Country
    Other Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Louis Theroux: "My Time Among the 'Ultra-Zionists'

Louis Theroux: My time among the 'ultra-Zionists'

On a hilltop in the Northern West Bank, not far from the large Palestinian city of Nablus, I met 17-year-old Yair Lieberman.

A part-time labourer and student, Yair's home was a makeshift canvas-covered structure, only slightly more solid than a tent, which he shared with three other young men. The bed was a tangled mess of sheets, in the style of a conventional teenager's, and hung around the dwelling were posters - though not of pop groups, but of favourite rabbis. Outside, in the neighbouring lots, was a scattering of fifteen or so caravans and trailers - the outpost of Havat Gilad.

Map of Israel showing location of Havat Gilad

Like the settlements up and down the West Bank, Havat Gilad is illegal under international law. It lies miles inside the territory won by Israel in the 1967 war and the vast majority of the surrounding population is Palestinian. But Havat Gilad is also illegal under Israeli law. Electricity comes from a generator. Water is trucked in.

Yair moved up to Havat Gilad a couple of years ago. On a tour around the hilltop, I asked him why he'd decided to make his life in this ramshackle encampment, at the end of a dirt road, on an inhospitable hilltop among Arab olive groves.

"If we're not here there's a [Palestinian] city and we don't want another [Palestinian] city," he said.

What, I wondered, would be so bad about another Palestinian city?

"Because it's my land! It's the land of Israel. It's not the land of Palestinians."

Yair's beliefs are shared by a hardcore religious nationalist fringe of Jewish Israelis who have chosen to make their home up and down the West Bank and in East Jerusalem. They say that those areas belong by right to the Jewish people - a title claim based mainly on the bible.

The fact that there are nearly ten times as many Arabs as there are Jews in the West Bank, with their own dreams of a national homeland, they regard as a side-issue.

I was making a documentary about these ultra-nationalist Jewish settlers, called The Ultra-Zionists. For several weeks I'd been spending time in some of the most hardcore and uncompromising sections of the Israeli nationalist community - the Jewish enclave in Hebron, in the hilltops in the north of the West Bank, and in the crowded Arab neighbourhoods of East Jerusalem - choosing to come at a time when peace talks were ongoing and the extreme settlers were therefore more embattled.

For many years I'd been fascinated by extreme nationalists - and I'd hoped the issue of the West Bank and its settlement by extreme religious Jews would be a chance to understand this mindset at first hand.

The day before meeting Yair I'd travelled up to the nearby outpost of Givat Ronen, known to be, if anything, an even more radical and nationalistic community. Early that morning I'd learned that the Israeli army had taken the fairly unusual step of actually enforcing the law against the extreme settlers and dismantling a small house and a goat shed.

Given that the whole community was illegal under Israeli law, the army's action was somewhat tokenistic. But even this was enough to set off local Jewish settler youths who reacted by stoning the shops in a nearby Palestinian village and setting fire to the hillside.

It might be easy to write off these "ultra-Zionists" as people on the fringe of a fringe in terms of their outlook and beliefs. And it is true that many, if not most, Israelis say they would be happy to pull out of most of the occupied territories if they were confident it would lead to peace.

But what makes the extreme settlers more troubling is that they also enjoy a degree of support from the Israeli state. Surprising as it may seem, many illegal outposts like Yair's are protected by the Israeli army. And in East Jerusalem and Hebron the Jewish presence is fully legal under Israeli law and underwritten and guaranteed by a vast security force.

The anger and despair of the Palestinians at the settling of foreigners in their midst is palpable. Many say they would be happy to have Jewish neighbours but not while they don't enjoy the same rights or have the same sovereignty. Towards the end of my stay, one of the settler security guards in East Jerusalem shot and killed a Palestinian man. Rioting was widespread and it seemed clear to me the country was close to a third intifada.

Not long after that I left Jerusalem, but not before I visited Yair again. Once again I found him friendly, likeable, and yet profoundly lacking in perspective of how his national aspirations were trampling on the rights of millions of Palestinians.

With the very vague possibility of peace on the horizon, I asked if he wasn't worried about being told to leave.

"If they want they can take me by power and I'm going to come back illegally," he said. "This is our land. You can come and kill us and do whatever you want. We're going to die for this country."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12347050

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germanic
    State
    Teutonic Order Teutonic Order
    GPWW
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Louis Theroux, a BBC jew, produced also the smear opus against April Gaede that was then shown at the best time in the UK. Posing as an "independent journalist" he wheeled his way into North American WN circles, interviewing and following around people like Tom Metzger and April Gaede with the cam.
    After finishing his work he outed himself "hey, i am jew, you fools", then of course all ties were cut.

He probably could wheel his way into the circles of rabbit Zionists by telling them "hey i am well meaning jew from London".

Here a small excerpt of his 2003 production "Louis and the Nazis"

Hundhedensk "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Håløyg
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    I2b1
    mtDNA
    J2a1a1b
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    South Trondelag South Trondelag
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

Louis Theroux Goes Does the Zionists

Louis Theroux spends time with a small and very committed subculture of ultra-nationalist Jewish settlers. He discovers a group of people who consider it their religious and political obligation to populate some of the most sensitive and disputed areas of the West Bank, especially those with a spiritual significance dating back to the Bible.

Throughout his journey, Louis gets close to the people most involved with driving the extreme end of the Jewish settler movement - finding them warm, friendly, humorous, and deeply troubling.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00ybyxp

D-mUChpnVyg

KhmGceshH8k

Alt: http://avaxhome.ws/video/quality/TVR..._Zionists.html

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 28th, 2012 @ 11:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England England
    State
    East Anglia East Anglia
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self employed
    Politics
    Centre Right
    Religion
    Christian with a touch of Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Watched it last night, showed that as long as the Jewish government back the ultra-nationalists there will be no peace in Israel/Palestine.
    The issue of arabs selling there homes to Jews I have no problem with but when they confiscate them its another matter. The problem as the programme showed it is the hatred that the jews cause by moving into arab areas. Especially that the government then financially backs army/security guards to protect them.
    They're some really crazy people out there.
    Note the comment of the Jewish winemaker who had American christians picking his grapes for him for free - "they are happy to serve us"
    "But we are the people of England; and we have not spoken yet. Smile at us, pay us, pass us by. But never forget". Gilbert K Chesterton

Hundhedensk "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Håløyg
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    I2b1
    mtDNA
    J2a1a1b
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    South Trondelag South Trondelag
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seleferth View Post
    Watched it last night, showed that as long as the Jewish government back the ultra-nationalists there will be no peace in Israel/Palestine.
    The issue of arabs selling there homes to Jews I have no problem with but when they confiscate them its another matter. The problem as the programme showed it is the hatred that the jews cause by moving into arab areas. Especially that the government then financially backs army/security guards to protect them.
    They're some really crazy people out there.
    Note the comment of the Jewish winemaker who had American christians picking his grapes for him for free - "they are happy to serve us"
    Yeah, I noticed. "Americans come to serve us"

Those Christian Zionists are so happy to be goyim slaves, pretty sad.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Wednesday, April 18th, 2012 @ 02:30 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Ænglisc
    Subrace
    Borreby
    Country
    England England
    Family
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MCPThree View Post
    Louis Theroux, a BBC jew, produced also the smear opus against April Gaede that was then shown at the best time in the UK. Posing as an "independent journalist" he wheeled his way into North American WN circles, interviewing and following around people like Tom Metzger and April Gaede with the cam.
    After finishing his work he outed himself "hey, i am jew, you fools", then of course all ties were cut.

He probably could wheel his way into the circles of rabbit Zionists by telling them "hey i am well meaning jew from London".

Here a small excerpt of his 2003 production "Louis and the Nazis"
    I saw that too, although sometimes his type of presenting can be a bit deceitful, I do on the whole find his documentaries to be quite interesting and entertaining.
    + I don't think he is a Jew, the man just asked him and he didn't give a reply in that particular episode, no doubt just to cause some kind of tension.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germanic
    State
    Teutonic Order Teutonic Order
    GPWW
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bæny View Post
    I saw that too, although sometimes his type of presenting can be a bit deceitful, I do on the whole find his documentaries to be quite interesting and entertaining.
    + I don't think he is a Jew, the man just asked him and he didn't give a reply in that particular episode, no doubt just to cause some kind of tension.
    You may be right on this one, he probably used it toward Tom Metzger (a CA based WN) just to shock him. There is nothing in his wikipedia entry about Theroux being jewish, he was born in Singapore but moved back to London at age 4 along with his parents. He positions himself on the left. Very telling is the "Final Debate" between April Gaede and Louis Theroux in April's kitchen in the last 10 min of the docu.

I still think April makes a good figure in defending the WN cause:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, July 12th, 2019 @ 03:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    English/German combo
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Sagittarius
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Louis, you are wrong and she is right. The fact that her views are not held, or purported not to be held, by a majority of people does not mean that she is wrong. Indeed, I shall say it again, in my opinion, she is quite right. Nor are her views anomalous just because you say so, Louis; that her views are 'anomalous' is only a matter of opinion, your opinion, Louis.
    Between the devil and the deep blue sea.

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MCPThree View Post
    You may be right on this one, he probably used it toward Tom Metzger (a CA based WN) just to shock him. There is nothing in his wikipedia entry about Theroux being jewish, he was born in Singapore but moved back to London at age 4 along with his parents. He positions himself on the left. Very telling is the "Final Debate" between April Gaede and Louis Theroux in April's kitchen in the last 10 min of the docu.

I still think April makes a good figure in defending the WN cause:

I don't like how at 5:25 in the video that he tries to apply peer pressure to her by saying she is " out voted " . Does he know this for certain or is he just using it as a ploy.

I personally find that most people when presented with the facts admit that there are differences between the races and that multiculturalism is wrong.
    I sometimes think that the word multiculturalism is wrong in itself as it seems more bent on the destruction of our race and culture than does about being multi anything.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Mein Glaube ist die Liebe zu meinem Volk. Juthunge's Avatar
    Last Online
    2 Hours Ago @ 06:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordid-CM
    Religion of the Blood
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts
    This was probably the most stupid comment I've read on that "Louis and the Nazis" video:

She may be kind of nutty, but she has every right to be prejudiced, even racist. And she does make a good point -- all people are NOT created equal. But all people should be treated as if they were.
    Political correctness at its finest.
    All other people were basically simply insulting her as I expected on youtube. Most with "fancy" and childish names, looking at their profiles I'm not surprised either.

And Theroux's not even providing a single argument for what he says, why would he think his views are more correct than her's? Telling her she's "outvoted" is also just a sign for his inability to back up his opinion, regardless of whether this is even true or not.
    And the day they sold us out, Our hearts grew cold
    'Cause we were never asked, No brother, we were told!
    What do they know of Europe, Who only Europe know?

Ancient DNA: List of All Studies analyzing DNA of Ancient Tribes and Ethnicities(post-2010)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast