View Poll Results: what is the ideal age between men and women?

Voters
239. You may not vote on this poll
  • women should be older

35 14.64%
  • men should be 0-5 years older

124 51.88%
  • men should be 5-10 years older

74 30.96%
  • men should be 10 years older or more

35 14.64%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Why Women Should Marry Young and Why They Should Marry Mature Men

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    East German
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Family
    Married parent
    Politics
    National
    Religion
    None
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    I am not going to answer any of your questions, because I'm not the one taking this to the personal. My answer was general - the "you" and "the man" was not directly nor indirectly aimed at yours and Bärin's actual arrangement - that is as little business of mine as my own daily arrangement is a business of yours. I questioned her views, not your actual arrangement.

I will however say that I have some work experience and am in the process of building up a small business of my own, if you really care to know. Much of which is also done by online contacts.
    Her views are clear, they're the normal and healthy views of a young woman who wants the best for herself. Most students your age wouldn't able to feed a family if mommy and daddy stopped financing them, that's how it is. Take away their support and they will barely be able to pay the rent.

„Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Wednesday, September 30th, 2020 @ 09:35 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ossi View Post
    Her views are clear, they're the normal and healthy views of a young woman who wants the best for herself. Most students your age wouldn't able to feed a family if mommy and daddy stopped financing them, that's how it is. Take away their support and they will barely be able to pay the rent.
    Sure, and I understand and support them to some extent. I only desired clarification on some aspects of her post which I felt needed expanding upon to allow a most thorough discussion and allow her views to be brought out in detail. The parts which I didn't feel needed expanding upon I consequently didn't ask about.

Yes, it is a fact that most students are incapable of financially supporting a family --- the question I thus asked back was in terms of a hypothetical (well, realistic but uncommon) student who was able.

Also, I think she is well capable of laying out her own ideas --- and if I consider her views clear enough, then I will not ask her to expand. If I don't I will ask her to expand ... and if she is willing to expand upon it she will, and if not then she won't.

Other than that, I agree wholeheartedly with what you and Bärin have said upon the matter. My intention was only to ask: If students are considered uncapable of supporting a family at large --- what if they are actually able to: Does it change the situation?
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 4th, 2020 @ 03:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-African
    Ancestry
    English
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    State
    Transvaal Transvaal
    Preservation of diversity
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    When I see couples with a big age difference, if the man is older I can't help thinking he goes out with her for the sex and she goes out with him for the money. If the woman is older, it's even more revolting.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Wednesday, December 21st, 2016 @ 07:34 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Deutsch
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Minnesota Minnesota
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Ethnic Neo-Tribalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Africa View Post
    When I see couples with a big age difference, if the man is older I can't help thinking he goes out with her for the sex and she goes out with him for the money. If the woman is older, it's even more revolting.
    perhaps this is some biological assurance of pairing a man who can support a family with a woman who will be fertile for many years?

Doesn't sound that disgusting to me, I figure, let people make their own choices in life.
    "So, yes, we are better than others. Our worldviews are better than those of others. This does not need to be universally true, it is enough when it is true for us." - velvet

"Our blood unity is of infinitely more worth than religious particularities;" - Chlodovech

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 01:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    mainly UP
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Natural Order
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    ... We've got that subject on an other forum as well (age differences in partnership). While I think that what you say is true of some relationships. I don't think that's true for all. On the other forum we became rather suspicious why so many women 30+ were so opposed between partnerships between relationships (let's say guy 45 girl 25) differing in age. Me and a couple of others suspect that their fear of competition is actually the driving factor for their views. You see some (aging) women maybe afraid that their partner/husband becomes bored or pissed with them and leaves them for a +10 years younger woman.

In my view marriage is about starting a family. To me that means that the woman needs to be ready to bear and rear children and the man needs to be ready and willing to sustain a family and be its head. So naturally some age difference may occur.
    "And God proclaims as a first principle to the rulers, and above all else, that there is nothing which they should so anxiously guard, or of which they are to be such good guardians, as of the purity of the race. They should observe what elements mingle in their offspring;..." Plato Politeia

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Wednesday, December 21st, 2016 @ 07:34 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Deutsch
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Minnesota Minnesota
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Ethnic Neo-Tribalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horagalles View Post
    In my view marriage is about starting a family. To me that means that the woman needs to be ready to bear and rear children and the man needs to be ready and willing to sustain a family and be its head. So naturally some age difference may occur.
    You'll note it seems quite prevalent in many ancient societies that older men would marry younger women? As I suggested, it is possible that this is some form of biological insurance for successfully raising families.
    "So, yes, we are better than others. Our worldviews are better than those of others. This does not need to be universally true, it is enough when it is true for us." - velvet

"Our blood unity is of infinitely more worth than religious particularities;" - Chlodovech

Last Online
    Monday, April 23rd, 2012 @ 07:11 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    English, German
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Canada Canada
    State
    Ontario Ontario
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    Deist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I think it is personal preference if a person prefers an older or younger partner. I chose older women because I find older women attractive, well into their 30s and 40s, and I have always felt that way towards older women ("milfs" as they are called) since I first started getting a jolly out of women. I do not look down on older men who prefer younger women, even if the age difference is great, because they are doing it for their own reasons, and you should not judge them for that. If a man spent many of his 20s and 30s trying to get rich and "make it", and he worked his butt off for so many years, is it not his right to go for a younger woman, even if people think he is merely going for a trophy girl? So what, let the guy have some fun, he deserves it after all.....that's why people work hard... to make lots of money.

So that they can get the woman they want. Quit judging, it's not like he's going for another man, or a child.

Last Online
    Wednesday, January 5th, 2011 @ 02:23 PM
    Status
    Brief Absence
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Paleo-Atlantid
    Country
    France France
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Without even mentioning marriage and just talk about normal relationship I really don't think that "Men should be older fur such reasons" I just prefer my girlfriends younger, matter of preference I guess. I was with older girlfriends years ago and never really liked it.
    Atlas

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    East German
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Family
    Married parent
    Politics
    National
    Religion
    None
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Ya right... as if teenage boys who go out with their attractive female schoolmates do it for the deep profound love they hold for them. Nothing to do with sex at all.

„Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Wednesday, September 30th, 2020 @ 09:35 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ossi View Post
    Ya right... as if teenage boys who go out with their attractive female schoolmates do it for the deep profound love they hold for them. Nothing to do with sex at all.
    LOL, you DID save my day with that one....

Nonetheless, this is not about teenage boys and teenage girls, this is about men and women. Marriage is not permitted under 18 in most Germanic countries, usually 16 at best when they parents agree. And around the time they hit approx. 20 they're usually over that "OMFGZ, a pair of pants I need to get into!" phase, and those who aren't probably will never be.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)