Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: What are the top 5 Songs you want played at your funeral?

  1. #21
    Adolar II
    Guest

    Post Re: What are the top 5 Songs you want played at your funeral?

    Only one--"In questa tomba oscura" (In the dark tomb) by Ludwig van Beethoven, after G. Carpani:

    In this dark tomb lay me to rest;
    When I was living, ungrateful wretch,
    you should have thought of me.
    Let my bare ghost at least enjoy peace
    And bathe not my ashes with vain poisonous tears.

    In diesem düsteren Grab lass mich ruhen;
    Als ich lebte, du Grausame, solltest du an mich denken,
    Lass mindestens dem nackten Schatten seinen Frieden,
    Begiesse meine Asche nicht unnötig mit Gift.

    A. II

  2. #22
    Member
    Strengthandhonour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Thursday, February 10th, 2005 @ 09:15 PM
    Subrace
    Galician/Lombardian/Genoese
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Location
    my secret base
    Gender
    Age
    33
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    what does Politics mean?
    Religion
    Religion of Romans
    Posts
    320
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Post Re: What are the top 5 Songs you want played at your funeral?

    That song from Life of brian by Monty Python.."Life is a piece of shit, when you look at it..la lal ala la"
    nah..something good. Something by Vivaldi would be nice
    Just close your eyes...can you remember
    The generations not so long ago
    I feel the shameless urge that we must restore
    Our former king to his rightful throne
    And with me lords and maidens
    We wait for the chosen son's return

    I come alive
    It's a time for celebration
    Our will to restore
    Make our past become the futre once more

    Still he lives! 2000 years have passed
    And still we're yearning for his return
    We fulfill a wishful prohecy
    And so the chanting begins
    Hail Caesar...Hail Caesar...we render unto you
    What is still yours

  3. #23
    Member
    Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Last Online
    Thursday, January 4th, 2007 @ 10:45 PM
    Subrace
    Mediterranid
    Location
    Athens, near Parthenon
    Gender
    Age
    68
    Family
    Married, happily
    Occupation
    Archaeologist-journalist.
    Politics
    Plato's Orientation
    Religion
    National Hellenic
    Posts
    179
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Post Re: What are the top 5 Songs you want played at your funeral?

    EYTYXEITE!
    Dear Fellow,
    I'm 52 years old and I never thought about death, you are only 17 and...your question is about funeral's music?
    You are very pessimist,or not?
    Think about music of life, enjoy life, enjoy the fresh air of the mountains as I do.
    It's better for the mind.
    Kindest Regards!
    Quote Originally Posted by Strengthandhonour
    That song from Life of brian by Monty Python.."Life is a piece of shit, when you look at it..la lal ala la"
    nah..something good. Something by Vivaldi would be nice

  4. #24
    Member
    Strengthandhonour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Thursday, February 10th, 2005 @ 09:15 PM
    Subrace
    Galician/Lombardian/Genoese
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Location
    my secret base
    Gender
    Age
    33
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    what does Politics mean?
    Religion
    Religion of Romans
    Posts
    320
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Post Re: What are the top 5 Songs you want played at your funeral?

    Camarata Aristole,
    I am not thinking about death already. The point of the topic is, that if we where to die, what songs we would want presented at our funeral, and I picked. I am not planning to die anytime soon. not without leaving a few little creatures around to carry my bloodline
    Just close your eyes...can you remember
    The generations not so long ago
    I feel the shameless urge that we must restore
    Our former king to his rightful throne
    And with me lords and maidens
    We wait for the chosen son's return

    I come alive
    It's a time for celebration
    Our will to restore
    Make our past become the futre once more

    Still he lives! 2000 years have passed
    And still we're yearning for his return
    We fulfill a wishful prohecy
    And so the chanting begins
    Hail Caesar...Hail Caesar...we render unto you
    What is still yours

  5. #25

    Post Re: What are the top 5 Songs you want played at your funeral?

    Wait, here's another one for my funeral!

    "My Way" as performed by the Sex Pistols (Revaux, Francois, Anka)

    Damn. Perfect.

    And now the end is near and so I face the final curtain
    You cunt, I'm not a queer I'll state my case of which I'm certain
    I've lived a life that's full and each and every highway
    And yet, much more than this I did it my way

    And yes, I've had a few but then again, too few to mention
    But dig, what I have to feel I'll see it through with no devotion
    Of that take care and just be careful along the highway
    And more, much more than this I did it my way

    There were times I'm sure you knew
    When there was nothing fucking else to do
    But through it all, when there was doubt
    I shot it up or kicked it out
    I fought the just as before and did it my way

    Knocked out in bed last night
    I've had my fill ooh my share of looting
    And now the tears subside
    I find it all so amusing
    To think I killed a cat
    And may I say oh no, not their way
    But no, no, not me, I did it my way

    For what is a brat, what has he got
    When he finds out that he cannot say the things he truly feels
    But only the words, not what he feels
    The record shows, I've got no clothes and did it my way

  6. #26
    Member
    Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Last Online
    Thursday, January 4th, 2007 @ 10:45 PM
    Subrace
    Mediterranid
    Location
    Athens, near Parthenon
    Gender
    Age
    68
    Family
    Married, happily
    Occupation
    Archaeologist-journalist.
    Politics
    Plato's Orientation
    Religion
    National Hellenic
    Posts
    179
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Post Re: What are the top 5 Songs you want played at your funeral?

    EYTYXEITE!

    Mein Kamerad Strenghtandhonour, ufffff........... now I feel better!
    You know, we have to clear many enemies before to be died..
    Ok,in a case such this I would like something like Tyrolean Jodl because i like too much to listen it when I'm riding.
    Kindest Regards!
    Quote Originally Posted by Strengthandhonour
    Camarata Aristole,
    I am not thinking about death already. The point of the topic is, that if we where to die, what songs we would want presented at our funeral, and I picked. I am not planning to die anytime soon. not without leaving a few little creatures around to carry my bloodline

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Stríbog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Last Online
    Wednesday, January 12th, 2005 @ 11:45 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid-Baltid (Aistin)
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Location
    Where Rust Belt meets Farm Belt
    Gender
    Age
    37
    Occupation
    college student
    Politics
    Environmentalism and eugenics
    Religion
    occultism & Nature worship
    Posts
    2,172
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    19
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

    Post Re: What are the top 5 Songs you want played at your funeral?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sigrun Christianson
    Wait, here's another one for my funeral!

    "My Way" as performed by the Sex Pistols (Revaux, Francois, Anka)

    Damn. Perfect.

    And now the end is near and so I face the final curtain
    You cunt, I'm not a queer I'll state my case of which I'm certain
    I've lived a life that's full and each and every highway
    And yet, much more than this I did it my way

    And yes, I've had a few but then again, too few to mention
    But dig, what I have to feel I'll see it through with no devotion
    Of that take care and just be careful along the highway
    And more, much more than this I did it my way

    There were times I'm sure you knew
    When there was nothing fucking else to do
    But through it all, when there was doubt
    I shot it up or kicked it out
    I fought the just as before and did it my way

    Knocked out in bed last night
    I've had my fill ooh my share of looting
    And now the tears subside
    I find it all so amusing
    To think I killed a cat
    And may I say oh no, not their way
    But no, no, not me, I did it my way

    For what is a brat, what has he got
    When he finds out that he cannot say the things he truly feels
    But only the words, not what he feels
    The record shows, I've got no clothes and did it my way

    Haven't you seen the ending to Goodfellas?

  8. #28
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Monday, August 23rd, 2004 @ 10:53 AM
    Subrace
    Mediterranid
    Location
    Zaragoza, España
    Gender
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    NS
    Religion
    Paganism
    Posts
    9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Post Re: What are the top 5 Songs you want played at your funeral?

    I would probably choose the song : The snow fell / Skrewdriver , or a song played with bagpipes [I donno the title ]

  9. #29

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 11:57 AM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Zeeland Zeeland
    Location
    Oost-Souburg
    Gender
    Posts
    4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The Crown and the Ring
    Song by Manowar

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Top 500 Heavy Metal Songs of All Time
    By Loki in forum Music & Hymns
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: Sunday, May 27th, 2018, 03:35 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: Wednesday, June 1st, 2011, 11:24 AM
  3. Germanic Funeral Customs
    By Dagna in forum Customs & Rituals
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Friday, March 21st, 2008, 05:08 PM
  4. Plz Classify Russian Actor Vasili LIVANOV who played Sherlock Holmes
    By Nicola_Canadian in forum Anthropological Taxonomy
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Sunday, February 26th, 2006, 08:17 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •