kids before she was 25 and she was able to keep up with us and take care of my dad. my friends parents on the other hand waited until they were 35 to have kids. as parents they were less involved and more willing to let them do whatever lol i dont know maybe that was just how older parents were where i live.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Wednesday, December 21st, 2016 @ 07:34 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Deutsch
    Country
    State
    Minnesota Minnesota
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Ethnic Neo-Tribalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sThygesen View Post
    not to offend any men but a emotionally stable woman can be much more mature than the men her own age. I also agree with women having baby's younger. my mom had 4 kids before she was 25 and she was able to keep up with us and take care of my dad. my friends parents on the other hand waited until they were 35 to have kids. as parents they were less involved and more willing to let them do whatever lol i dont know maybe that was just how older parents were where i live.
    Agreed, I believe scientific studies back up the difference in maturity rates as well (for the most part).

It's very possible that older parents are more willing to let their children do whatever. After a certain point, adults are likely used to dealing with adults, and perhaps this has some effect when it comes to dealing with children, more like adults than children. Not to mention the energy to be a more responsive parent that a younger adult will have.
    "So, yes, we are better than others. Our worldviews are better than those of others. This does not need to be universally true, it is enough when it is true for us." - velvet

"Our blood unity is of infinitely more worth than religious particularities;" - Chlodovech

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Family
    Married parent
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts
    Why men like to marry younger women

The reason that men like to marry women who are years younger than themselves has been discovered: they have more grandchildren as a result. And it turns out that men have the most children when their partners are around 15 years their junior.

A study published today in the journal Biology Letters, provides evidence that the reason for these unions is that men prefer young women due to their high fertility while women prefer older men due to their wealth and high social status, which make them good providers for the offspring.
    Marrying women 15 years younger maximized men's evolutionary fitness

Most men marry younger women. This has been attributed to men selecting young women due to their high reproductive value and women preferring older men due to their wealth and high social status. Such mate preferences have been suggested to be adaptive, but despite a flourishing number of studies on the mate selection patterns themselves, little is still known of their actual fitness consequences. We examined how the age difference between spouses who married only once affected their lifetime reproductive success in historical monogamous Sami populations. We found that men maximized their fitness by marrying women approximately 15 years younger and vice versa. However, most couples failed to marry optimally. Only 10% of marriages fell within the optimal parental age difference, suggesting that cultural and ecological constraints for maximizing fitness were considerable. Those who succeeded in marrying optimally were the most preferred partners: young women and old men.
    'Men should date women half their age plus seven'

Historically, a woman was to choose a man the same age, or five to 15 years older. Mid-century, the reason for the elevated age gap would've been economic. Women had little ability to earn income. Their husband was their access to social standing and economic stability. Obviously, an older man had more time to achieve a greater number of personal and financial goals.

...one reason why this may have endured is because men are generally more attracted to younger women and would like a rule that makes them feel it is acceptable to date younger.
    Men should marry young, smart women, say scientists

Men should marry a woman who is cleverer than they are and at least five years younger, if they want the relationship to stand the best chance of lasting, according to new research.

Scientists tracked 1,000 couples who were either married or in serious relationships over five years and then looked for patterns among those who were still together.

They found that neither should have been divorced in the past, the man should be five or more years older and the woman should have received more education than the man.
    SCIENTIFIC STUDY SAYS MEN WHO DATE YOUNGER WOMEN WILL LIVE LONGER

People tend to default to partners in their general age range—hey, in high school and college, when dating life begins, that's what you're used to. But some guys later in life show a marked preference for younger women, and they get a lot of crap about it. Research, however, seems to show men who prefer a younger partner are onto something. Research from multiple sources seemed to show that men who liked 'em young often lived longer lives and were in better health in general. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to go both ways. In the end, cougars might do better to default to a guy in their age group rather than the young dude cutting the hedges around the pool.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gefjon For This Useful Post:

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts
    In order for the scheme Haldís wants to be normal, men would have to be "Volcel" for 15-20 years after we are already dying to copulate. Furthermore, say your parents divorce after ten years and then your father finds a younger woman, then they also break up after another ten and he finds another one even younger, almost the age of his own children. Do you think a son will feel like copying his father, or have empathy for his mother?

People who are always chasing the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow in greener pastures, will end up losing themselves by never valuing what they've got, because it's never good enough. I was always wary about girls two years or more younger than me, because that always reminded me of my sister, so one year below only, but preferably the same age or maybe a hot upperclasswoman and am happy with my wife being only two months older.

Last Online
    Wednesday, August 4th, 2021 @ 04:57 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German; Scot-Irish; Scandinavian
    Country
    Married
    Occupation
    Free Lance
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Courting

I think that both men and women should marry within ages of 22-32 because people get too set in their ways. People develop bad habits and start to isolate if they do not marry young enough and have too many partners by this age. Friends just don't substitute for marriage since you can't really build up a solid future together. There is an old saying, "Don't marry too young and not TOO late." I think women should marry at the same age or up to 6 years older. Today, there is a strong single culture in which married people feel "at odds with" or like we have all the responsibilities to endure. I think it's harder on men to cope with these changes since women have longer hours with the children and enjoy the closeness. You have to keep encouraging a man not to get distracted from all the worldly material things, even as simple as a cell phone.

6th army lives matter
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,534 Posts

This is superb advice, especially each and every single woman below the age of 40 should watch this video and internalize Joker's ("Better Bachelor") words. It also confirms much of what has been said in this thread so far. All the important things women should know about the first half of their lives in regard to men & relationships, and what to do on the road to success and happiness, is mentioned.

In the words of Sun Tzu: “If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Ladies, lockdown your target when you're between the ages of 18-28, sink in your claws, don't let go and catch the man. All other options are inferior and lead to regret. Be aware that when you're 33, high quality men your age will be on the look out for 24-29 year olds. At that point the high quality men, which are still left or available again, and whom would be interested in you, are all going to be pushing 40 or in their forties. But they'll probably already have children and likely don't want any other children. It's like that every single time, that why so many women in their thirties wonder where all the good men have gone, it's an iron law of nature. Only a simp like Prince Harry who is stuck in an SJW-marriage would take a different path, but women can't really ever love a man they view as a weakling - so simps won't make you happy either.

“As brothers and sisters we knew instinctively that if we were going to stand in darkness, best we stand in a darkness we had made ourselves.” - Douglas Coupland

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts
    Born in the early 80s, I preferred those born in the 70s during my 10s. It wasn't until I hit my 20s did I start to be interested in those from the 80s and my interest in those from the 90s began once I hit my 30s. I guess that means I'd be appreciative of those from the 00s when in my 40s, but that's theoretical because I don't think of them as the same generation.

Last Online
    12 Minutes Ago @ 11:45 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Swiss-German
    Subrace
    Pred. (Hallstatt) Nordic
    Single adult
    Politics
    to every man a woman of his race
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chlodovech View Post

This is superb advice, especially each and every single woman below the age of 40 should watch this video and internalize Joker's ("Better Bachelor") words. It also confirms much of what has been said in this thread so far. All the important things women should know about the first half of their lives in regard to men & relationships, and what to do on the road to success and happiness, is mentioned.

In the words of Sun Tzu: “If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Ladies, lockdown your target when you're between the ages of 18-28, sink in your claws, don't let go and catch the man. All other options are inferior and lead to regret. Be aware that when you're 33, high quality men your age will be on the look out for 24-29 year olds. At that point the high quality men, which are still left or available again, and whom would be interested in you, are all going to be pushing 40 or in their forties. But they'll probably already have children and likely don't want any other children. It's like that every single time, that why so many women in their thirties wonder where all the good men have gone, it's an iron law of nature. Only a simp like Prince Harry who is stuck in an SJW-marriage would take a different path, but women can't really ever love a man they view as a weakling - so simps won't make you happy either.

It would be fair if this was true, as women are so advantaged before 30, but the truth is that it really isn't.

Even women in their late 30s have literally hundreds of dating and relationship options if they are somewhat attractive. Applies also to single mothers. The dating app of a single mother in her late 30s still gigamogs any chad to oblivion and they will have essentially limitless dating options if they are somewhat close to a population center.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gegenschlag For This Useful Post:

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts
    Gegen is right. So many online ads for single mothers. Anybody want to be a live-in boyfriend?

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526