State
    Lappland Lappland
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Post A Template for Human Beauty is Found in Phi and the Pentagon

Dr. Stephen Marquardt has studied human beauty for years in his practice of oral and maxillofacial surgery. Dr. Marquardt performed cross-cultural surveys on beauty and found that all groups had the same perceptions of facial beauty. He also analyzed the human face from ancient times to the modern day. Through his research, he discovered that beauty is not only related to phi, but can be defined for both genders and for all races, cultures and eras with the beauty mask which he developed and patented. This mask uses the pentagon and decagon as its foundation, which embody phi in all their dimensions. For more information and other examples, see his site at Marquardt Beauty Analysis.

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 30th, 2005 @ 11:12 PM
    Subrace
    Norðvestrid/NW. Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Occupation
    mom
    Politics
    N/A
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Re: Ideal beauty measurement device

Yet another post from me about the DaVinci code lol

The Divine Proportion

Having recently finished the masterfully written novel, The DaVinci Code, I became intrigued by the Divine Proportion, also known as Phi, or the Golden Mean. The number Phi is 1.618033987 (with the lowercase phi being 0.6180339887), and it is manifested in numerous ways. This is how it came to be known in the Renaissance as the Divine Proportion, because it was believed to be God's hand. It indicates a ratio.

Phi appears in the following places:
    • the human body
    • the proportions of other animals
    • plants
    • DNA
    • the solar system
    • art and architecture
    • music
    • population growth
    • spirals
    • energy
    • the stock market
    • the Bible and in theology.
    John Cleese and Elizabeth Hurley do an admirable job of explaining Phi and its role in the concept of beauty in a mini-series called The Human Face. Educational and funny, too.
    Last edited by Willowsprout; Saturday, November 20th, 2004 at 09:43 PM.

Account Disabled on Request

Last Online
    Friday, January 8th, 2010 @ 08:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    State
    Lappland Lappland
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

3 women of 3 different races, all considered to be beautiful:

Beyonce Knowles

Claudia Schiffer

Zhang Ziyi

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, January 13th, 2007 @ 08:38 AM
    Subrace
    Intermarine (Arya)
    Country
    European Union European Union
    N/A
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

A morph of all three of the above.

Which one does she resemble most?

Last Online
    Friday, October 13th, 2006 @ 03:38 PM
    Subrace
    hmm
    Country
    natural
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bocian

A morph of all three of the above.

Which one does she resemble most?
    This is the face of the future of America... I already see these types in commercials and ads and on the street... I hope Europe can do a better job of preserving its phenotypes...

I do believe that race and beauty are two separate things. I actually would pick Lauryn Hill over many of the White Hollywood actresses.

I'd also like to add that Zhang Ziyi is overrated, and is actually one of the least "beautiful" actresses in Asia. She's popular because of her personality.

Beyonce Knowles is definitely a mulatto... Her mom looks almost White.
    Last edited by Test; Sunday, November 21st, 2004 at 03:32 AM.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, January 13th, 2007 @ 08:38 AM
    Subrace
    Intermarine (Arya)
    Country
    European Union European Union
    N/A
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Test
    This is the face of the future of America... I already see these types in commercials and ads and on the street... I hope Europe can do a better job of preserving its phenotypes...

I do believe that raci and beauty are two separate things. I actually would pick Lauryn Hill over many of the White Hollywood actresses.

I'd also like to add that Zhang Ziyi is overrated, and is actually one of the least "beautiful" actresses in Asia. She's popular because of her personality.

Beyonce Knowles is definitely a mullato... Her mom looks almost White.
    Whatever she is, she's becoming more and more common. Although she is 1/3 white, the black and mongoloid stand out more, imo.

Maybe I should have used another white model, as Schiffer looks as if she was squinting in that pic, plus she has some East Baltid features which doesn't help. Also the pic was at a much lower resolution than the other two. On the other hand Beyonce is probably partly white, so I guess it balances out evenly.

Not bad looking though.
    Last edited by bocian; Sunday, November 21st, 2004 at 03:38 AM.

Progressive Collectivist
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Monday, January 31st, 2011 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Progressive Collectivist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

These examples are rather bad because the "black" and "Asian" one are not typical and Beyonce is even heavily mixed and can never be considered as typical for Negrids.

Lauryn Hill would be a better example though she is not "extreme" as well.

You can find beautiful people in every race, but average is important as well. The European average is higher if its about attractiveness. Even more important, an extreme Europid type can still be attractive, an extreme Negrid is never attractive.

Not to speak about other important racial features...
    Magna Europa est patria nostra
    STOP GATS! STOP LIBERALISM!

Last Online
    Subrace
    hmm
    Country
    natural
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not sure of what you mean by "extreme"... Lauryn Hill looks fully black... If you mean "extreme" as in out of proportion fleshy lips and nose and the general face shape... then that wouldn't be attractive.
    I do fully agree that on average Caucasians have more attractive people, but those traits (high browage and nose), when taken out of proportion, can be unattractive as well.

Progressive Collectivist
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Monday, January 31st, 2011 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Progressive Collectivist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

when taken out of proportion, can be unattractive as well
    Sure.

A prominent nose and high-prominent chin is very progressive, but still, if too extreme, not balanced and out of proportion, its highly unattractive, for women in special.
    Therefore evolution in a positive, progressive way, is always balanced first, but still goes further and further in a certain direction.

But in overspecialized or primitive types the extreme is not the exception but the rule, thats the differerence to more balanced types as well.

What I meant was more the general tendency of the type, an extremely broad nose, weak chin, prognathy, basedowoid eyes, frizzletop, steatopygy etc. are typical Negrid features, neither attractive nor progressive. (probably the only progressive feature of the fully Negrid type are the full lips - a features which is if too extreme - which is often the case - negative and though its probably progressive not as important as certain other features)
    Usually only those (at least female) Negrids are considered as being beautiful, most of the time even by their kinsmen, which dont have these features, at least no strong, or which changed their appearance in the usual way... (surgery, cosmetic, false hair...)

So its about the general tendency of a race, whether its going in a balanced and progressive direction or not. Usually whats progressive and balanced is considered to be more beautiful - its not just about symmetry.
    A Homo erectus woman wouldnt be considered beautiful by more modern humans no matter how symmetric her face might have been...
    Same is true for most pure Australoids f.e. and for a high percentage of typical Negrids.

Palaenegrids in particular of course...

Probably I will draw profiles with exaggerated features of the general tendencies of the human evolution (mainly archemorph-primitive, paedomorph-infantile, neomorph-progressive) and provide photographic examples.
    Of course I wanted to write more about that long time ago, but of course its too much work at the moment...

In fact its always like a scorecard, because even progressive types can have certain primitive features...

The ultimate or hyperprogressive "race" does not exist, just individuals approach this tendency.
    But some are nearer (Europids in general, Nordids in particular) others further away from the progressive tendency (f.e. Australoids in general and Tasmanids in particular).
    Last edited by Agrippa; Thursday, November 25th, 2004 at 02:37 AM.
    Magna Europa est patria nostra
    STOP GATS! STOP LIBERALISM!

Last Online
    Subrace
    hmm
    Country
    natural
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Interesting...

I agree with you in part but there are things I'm not sure about.

I think beauty is comprised of several factors.

For women:
    ~femininity (You can have the perfect face and have that beauty taken away by being manly-looking and.)
    ~youthful appearance
    ~proportionality
    ~symmetry

For men, pretty much the same except that I think the youthful/boyish muscaline look is often confused for being having a feminine look.

As for proportionality, it's hard to define what is proportional. I'm not sure if there is logical basis for it or if it's based on subjective values or a mix of both.

~Certainly, when you identify parts of the face unconsciously in your mind (chin, nose...), you want them to be defined (proportional). If this is true, then there is an objective basis for what is proportional.

~On the other hand, it might be just in our minds as aesthetic values that slowly established themselves over time.

It's the same with "progressive". We might view those traits you mentioned as non-progressive because they resemble primate traits, which implies this as subjective aestheticism. Or it might be that sharper features just seem more carved/gracile/defined/delicate and that this is a natural/objective aesthetic positive everyone would chase.

Both seem to make sense to me so it might be a partially subjective and partially natural/objective aestheticism. I have to give this some thought. Very interesting because I've never really thought about it, though I've always assumed certain traits were more progressive.

I do know that I've never seen an Australian aboriginal female I've been attracted to.
    Last edited by Test; Thursday, November 25th, 2004 at 03:22 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast